AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 230 were upgraded to gold in July this year according to someone in this thread who spoke to them, so the waitlist obviously wasn't going to move much, especially near the top.

Just took a look back at my list movement. Joined in Dec 2007.
At the end of 2013 (2014 renewal notice) I was about 4500.
At the end of 2014 (2015 renewal notice) I was about 2300.
Mid 2015 I was offered upgrade to Gold.
There were also at least 2000 upgrades the next year as well based on info in this thread.

So those 3 years there was an exodus of at least 6,500 Gold Members which is a huge amount.
I suspect a lot of that that exodus were people moving to absentee status, Essendon due to the supplements saga, Collingwood due to their drop down the ladder and also Carlton for the same reason after playing finals for a few years. Those 3 clubs are easily the biggest AFL membership bases, have about 4k, 7k, 4k gold members according to the stats published back in 2013.

So maybe the slow movement the last 2 years really is many of those members jumping back on. If so then the list may begin to move at a faster rate the next few years. I suspect it is a cyclical thing, we had a few years of huge movement and now a few with not much at all. Or maybe there are members who would have otherwise dropped off the last 2 years but are hanging on a little longer because they got to see the Bulldogs/Tigers droughts broken? I wish the AFL would publish all the figures each year so that we don't have to speculate.

I am already Gold but my partner got their 2nd year renewal.

Will be a long time until we are attending GFs together

I am already Gold but my partner got their 2nd year renewal.

Will be a long time until we are attending GFs together
My wife is 5 years in and 13k on the waitlist

It's amazing that with the large amount of silver wait list number that in the past season 2018, I went as an absentee member due to
family/medical reasons unable to attend matches.
This is the first time I had done so as a decade or so earlier when I lived in FNQ for 2 years absentee member was not an option
in the mid 2000's.
The afl keeps wanting people to attend games and wants them back asap.
The odd part was that around finals time they sent out afl member codes for discount to finals games etc.
Then I contacted them to see how I go back to Gold status as I've been a full/gold member for 25 years.

I didn't want the auto renew so advised I'll pay for 2019 when I'm ready as the get the money at end of November when
the due date is end of January 2019.
So the AFL gets to earn money for 2 months on those with auto renew or monthly instalments.
BTW during the hawk three premiership years v interstate clubs, the full member/gold member was around 4500 or thereabouts.

It's going to be very interesting in the next few years when the GF is between clubs with high numbers of gold members.
At one time each club support full/gold was capped per team.
Not sure if this is going on still - Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood all had over 12k full/gold members at one time.
I tried to check the information of various clubs on all categories to no avail.

If people have joined recently I told them that AFL members is good if you can go to games even as a neutral but those
wanting to attend GF's then either get a club one as well as the AFL or pay for package ones if they are available.

Good luck to all in the coming season 2019.

I joined at the end of 2008 and as of Feb 2018 was 1,545 on the waitlist. My renewal letter just came through a few days ago and I am 1,320. Looks like it might be quite a wait still.

Email rec'd today.

Silver members no longer have access to prelim tickets unless there's some left after full members have bought there's

Gold members will get prelim tickets at a "discouned rate"

:rolleyes:

Scalpers will profit
they buried that under a some things are changing, click here, missed it the first time around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Email rec'd today.

Silver members no longer have access to prelim tickets unless there's some left after full members have bought theirs

Scalpers will profit

Good to hear they listened to complaints this year, but gold members already got the tickets at a discounted rate

Good to hear they listened to complaints this year, but gold members already got the tickets at a discounted rate

Gold members got tickets for free, they only had to pay a booking fee as far as I'm aware. Saying it's a "discounted rate" makes me think they're going to bump up the price similar to the GF tickets.

Email rec'd today.

Silver members no longer have access to prelim tickets unless there's some left after full members have bought theirs

Scalpers will profit
Sounds like the corporate area is expanding. Not good

This has nothing to do with "corporates", it's a knee-jerk response to some 25-year Collingwood members missing out on the 2018 Collingwood v Richmond prelim.

This is a very minor change that will really only come into play if Richmond and/or Collingwood are playing. Other prelims do not sell out. 2016, Geelong v Sydney for example.

It's only free for walk ups.
Checked my prelim ticket and it was $26 plus $7.25 booking fee.

Isn't $26 the "reservation" fee and then the booking fee on top of that goes to the ticketing agency? If it stays at that rate fine but it just seemed a bit dodgy.

This has nothing to do with "corporates", it's a knee-jerk response to some 25-year Collingwood members missing out on the 2018 Collingwood v Richmond prelim.

This is a very minor change that will really only come into play if Richmond and/or Collingwood are playing. Other prelims do not sell out. 2016, Geelong v Sydney for example.

I don't think so. My sister is a silver member still about 4000 on the waitlist. This probably means if Melbourne makes a prelim she will either be unable to sit with us and be stuck up in the nosebleeds or have to borrow someone's full membership barcode for a ticket. Same with my son and wife who signed up 6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back