Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls

No idea where he was on the field, joined the illustrious club of players with a negative supercoach score (-3). Had injuries to mitigate somewhat but I just recall having NFI what he was doing on the field when i watched him. Has soured hyphenated surnames for me, concerning considering we picked up one with out first pick this year.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
In terms of current players that could be replaced by a local footballer given access to AFL-level training and coaching and you wouldn't know the difference, it has to be Jason Cantstandya.

Consolaçao

All Australian
May 22, 2007
Melbourne Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Phnom Penh Utd (curling)
Some people here struggling to get the difference between ‘worst’ and ‘most overrated’.

From an Adelaide perspective, two whose existence on an AFL list have perplexed me in my lifetime are:
David Gallagher
Ian Perrie

Gallagher was like a smaller, less effective version of David Mackay. Perrie was maybe not the worst overall, but his bad was very, very bad.

Also, that Richmond premiership player Jason Cucina deserves an honorable mention.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Live, it's Lewis Roberts-Thompson.
Hawthorn vs Sydney 2008 at the MCG. Only player in the warm up to not hit a target, then Buddy kicks 3.7 on him. If only big Bud had kicked straight that day it would have looked even worse.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Worst call ever. Only watch him in grand final did ya?

Is only young, but goodness he would've been relieved the Eagles won or he'd have gone into infamy. Been plenty of anonymous grand final efforts, but haven't seen many like that where literally everything he did or went near turned to s**t.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
I hate every single one of them born after 1993. They have crashed the quality of the game into a netball competition

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Is only young, but goodness he would've been relieved the Eagles won or he'd have gone into infamy. Been plenty of anonymous grand final efforts, but haven't seen many like that where literally everything he did or went near turned to s**t.
Odd call, he didn't do much but he didn't have the anti Midas touch by any means.

Back