Traded Dayne Beams [traded with #41 and #43 to Collingwood for #18, #56 and future 1st round pick]

Kind of a cherry picked statistic dont you think?
How many games did he play in 2016?
Complains about cherry picking.

Cherry picks Beams’ injury status from 3 years ago.

:thumbsu:

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
I guess if you regard a pick in the early 20’s as a genuine first rounder it’s a huge win :drunk:
One pick in the 20s is fair for Beams. Not one pick in the 20s + another first rounder. When we got rid of Deledio (he was 29 at the time) we only received one late first rounder. Brisbane had no business receiving two first rounders for Beams who is a similar age. The precedent was there.

One pick in the 20s is fair for Beams. Not one pick in the 20s + another first rounder. When we got rid of Deledio (he was 29 at the time) we only received one late first rounder. Brisbane had no business receiving two first rounders for Beams who is a similar age. The precedent was there.
Yeah! Precedent!

Apart from the fact that Deledio was almost a full year older than Beams, had only managed 11 games that year with constant soft tissue injuries, and when he did get on the park was statistically a significantly worse player than 2017 Beams, the trade is nearly exactly the same! I’m convinced! We wuz robbed!

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
Yeah! Precedent!

Apart from the fact that Deledio was almost a full year older than Beams, had only managed 11 games that year with constant soft tissue injuries, and when he did get on the park was statistically a significantly worse player than 2017 Beams, the trade is nearly exactly the same! I’m convinced! We wuz robbed!
Lmao @ “almost a full year”. Gee, better cough up an extra first rounder because we will get an extra ten months out of Beams. Brilliant.

Beams has had his fair share of injuries along the way, not to mention the bloke’s current mental state. The fact is you gave up two first rounders for a guy approaching the twilight of his career. Whatever way you try to spin it, you paid overs.

Lmao @ “almost a full year”. Gee, better cough up an extra first rounder because we will get an extra ten months out of Beams. Brilliant.

Beams has had his fair share of injuries along the way, not to mention the bloke’s current mental state. The fact is you gave up two first rounders for a guy approaching the twilight of his career. Whatever way you try to spin it, you paid overs.
Sweetheart, you’re the one who tried to make out as if they were the same age when traded, now there’s a years difference it’s ‘lols ur gonna get an extra 10 months from him’?
Never mind that Richmond were thrilled to get Delidios busted up arse out of the joint because they knew he was cooked.

Trade was exactly the same. We were robbed!

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
Sweetheart, you’re the one who tried to make out as if they were the same age when traded, now there’s a years difference it’s ‘lols ur gonna get an extra 10 months from him’?
Never mind that Richmond were thrilled to get Delidios busted up arse out of the joint because they knew he was cooked.

Trade was exactly the same. We were robbed!
Did you not read what I said? I said he was at a similar age. A ten month difference is pretty similar to me. You then got all pedantic and acted like it was significant, which I found hilarious.

Beams is almost over the hill and probably has about 75 games left in him. The players you gave up potentially have 500. Amazing that you think you’ve walked away winners from this trade.

Did you not read what I said? I said he was at a similar age. A ten month difference is pretty similar to me. You then got all pedantic and acted like it was significant, which I found hilarious.

Beams is almost over the hill and probably has about 75 games left in him. The players you gave up potentially have 500. Amazing that you think you’ve walked away winners from this trade.
Except it was in our best interests to trade away this years first because of Quaynor. But it’s easier for you to ignore the fact that we walked away with pick 13,29, and Beams despite not having a pick in the first two rounds to begin with. So no, we didn’t give up players with 500 games between them. We gave up a pick that was going to be eaten by a bid anyway, and a pick next year that might have been a 200 gamer, or might have been our next Ben Kennedy or Nathan Freeman for 4 years worth of Beams.

I’m not sure how I’ll sleep at night.

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
Except it was in our best interests to trade away this years first because of Quaynor. But it’s easier for you to ignore the fact that we walked away with pick 13,29, and Beams despite not having a pick in the first two rounds to begin with. So no, we didn’t give up players with 500 games between them. We gave up a pick that was going to be eaten by a bid anyway, and a pick next year that might have been a 200 gamer, or might have been our next Ben Kennedy or Nathan Freeman for 4 years worth of Beams.

The fact that the pick was going to be eaten up by a bid does not render it useless. It still retains its value at the trade table but you decided to piss it off cheaply to get Beams over the line.

You could’ve also traded away the next Dayne Beams who you previously drafted in the twenties. Do I need to remind you that you gave two of them away to get him back? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And I’m sure your delusion helps you sleep at night.

The fact that the pick was going to be eaten up by a bid does not render it useless. It still retains its value at the trade table but you decided to piss it off cheaply to get Beams over the line.

You could’ve also traded away the next Dayne Beams who you previously drafted in the twenties. Do I need to remind you that you gave two of them away to get him back? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And I’m sure your delusion helps you sleep at night.
You’re right. It retains its value. And it’s value was used to get an A grade player + enough points to secure 2 players in a strong draft without going in to deficit.

Keep telling yourself we were robbed if it makes you feel better. Im sure you’re still stinging from your back to backs being robbed from you. :thumbsu:

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
You’re right. It retains its value. And it’s value was used to get an A grade player + enough points to secure 2 players in a strong draft without going in to deficit.

