Women's Flyweight Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jessica Eye
Middleweight Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou
Lightweight Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Light Heavyweight Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakić
Bantamweight Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez
Welterweight Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima
Lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira vs. Jesse Ronson

Anyone else pumped for this? Iv been wanting to see Holloway vs Ortaga for so long.

Holloway is hopefully over his issues unless his weight cut goes wrong again. My money is on Ortega with his jiu jitsu and stand up he is the complete package. Either way this fight should be epic.

I'm on the fence about the other fights but being a numbered event it should be a lot more entertaining than last weekend.

Main and co main are huge. Main for obvious reasons, really intrigued to see how Joanna goes without the stress of a straweight weight cut. Can't wait.

Rest of the card is ok without being spectacular.

Hyped for the main event

Whoever wins is probably going to call out Khabib
if Ortega wins he should try defending the belt before he looks at moving up divisions

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Part of me hopes Max gets stopped from competing if he’s sounding like this. He slurs his words but that’s next level, borderline early onset CTE imo.
That is really bad. He seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

He is still so young there is no way he is fighting to late 30s. UFC should do something to protect him and the sport.

That is really bad. He seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

He is still so young there is no way he is fighting to late 30s. UFC should do something to protect him and the sport.
I had Ortega winning this anyway, but the way it’s looking with photos being posted of him this week, Ortega is just going to crush the shadow of him. Medical professionals better keep a close eye on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be wrong, but the only reasoning for betting on Ortega and having him favourite is if Max isnt healthy.

Max has the highest takedown defence in the division and Ortega has the worst takedown completion rate - 14%.

Standing, it is a night and day difference between the two, with Max far better.

Ortega has basically lost the vast majority of the rounds he has fought in the Octagon, picking up late stoppages after getting tagged and losing the most of the exchanges.

He is good, very good! His last three victories show that.. But Max is just way more complete and i struggle to see ortega taking over late in the fight, like he usually does, against a guy who never slows down.

Last edited:
I might be wrong, but the only reasoning for betting on Ortega and having him favourite is if Max isnti healthy.

Max has the highest takedown defence in the division and Ortega has the worst.

Standing, it is a night and day difference between the two, with Max far better.

Ortega has basically lost the vast majority of the rounds he has fought in the Octagon, picking up late stoppages after getting tagged and needing a stoppage.

He is good, very good! His last three victories show that.. But Max is just way more complete and i struggle to see ortega taking over late in the fight, like he usually does, against a guy who never slows down.
I would have it at $1.80-$2 in Holloways favour. But your right, with the question marks on his health it becomes a true 50/50 fight.

Ortega has only ever had one successful taken attempt which is suprising with his high level jj.

His stats are never that great in fights but he knows how to win. Add in the fact he has never lost and just koed Edgar when no one ever else could and he looks dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m struggling to go past Ortega, the guy finds a way to win every time.
Especially after he has taken a fair few shots with his poor striking defence.

I will not be surprised to see him get landed on for two rounds and then snatch Max's neck through the smallest window... it is literally what he does!

its certainly an intriguing fight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back