Tom Mitchell or Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

images

What a cheeky bump!

O'Meara, without even really thinking too hard. Matchwinner versus the ultimate accumulator. I know who I'd take pretty much every time.
Mitchell has been the matchwinner plenty more times than O'Meara has been. To date it's not even close between those two

If Mitchell keeps playing at his current level he'll be one of the most decorated players in AFL history. O'Meara really needs to step up his game to catch up
O'Meara has plenty of time, and is capable of the impossible.

Anyway, it isn't decorations that make the player, though they help to quantify their achievements. There are plenty of the greatest who never won a brownlow, or didn't get a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great players. But more suited behind a Martin or Dangerfield if you're trying to build an elite team.

1. AFL Champion
2. Mitchell
3. Omeara

Would be just as elite as any midfield in AFL history.

Just because Mitchell doesn't have the X-factor of a Martin or Danger doesn't mean he isn't a champion like those guys. I'd have Mitchell in the champion category. I don't get why people need to be flashy or have some X-Factor to be an AFL champion. If Ben Cunnington didn't look like the average 40 year old dad and instead had an odd haircut and tattoos like dusty, we'd all rate him. Martin and Danger are no better than Cripps, Mitchell etc. They have exciting traits like explosiveness, Fend-offs etc that make the media jizz. Just because Mitchells best trait is finding the footy which isnt that exciting, he gets lowered by the public. Both Mitchell and Danger hack the ball forward except when Danger does it, he explodes out of the centre like a bull. When Mitchell does it, he gets the hard ball and hacks it and it doesnt look as exciting. Same impact, similar stat numbers but one looks more exciting doing what he does so he gets rated higher.

Just because Mitchell doesn't have the X-factor of a Martin or Danger doesn't mean he isn't a champion like those guys. I'd have Mitchell in the champion category. I don't get why people need to be flashy or have some X-Factor to be an AFL champion. If Ben Cunnington didn't look like the average 40 year old dad and instead had an odd haircut and tattoos like dusty, we'd all rate him. Martin and Danger are no better than Cripps, Mitchell etc. They have exciting traits like explosiveness, Fend-offs etc that make the media jizz. Just because Mitchells best trait is finding the footy which isnt that exciting, he gets lowered by the public. Both Mitchell and Danger hack the ball forward except when Danger does it, he explodes out of the centre like a bull. When Mitchell does it, he gets the hard ball and hacks it and it doesnt look as exciting. Same impact, similar stat numbers but one looks more exciting doing what he does so he gets rated higher.
What you call flashy most people call effective. Dusty & Danger aren't more flashy with their disposals, they're more effective

Both

Mitchell has really stepped up and accomplished as much as you can individually and just lacks finals success

Omeara while hugely promising has only started playing consistent football and has just started showing this year his talent pre injuries

Mitchell. By far. Untill Omeara wins an AA jumper you cant compare either for the posters posting today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back