EDFL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe find a new source because from what I’m lead to believe cragieburn nearly tripled what he was on this year. From what I’m hearing at the Jags in the off season they are recruiting and having players return after new coach has signed on, only a few players have requested to ge elsewhere and 2 or 3 retired.

No need to be concerned for Jags yet I don’t think.
Didnt see any complaints last year when jacana enjoyed the recruitment of 5 plus eagles players.

Didnt see any complaints last year when jacana enjoyed the recruitment of 5 plus eagles players.

What 5 plus players you referring too?
And who was complaining? There was a discussion in regards to a couple of players and why Jacana didn’t hold onto them.

Only a couple were any good though.

What do you think of the new coach of CB? From all reports his a nice guy and really good doing roles like Football manager etc but can he coach at the top level? My point is more referring to future plans. I’m sure he will do ok in div1 at CB at they have a decent list with a good budget, BUT is he the man to coach at premier level if they happen to go up? I’m not convinced judging by past history..
So is he there for short or long term? If short term then excellent appointment but if it’s a 3-5 plan then I’m not sold on the idea...

Thoughts...

Also how many current div1 coaches are capable of coaching at the next level? What I mean is who can recruit top level players and coach better players against quality opposition? Game sense, game strategy etc..

It’s an interesting question, as what clubs are planning for the future from the top. A good coach ( and coaching staff) is so important.

What do you think of the new coach of CB? From all reports his a nice guy and really good doing roles like Football manager etc but can he coach at the top level? My point is more referring to future plans. I’m sure he will do ok in div1 at CB at they have a decent list with a good budget, BUT is he the man to coach at premier level if they happen to go up? I’m not convinced judging by past history..
So is he there for short or long term? If short term then excellent appointment but if it’s a 3-5 plan then I’m not sold on the idea...

Thoughts...

Also how many current div1 coaches are capable of coaching at the next level? What I mean is who can recruit top level players and coach better players against quality opposition? Game sense, game strategy etc..

It’s an interesting question, as what clubs are planning for the future from the top. A good coach ( and coaching staff) is so important.
I reckon Dean Wallis had the best capability to coach from B Grade to A Grade but if you don't have the cattle then it doesn't matter who's coaching.

To answer your question how many Div 1 coaches are capable , I would say all of them IF they had the cattle..

Look no further than last years A Grade Premier - he is now a 3 time premiership coach , absolute Spud but had a great team and great leaders who ran the show so didn't matter who was "coach"

I reckon Dean Wallis had the best capability to coach from B Grade to A Grade but if you don't have the cattle then it doesn't matter who's coaching.

To answer your question how many Div 1 coaches are capable , I would say all of them IF they had the cattle..

Look no further than last years A Grade Premier - he is now a 3 time premiership coach , absolute Spud but had a great team and great leaders who ran the show so didn't matter who was "coach"

Survey, yes agree Wallis was a top level coach who could draw in players (however it did cost them $$) and was tactically good. Spent time at an AFL club so good background.

Interesting your views on Potter as they are along the way I think however we must give him some credit as he seemed to manage the group well. I don’t recall many players leaving whilst he was there and he seemed to control the egos of some players. Reimers playing 2s. Can’t imagine many coaches willing to allow a player of that quality to play 2s, however I don’t know the full background of why..Is Potts kind of overseeing things more than full time coach?

Survey, yes agree Wallis was a top level coach who could draw in players (however it did cost them $$) and was tactically good. Spent time at an AFL club so good background.

Interesting your views on Potter as they are along the way I think however we must give him some credit as he seemed to manage the group well. I don’t recall many players leaving whilst he was there and he seemed to control the egos of some players. Reimers playing 2s. Can’t imagine many coaches willing to allow a player of that quality to play 2s, however I don’t know the full background of why..Is Potts kind of overseeing things more than full time coach?
When you've got the depth of playing group Abers has and players desperate to break in for a chance to play in a flag it doesn't matter who(Reimers) the player is, it is easy to keep them in the 2's until they get fit and earn their way in, last season Reimers was unfit and they were a better team without his negative influence(not chasing or tackling) , so again EASY decision that the u/13 coach could've made.
Players don't go to Abers or stay there to play under Potters coaching. Yes they have managed a few ego's, and Potter was involved with that but he cannot individually take the credit.

When you've got the depth of playing group Abers has and players desperate to break in for a chance to play in a flag it doesn't matter who(Reimers) the player is, it is easy to keep them in the 2's until they get fit and earn their way in, last season Reimers was unfit and they were a better team without his negative influence(not chasing or tackling) , so again EASY decision that the u/13 coach could've made.
Players don't go to Abers or stay there to play under Potters coaching. Yes they have managed a few ego's, and Potter was involved with that but he cannot individually take the credit.
Just shows you know little about football.
Potter has turned a club from an average club to a great football club through his hard work as senior coach. Yes they have good players but a lot of those players were their before Potter. He has turned players like Allen, Carven, Cattapan and rush into guns of the competition. When previously they were just good players.
No to mention the juniors he has feeded in over the last 2 years.
Berry
Williamson
Fry
Stone
medland
Dench just to name a few.

Thoughts...

I think Maddern will give it a good go this year. A very good communicator, players like him, good at strategy. Give him another five years experience and he will be one of the best to come up from junior footy through to seniors.

I think Maddern will give it a good go this year. A very good communicator, players like him, good at strategy. Give him another five years experience and he will be one of the best to come up from junior footy through to seniors.

Another 5 years? That will make him 78 years old. Did Julian and Geoff have a tiff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange decision, thought he would want to really test himself given his performances this season and TAC Cup. Chasing money??

Not sure the money's that great in the country for youngsters. I know people who copped a bagging for heading out of the EDFL only to be proven completely wrong on everything they said about it. Having said that, it's a great league to test yourself in and I think he's one player who has plenty of time to do that.

Not sure the money's that great in the country for youngsters. I know people who copped a bagging for heading out of the EDFL only to be proven completely wrong on everything they said about it. Having said that, it's a great league to test yourself in and I think he's one player who has plenty of time to do that.

I agree it’s a great move by Bernacki as his above div3 EDFL footy.. If ES would have won and gone up he probably stays I guess. Doesn’t help when opposition players (with lesser skills and intelligence) are trying to whack him off the ball. Could have been a reason he left our comp..The league needs to take stronger action to prevent this and encourage younger types to play in these lower grades without having to wear cheap shots.

I agree he has lots of time to develop even further. I am just surprised of his move

I agree it’s a great move by Bernacki as his above div3 EDFL footy.. If ES would have won and gone up he probably stays I guess. Doesn’t help when opposition players (with lesser skills and intelligence) are trying to whack him off the ball. Could have been a reason he left our comp..The league needs to take stronger action to prevent this and encourage younger types to play in these lower grades without having to wear cheap shots.
I don't mind that he is moving, i think he is too good a talent to be playing anything other than Premier Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back