Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He'll never be in any leadership role at the rate he's going.

Theres a group of players I'd put way before him as potential leaders.
I agree. Used to look like a future captain. Now looks like the bloke you cast aside to spur the rest of the team to reach their professional height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still genuinely shocked he got a 3 year extension after the year he had.

The cynic in me says from a list management point of view we did this to extend the end of this contract into RFA eligibility.

A 2 year deal would of been short of his eligibility, where as a 3 year deal means he's a RFA in 2021, if he's still not working out he can leave for a decent FA compo return.

He's about to hit the 100 games mark, players usually reveal themselves around this point, some make a big leap forward at around 100 games.

I think if he's still that 17-20 possession type after 120 games at the end of the season, it's probably the extent of the player he will be.

I'm still genuinely shocked he got a 3 year extension after the year he had.

The cynic in me says from a list management point of view we did this to extend the end of this contract into RFA eligibility.

A 2 year deal would of been short of his eligibility, where as a 3 year deal means he's a RFA in 2021, if he's still not working out he can leave for a decent FA compo return.

He's about to hit the 100 games mark, players usually reveal themselves around this point, some make a big leap forward at around 100 games.

I think if he's still that 17-20 possession type after 120 games at the end of the season, it's probably the extent of the player he will be.
The optimist in me see's the game he played against Adelaide in 2017 and thinks he'll perform that way consistently. A few times he stood up in tackles through traffic (showing how strong his core is) and split the game open. It's there and I hope he kicks on in 2019. What a disappoint it'll be if he's a squad player and not one of the leaders and first names picked every week.

im not sure how he became so hated on here. it is definitely not all football related. there is some interesting psychological stuff going on with his haters and his extrovert personality i would guess. the criticism toward him has a distinctly different flavor to the other criticism of other whipping boys. he is easily the most hated player on this board.

people act like hes played a couple of good games here and there in his career. he was top 5 in the syd and averaged 21 disposals last season. before that he finished high in the rising star award. this season he was well down while playing injured all year and struggling with new roles. appears to be having a great preseason now, ready to bounce back hopefully. a lot of talk about playing for his career etc. im not sure the situation is that dire.

if he gets completely fit and more settled into a specific role, he will be a 5-10 ranked player on the list again easily. i think he can be even more than that actually.

Was that meant to read bloke or blouse? Actually works either way. Nice accidental blending of words.
Nice one mate, i think currently blouse works better, but since i have seen some of the girls playing in the AFLW, i think calling him a blouse would be an insult to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back