Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Oh ... why? Stress and his age?
"Mr Dawson will not be extradited until tomorrow and instead spend the night at Southport Watchhouse on the Gold Coast after a number of airlines admitted they were reluctant to carry the 70-year-old due to his high profile and the potential of it becoming a security risk."

"Mr Dawson will not be extradited until tomorrow and instead spend the night at Southport Watchhouse on the Gold Coast after a number of airlines admitted they were reluctant to carry the 70-year-old due to his high profile and the potential of it becoming a security risk."

I hope nobody tells Chris Dawson that, he's likely to read it as being mobbed by fans.

Probably cost less to put him and his minders in a limousine or a mobile home so they can do a shift sleeping and drive down.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...y/news-story/52b9166fb0b51c577f72b2e21ddc7c98

"We have solved homicide before without identifying the body,” Mr Fuller said. “Ideally in this case we will not give up on trying to identify the whereabouts of Lynette Dawson, but from our perspective, it is not crucial to finalising the matter.

“We haven’t given up hope in terms of finding Lynette Dawson’s body.”

Detective Superintendent Scott Cook told reporters detectives were “confident” about their case against Mr Dawson.

“There are other examples in policing history and history of the courts where people have been convicted of murder without a body,” Mr Cook said. “That may or may not be accepted in this particular case. It is a matter for the court in due course.”

When asked what new evidence had led to the arrest, he said statements from witnesses — as a result of media coverage — had “helped pull pieces of the puzzle together” and led to Mr Dawson’s arrest.

In fact, there have been six cases in Australia’s history where killers and wrongly convicted suspects have been convicted without a body ever being found."

Last edited:

Wheatbelt

Debutant
Mar 2, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
https://www.triplem.com.au/news/syd...-released-a-statement-regarding-todays-arrest

Chris Dawson's family has released a statement following his arrest this morning in relation to the disappearance of his ex-wife Lyn in 1982.

We are disappointed at the decision of the DPP as there is clear and uncontested evidence that Lyn Dawson was alive long after she left Chris and their daughters. We have no doubt whatsoever that Chris will be found not guilty as he is innocent. There will be no further comment. Please respect the privacy of Chris and his family.
- Peter Dawson

To be expected I guess, but incredible nonetheless.

https://www.triplem.com.au/news/syd...-released-a-statement-regarding-todays-arrest

Chris Dawson's family has released a statement following his arrest this morning in relation to the disappearance of his ex-wife Lyn in 1982.

We are disappointed at the decision of the DPP as there is clear and uncontested evidence that Lyn Dawson was alive long after she left Chris and their daughters. We have no doubt whatsoever that Chris will be found not guilty as he is innocent. There will be no further comment. Please respect the privacy of Chris and his family.
- Peter Dawson

To be expected I guess, but incredible nonetheless.
Peter is as delusional as Chris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I have to say court artists tend to lean to the ' gruesome face' of their subjects. Not sure the reason but its blatantly fabricated to make the person look sinister

0Kb7H2-8

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays - Giants - Bite
I don't know much about the legal system, but unless he pleads guilty it will go to a trial by jury? That will be tough to fill a jury with impartial persons?

I don't know much about the legal system, but unless he pleads guilty it will go to a trial by jury? That will be tough to fill a jury with impartial persons?

He can opt for judge only in NSW. And he should given this podcast has had in excess of 27 million downloads.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
I hope nobody tells Chris Dawson that, he's likely to read it as being mobbed by fans.

Probably cost less to put him and his minders in a limousine or a mobile home so they can do a shift sleeping and drive down.
Cost even less to put a bullet in his brain.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Been catching up on a lot of this (podcast and above videos) this week.
I reckon he could have got away with this without as much attention if he didn't make up the silly stories about her being in contact with him shortly after.

The stressful situation itself could have driven her away to suicide somewhere, but his stories put an end to that.

We had a family friend when I was a kid who worked with my Dad, fit good looking PE teacher. Cheated on his wife with another teacher but it is believed did exactly the same thing as Dawson with the students, and while it was frowned upon without the proof it was swept under the rug.

pressurepoint

Senior List
Dec 24, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Up to episode 10

My thoughts so far:

- If you had to put a % on it, yes, there’s a 75% probability he killed her. It’s not 100% and so I worry about a prosecution.

- motive: the only thing that this podcast uncovers. But motive cuts both ways. The marriage troubles is equally a hypothetical motive for a wife to run away from the family home.

- what else does this podcast really uncover about Chris Dawson? That he is of bad character? Yes. But that’s not evidence of murder.

- there’s the inconsistent statements made along the way. Again, that cuts both ways. Dawson’s barrister will say that the omissions/inconsistent statements were part of a desire to keep marriage troubles private.

- why is Hedley Thomas convinced that she’s in the back buried? She could have been dumped in the ocean just as easily

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Up to episode 10

My thoughts so far:

- If you had to put a % on it, yes, there’s a 75% probability he killed her. It’s not 100% and so I worry about a prosecution.

- motive: the only thing that this podcast uncovers. But motive cuts both ways. The marriage troubles is equally a hypothetical motive for a wife to run away from the family home.

- what else does this podcast really uncover about Chris Dawson? That he is of bad character? Yes. But that’s not evidence of murder.

- there’s the inconsistent statements made along the way. Again, that cuts both ways. Dawson’s barrister will say that the omissions/inconsistent statements were part of a desire to keep marriage troubles private.

- why is Hedley Thomas convinced that she’s in the back buried? She could have been dumped in the ocean just as easily
There was a cardigan found in a dig of the property in about 2000. A pink cardigan dating around the time of Lyn's disappearance, had multiple holes in it that could have been stab marks. The dig at the time was limited. If there was a full dig done at the time, the questions wouldn't be raised.

pressurepoint

Senior List
Dec 24, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
There was a cardigan found in a dig of the property in about 2000. A pink cardigan dating around the time of Lyn's disappearance, had multiple holes in it that could have been stab marks. The dig at the time was limited. If there was a full dig done at the time, the questions wouldn't be raised.

Is it forensically established that this cardigan is blood soaked and riddled with knife marks? Or is it a case of a cardigan spending more than a decade disintegrating under ground?

I really hope she’s there. Because if she’s not, and the place is dug, you can imagine what Defence counsel will make of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back