Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC
Hey everyone,

I am looking to book some accommodation for round one next year, it will be my first trip to Melbourne to watch the mighty tigers at the G and i am taking my whole family across, all six of us, i'll be attending the footy then doing some sight seeing the following day before heading back to Adelaide, i just really need some recommendation as i have no clue what to look for, i would prefer to go cheap as long as it isn't filthy. thanks in advance.

P.S. Mods, not sure if this breaks any rules but i hope you'll indulge me......cheers.

I can recommend a place not to stay! That's City Edge apartments in East Melbourne... close walk to the G but the rooms are filthy!

Hey everyone,

I am looking to book some accommodation for round one next year, it will be my first trip to Melbourne to watch the mighty tigers at the G and i am taking my whole family across, all six of us, i'll be attending the footy then doing some sight seeing the following day before heading back to Adelaide, i just really need some recommendation as i have no clue what to look for, i would prefer to go cheap as long as it isn't filthy. thanks in advance.

P.S. Mods, not sure if this breaks any rules but i hope you'll indulge me......cheers.

Groupies Dungeon , close to the G , inclusions are free Gimp mask , bag of weed , slab of of Draught :)

If you are only staying for the night and then heading back pretty soon the next day, then go for something like Pullman on the Park which is the old Hilton next to the ground. Sounds like you're only doing a bit of sight seeing the next day when driving around in your car on the way back, so the location of where you are staying doesn't really matter too much for seeing anything else. You won't even be able to go out to any decent restaurant on the night you are there given you'll be at the game, so that doesn't affect the location either.
If you want something in the CBD so you can walk around the next day before you leave, then maybe try for something up on/near the corner of Spring St & Flinders St. Its still close to the ground, but on the edge of the city nearest the stadium.

Driving mate, haven't flown yet. Working up to it lol
I can possibly help you out. I have a 3 BR Townhouse in Southbank that I sometimes rent out on Airbnb and I go crash at my missus place. Its a 15 minute walk across the Botanical Gardens to the G.
If you're interested PM me the dates and I'll let you know if it's free and send you a link to the property so you can check it out. Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can possibly help you out. I have a 3 BR Townhouse in Southbank that I sometimes rent out on Airbnb and I go crash at my missus place. Its a 15 minute walk across the Botanical Gardens to the G.
If you're interested PM me the dates and I'll let you know if it's free and send you a link to the property so you can check it out. Cheers

Looks like somebody is worth a few bob $$$$

rich campaigner :)

I can recommend a place not to stay! That's City Edge apartments in East Melbourne... close walk to the G but the rooms are filthy!
Have to vouch for that.Stayed there a month ago for a wedding.
Thank god i was pissed.

Mantra on Russell is pretty comfotable if you dont take Johnno's joint.

In the city near shops and food etc, still only a 10 min to the G.

Hey everyone,

How many in the family... There are some surprisingly cheap options in east Melbourne right next to the G.. Knightsbridge apartments and magnolia boutique hotel are fairly dated but clean and have very good rates... I often stay at knightsbridge as it's a 5 min walk to the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back