Keep telling yourself we were robbed if it makes you feel better. Im sure you’re still stinging from your back to backs being robbed from you. :thumbsu:
Oh don’t worry. I got over that the minute you guys lost the Grand Final in the dying minutes after leading by five goals. Can always count on a Collingwood choke to cheer me up :tearsofjoy:

Good summation.

Many opposition fans seem to not understand how academy bidding works, and the massive benefits that clubs receive on draft day.

Another point I'll add is we are in our premiership window. Beams coming home coincides with this perfectly. 70-80 games from Beams over the next 3-4 years will hopefully deliver a flag.

Why would we want a mid to late first rounder next year, when Beams could help us snag a flag before the draft?

In fairness to Jackess, he has probably been the biggest and most consistent critic on the Lions board of Beams's on-field performance, long before the trade appeared on the radar.

He's probably the least likely person you could accuse of being salty about the trade.

Fair enough. You would obviously know more about jackess.

His on-field form is another topic. We have people critical of our captain too.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Oh don’t worry. I got over that the minute you guys lost the Grand Final in the dying minutes after leading by five goals. Can always count on a Collingwood choke to cheer me up :tearsofjoy:

Were you one of the thousands walking toward Punt Road leaving behind a puddle of tears at 8:30pm on a Friday night in September?

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
Were you one of the thousands walking toward Punt Road leaving behind a puddle of tears at 8:30pm on a Friday night in September?
Nah stuck out the game. You realise you had a golden opportunity to capitalise on that win and you blew it? Like, you know you didn’t win the flag, yeah?

Where were you when Collingwood choked on the big stage and gave up a five goal lead against an interstate side? Watching your players overcelebrate every goal and get stuck into the West Coast boys every time you kicked one, for it to all fall apart in the dying minutes of the game was absolutely hilarious. Oh man, the look on Treloar’s face after the game and Buckley just sitting in the coach’s box defeated and heartbroken. Priceless :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Nah stuck out the game. You realise you had a golden opportunity to capitalise on that win and you blew it? Like, you know you didn’t win the flag, yeah?

Where were you when Collingwood choked on the big stage and gave up a five goal lead against an interstate side? Watching your players overcelebrate every goal and get stuck into the West Coast boys every time you kicked one, for it to all fall apart in the dying minutes of the game was absolutely hilarious. Oh man, the look on Treloar’s face after the game and Buckley just sitting in the coach’s box defeated and heartbroken. Priceless :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I can literally hear your fingers speedily smash down on your keyboard in anger hahahaha

If choking a grand final is what we have to pay for not being dished up the 37 years of s**t your club dished up before and beyond, then that’s one hell of a deal. Your club is irrelevant again.

Reminder: making a grand final is better than being absolutely obliterated in a preliminary final.

IMG_6660.JPG

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
I can literally hear your fingers speedily smash down on your keyboard in anger hahahaha

If choking a grand final is what we have to pay for not being dished up the 37 years of s**t your club dished up before and beyond, then that’s one hell of a deal. Your club is irrelevant again.

Reminder: making a grand final is better than being absolutely obliterated in a preliminary final.

View attachment 592875
I don’t really understand the correlation between our lack of success and you perennially choking in big games, but would I be right in saying you’re drawing comparisons to a cherry picked moment in Richmond’s history to make yourself feel better about Collingwood’s failures? You’re drawing a long bow and you’re coming across as really insecure. Hopefully you don’t have to rely on random moments from the past to comfort you when Collingwood inevitably let you down again.

And Richmond are irrelevant? Tom Lynch (a former Collingwood diehard) picked an irrelevant club over Collingwood despite desperate attempts from your club to sign him, so where does that place Collingwood exactly?

I thought so.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
I don’t really understand the correlation between our lack of success and you perennially choking in big games, but would I be right in saying you’re drawing comparisons to a cherry picked moment in Richmond’s history to make yourself feel better about Collingwood’s failures? You’re drawing a long bow and you’re coming across as really insecure. Hopefully you don’t have to rely on random moments from the past to comfort you when Collingwood inevitably let you down again.

And Richmond are irrelevant? Tom Lynch (a former Collingwood diehard) picked an irrelevant club over Collingwood despite desperate attempts from your club to sign him, so where does that place Collingwood exactly?

I thought so.

Lol you’re the fool who brought up the grand final as if it had any relevance in this thread whatsoever. It seems you struggle to comprehend basic logic and reason so you retaliate with nonsense.

I don’t need to let a Richmond supporter tell me our club will let us down again. I’ve seen you choke dozens of home-and-away games for years on years, your supporters would kill for the privilege of being in a position to choke big finals games. The 2013-15 elimination final hat trick is the stuff of legends. Then the 2018 preliminary final - oh boy! Handed the easiest fixture any premiership team has ever seen and the weakest top four (as you claim on the main board) and you were absolutely pantsed by a team with no key defenders and a lanky American at full forward. Imagine facing our midfield now with Beams and capable key defenders down back. You could have added Lynch to your preliminary final line-up and he may have wiped a goal off the final margin.

Back