Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whether he’s offered another contract or not, Jack Watts will retire after 2019.
I'm surprised he didn't call it after the whole text thing. Who can really be arsed listening to that sort of s**t chat from heroes every single weekend?

His biggest issues have always been mental ones – just another big guy who was probably far too nice for his own good who never had to impose himself as a junior, then had no idea how to get physical once he actually had to. One of the big things was his inconsistency and inability to push himself to get the best... he was a good footballer at the rawest, and did well at times, but he just didn't give a s**t.

He was also classic Melbourne FC, as typical as you can get, and you only had to see his instagram message when he left to realise how it'd pan out at Port. The only club he'd ever give half a s**t about traded him as they were about to finally show some knocks and attempts. He should've retired a 150-game, one club player. Ffs Jack Watts at working class, dog eared Port Adelaide... never gonna work.

Jul 10, 2008
Townsville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm surprised he didn't call it after the whole text thing. Who can really be arsed listening to that sort of s**t chat from heroes every single weekend?

His biggest issues have always been mental ones – just another big guy who was probably far too nice for his own good who never had to impose himself as a junior, then had no idea how to get physical once he actually had to. One of the big things was his inconsistency and inability to push himself to get the best... he was a good footballer at the rawest, and did well at times, but he just didn't give a s**t.

He was also classic Melbourne FC, as typical as you can get, and you only had to see his instagram message when he left to realise how it'd pan out at Port. The only club he'd ever give half a s**t about traded him as they were about to finally show some knocks and attempts. He should've retired a 150-game, one club player. Ffs Jack Watts at working class, dog eared Port Adelaide... never gonna work.

You've pretty much nailed it from what I've heard.

Not having a crack at you, but 'mental issues' is used too broadly and implies that he's got actual problems. He's just a young guy who enjoys a good time. Everything I've heard is that he's universally loved as a teammate and is one of the best blokes in footy, but isn't cut out for the lifestyle in 2018 and has made enough money that he doesn't need or want the attention anymore.

And yes, being recruited by arguably the worst run club of the last 25 years didn't help at all.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Surprised a certain triple brownlow medalist hasn't featured in here yet.

Well known cross dresser, was charged by police for exposing himself at a shopping center and was rumored to have dragged a police officer down little Collins st still holding onto his car, after he was pulled over dressed completely in drag in the late 70's.

To top it off, he was a senior coach at the time of all of this.

He made a pass at a certain 70/80's hard man who played under him at the time whilst they were in the showers together, a guy who currently features on AFL 360 from time to time and subsequently got the s**t beaten out of him, poor judgement on his behalf.

Nobu

Senior List
Nov 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grimsby Town
I was told a Collingwood player was rooting his sister and his mother
Suspect it's a just a bit of fiction
I have heard this too. A friend swears by it. Ex Pie player now but was in your 2010 premiership side?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Well known cross dresser, was charged by police for exposing himself at a shopping center and was rumored to have dragged a police officer down little Collins st still holding onto his car, after he was pulled over dressed completely in drag in the late 70's.

He made a pass at a certain 70/80's hard man who played under him at the time whilst they were in the showers together, a guy who currently features on AFL 360 from time to time and subsequently got the s**t beaten out of him, poor judgement on his behalf.
He has been :D :thumbsu:

Crikey. Ian Stewart only lasted 3 games as Carlton coach in 1978
"....I heard that Ian Stewart was sacked for a different reason....."
"The mail I got was that there was an incident in the showers involving "Sellers" McLure. Ian allegedly thought that Sellers batted for the other side and so put the word on him when they happened to be alone together.

Sellers was straight as a die and beat the living s**t out of Stewie and informed all the players and the club hierarchy what had occurred. Ian was pretty badly beaten up so the club went with the story that he had a heart attack so he would not have to face the media in the short term as the injuries inflicted by McClure were very visible.

I cannot remember whether this was before Stewie "dragged" a copper along Little Collins Street hanging on to the door of his Mercedes whilst dressed in drag. That made the press and I reckon charges were laid.
https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/forgotten-footy-folklore/1842/65

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

Ian Stewart whilst frocked up driving through the city with a copper hanging off the car has been posted. Was front page news in its day.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
You've pretty much nailed it from what I've heard.

Not having a crack at you, but 'mental issues' is used too broadly and implies that he's got actual problems. He's just a young guy who enjoys a good time. Everything I've heard is that he's universally loved as a teammate and is one of the best blokes in footy, but isn't cut out for the lifestyle in 2018 and has made enough money that he doesn't need or want the attention anymore.

And yes, being recruited by arguably the worst run club of the last 25 years didn't help at all.
By mental issues, I mean softness. 'Jeez that was a flogging. Ah well. I'll get picked next week. Oi who's gonna come out tonight?' But on the field, more so those wobbles certain blokes have – they can be the best shot in the team but if their three goals down with 10 minutes left after their side's kicked the last ten in a row, then the pressure of the situation wooooonnnnnkkksssssss out o bouuuunnnnnds on the full.

I didn't mean to imply he had bipolar or was seriously depressed. More so that he just didn't have that bastard, angry, '* you, you aren't better than me, I've got you' mentality. As I said, he's probably too nice.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s

That was Ian Cervi.
I've heard all of these before as well.

fanuch

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

I thought it was such common knowledge it wouldn’t need to make it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back