News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
These pricks deserve s ripe old beating. At the very least, if they’re club or MCC members, they should have their memberships torn up and be given life bans. The justice system will inevitably disappoint.
Pretty sure the MCC confirmed they have suspended their memberships pending the court case outcome.
Will be interesting to see what they do once they are convicted.

Dusty Sheds

Have you ever seen anything like it?
Feb 15, 2018
To the left
AFL Club
Richmond
If its true that they are closer to 30 than 20 than what is the relevance of the high school they went to. I mean its not like they are 22 and younger where I can see it perhaps being more relevant. Why have they made a big deal over the fact that they went to Xavier?

Xavier is on the nose and the media is all over it. You only have to spend half an hour on the 109 tram to Box Hill from 3.30pm (as I unfortunately have to do from time to time) to see where it comes from. There are kids with all colour of school tie on that tram but it's the black and red that stands out for pure oafishness. 15 year olds dropping the f-bomb seemingly oblivious to anyone around them is typical.

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
New charges of conduct endangering life.

Looks like the stakes have been raised since the initial charges.

Can any legal types out there give a run down of penalties for these charges. ( assuming they are found guilty).
The judge will throw the book at them, could cop community service!

I’m glad the age is in no way suggesting walkers father had anything to do with the court changes

I also am definitely not suggesting that walkers father had anything to do with it
33877922-02FD-4730-9819-F44CD2F07343.png

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Xavier College would be loving this publicity

That was the school where year 12 students were taunting other students from lower socioeconomic schools on a VCE Facebook page designed to help with exams, yeah?

Something about 'povvo schools' and 'being your boss one day'

That was the school where year 12 students were taunting other students from lower socioeconomic schools on a VCE Facebook page designed to help with exams, yeah?

No idea - I’m in WA
But I would imagine it’s not that far off the truth. It always seems like the toff schools that capture the news leads during leavers for their antics

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast

Unsurprisingly they have a reasonable history of being pretty s**t, generally speaking.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If you can use the defence that someone over served you so you viciously bashed some old blokes then you can go out and rape women in the same scenario.

Two guys wanting to punch on outside a pub is one thing but once the blokes on the deck you * off. Blokes used to pull their mates off at that point. Now looks like they just jump in.

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you can use the defence that someone over served you so you viciously bashed some old blokes then you can go out and rape women in the same scenario.

Two guys wanting to punch on outside a pub is one thing but once the blokes on the deck you **** off. Blokes used to pull their mates off at that point. Now looks like they just jump in.
Exactly.
If being drunk is used as an excuse, what happens when one is charged with drink driving?

“Any excuse for driving drunk sir?”

“Yes your worship, I was drunk”

It’s like how being on drugs is used as an excuse to reduce a sentence.....it’s
A) no excuse
B) should, if anything, simply add to the charges as you’ve admitted to using illegal drugs!

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Unsurprisingly they have a reasonable history of being pretty s**t, generally speaking.

Which is pretty funny, considering academically Xavier is pretty s**t in terms of high school VCE rankings for it's repuatation.

One of the poorer ATAR/$ schools in the top 200.

Last edited:
Which is pretty funny, considering academically Xavier is pretty s**t in terms of high school VCE rankings.

One of the poorer ATAR/$ schools in the top 200.
Are there any good atar/$ private schools?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Are there any good atar/$ private schools?

There isn't a single true public school in the top 30 VCE perfomers from 2018. The 28/30 were private, including #1.

The 2 "public schools" are MacRobertsons Girls and Melbourne High which are both selective and ranked at #2 & #5.

My point is, Xavier ranked at #73 in 2018, below quite a few public schools. St Kevins as a direct rival, ranks a shitload better academically.

#1 had an average ATAR above 94 and a 100% pass rate, so I imagine if you asked their parents, they'd probably say it's worth it.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
There isn't a single true public school in the top 30 VCE perfomers from 2018. The 28/30 were private, including #1.

The 2 "public schools" are MacRobertsons Girls and Melbourne High which are both selective and ranked at #2 & #5.

My point is, Xavier ranked at #73 in 2018, below quite a few public schools. St Kevins as a direct rival, ranks a shitload better academically.

#1 had an average ATAR above 94 and a 100% pass rate, so I imagine if you asked their parents, they'd probably say it's worth it.

Not hard to achieve when you boot any student without a brain out in year 10, and “manage” the rest through their exams with every bit of help in the world.

I don’t know why they’re copping it. They’re grown men, it doesn’t matter which school they went to when they were kids.

I did think the same thing tbh - maybe it’s just a filler which would be terrible and I didn’t look at the author of the story - maybe a rival school.

There would be no doubting that Xavier lawyers would have been in contact telling them to stop

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I did think the same thing tbh - maybe it’s just a filler which would be terrible and I didn’t look at the author of the story - maybe a rival school.

There would be no doubting that Xavier lawyers would have been in contact telling them to stop

I dunno, maybe it’s the whole private school culture, which doesn’t make sense to me. These people seem to drag their school identity around for life.

I mean, they still play school footy in their 20s and 30s... get over it lads.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Not hard to achieve when you boot any student without a brain out in year 10, and “manage” the rest through their exams with every bit of help in the world.

The high end public schools also use the trick of “moving on” the lumps at the end of year 10, though I’m sure the tactics are a lot more prevalent in the elite private schools.

In saying that, if your kid is academically inept, there’s more incentive to move them out of those schools before year 12 if they have no aspirations or need to get a decent ATAR, so the parents can save on forking out the massive $$$ in fees.

Back