Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Telstra runs the AFL app and has rights to below 7 inch screens, so Kayo won't be involved in that, nor the NRL app.
Kayo Sports is a wholly owned subsidiary of Foxtel, offering everything currently available on Foxtel, seemingly including AFL and NRL on screens below less than 7 inches. So, how is that going to work?

Doesn't the 'tel' in Foxtel refer to Telstra? Or, did they sell their share?

Kayo Sports is a wholly owned subsidiary of Foxtel, offering everything currently available on Foxtel, seemingly including AFL and NRL on screens below less than 7 inches. So, how is that going to work?

Doesn't the 'tel' in Foxtel refer to Telstra? Or, did they sell their share?
Telstra owns 35% at this point because of the Foxtel-Fox Sports merger (News Corp owns the other 65%). Telstra's rights to AFL/NRL aren't exclusive and are a seperate deal to the AFL/NRL deal with Foxtel (I think Foxtel Go when it first launched didn't have Footy on it but they sorted that out). Telstra has no such deal with cricket and doesn't sponsor Cricket Australia at all (directly). There's also talk about Foxtel being IPOed in the near future, so they'd want to keep their products seperate.

With the real cricket about to start this week, you would like to think that Kayo won't keep the public waiting too long with 4K streaming on their Premium subscription.

That said, I don't have a 4k TV or even a Kayo Sports subscription (yet).

Last edited:
With the real cricket about to start this week, you would like to think that Kayo won't keep the public waiting too long with 4K streaming on their Premium subscription.

That said, I don't have a 4k TV or even a Kayo Sports subscription (yet).
I have a 4k tv that I use as my computer monitor. I have doubts that 4k will be introduced any time soon considering the buffering that happens now, whether that's from their end or ours.

just reading up on Foxtel 4K. Not available for Foxtel Now, also not available for Foxtel cable, only for satellite customers!

https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/tv/troubleshooting/4k-compatibility.html
More than likely they will hang onto that for as long as possible and force people into paying a premium for Foxtel satellite if they want 4K sports. Also, the absolute s**t show that is internet speed and cost in this country at the moment will continue to be a hurdle for some people. Kayo is definitely a much needed step in the right direction though.

G'day blokes.

I don't own a TV, but I grabbed a monthly sub (month to month, no contract) to Kayo a few weeks back. Can I just say - do it, if you love sport. Not just footy, but if you like different sports. Been glued over the last week to an ESPN series about various (American) sports personalities and history - loving it. Watching a documentary atm on Wayne Gretzky, and just really getting into it.

If sports aren't your thing, then probably no need - but if you sit down and watch sport and find enjoyment in it, for $25/month it's a pretty decent investment. No ads too :p

Actually dudes, just on this Gretzky doco - watch it. Top shelf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day blokes.

I don't own a TV, but I grabbed a monthly sub (month to month, no contract) to Kayo a few weeks back. Can I just say - do it, if you love sport. Not just footy, but if you like different sports. Been glued over the last week to an ESPN series about various (American) sports personalities and history - loving it. Watching a documentary atm on Wayne Gretzky, and just really getting into it.

If sports aren't your thing, then probably no need - but if you sit down and watch sport and find enjoyment in it, for $25/month it's a pretty decent investment. No ads too :p
Nah there's ads.

I assume you don’t have tv channels like you would on Foxtel? That’s there no Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2?

Is there a TV guide?

Are these shows on Kayo Sports: The Back Page, Cricket 360, UFC Fight Week?

G'day blokes.

The Kretzky one was awesome
You should watch the 'once brothers' episode about Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac

Slightly off topic but on Fox Cricket

Test cricket without a Coles or CommBank song every 30 seconds

It’s the greatest thing to ever happen to cricket

**** off FTA... never ever want to watch it again
It won't stay like that. Remember that Foxtel (parent company) was also supposed to be ad free and depending on what programs you watch on Kayo there are ads.

Last I heard anything over & including 4k is a wank, our eyes can't tell the difference
You can certainly tell the difference. Its quite a large difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back