Adelaide Crows Considering New Home Base

Remove this Banner Ad

They certainly used a weird photo for the article:

cb96ce98ca9865c2ad66ede6c7d20d5e

Thanks that would be sensational. Finally club rooms and how easy would it be if you’re cruising through town to watch the boys train now and then?

Would be a fantastic move but until a club based submission is processed with the ACC, I’ not getting excited.

Same old storyline by the AFC.

The Adelaide Crows are considering shifting from their long-term West Lakes home and building a new headquarters in the North Adelaide parklands, on the opposite side of the River Torrens to the Adelaide Zoo.
Uni loop new crows home.PNG
clip_image002.jpg

Crows are considering a new multistorey headquarters, with associated offices, gym, indoor training facilities and clubrooms.
If the nursery site went ahead, training sessions would be conducted on ovals, now leased by Adelaide University, to the north — part of Park 10, Warnpangga, south of Bundeys Rd and MacKinnon Parade. These grounds have been used by both Adelaide AFL clubs for training, including at the 2.2km Uni Loop running track.

Last edited:
Can’t they just put a HQ where the horses are south of robe tce (park 6). Why the F there are agistment facillities in the parklands, for presumably a few entitled elites, is beyond me. I thought the parklands were meant to be owned by all south Australians (or some BS like that).
Great idea

Biggest waste of space in Adelaide outside of the Le Cornus site

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-12-05/club-statement-training-facility

The Adelaide Football Club would like to make the following statement in the wake of public speculation about the Club's training base.

"Our Club has a long-term lease and a world-class training facility at West Lakes, including a playing surface maintained to an elite standard.

"However, as we have stated many times in recent years, we consider it good and standard business practice to keep an eye on the future and gather information accordingly.

"To suggest there has been a formal application or approach is incorrect."

I like it, I know the facilities are great at West Lakes but I feel the club needs a fresh start. All be it an expensive one.

Uni Oval number 1 would be even better but that is not going to happen. Park 10 has a bit more space.

Please don't post full articles 1990crow

A link and a few key paragraphs to give people the gist is all we're allowed
I think they were more about the petty insults than the actual article.

given the actual article pretty much points out it is a long term strategy and we are not going anywhere for a while yet.

I like it, I know the facilities are great at West Lakes but I feel the club needs a fresh start. All be it an expensive one.

Uni Oval number 1 would be even better but that is not going to happen. Park 10 has a bit more space.

Are they still great?

12 years old in terms of technology and health and development is pretty archaic?

Would the facilities still be state of the art and allow for best practice rehabilitation to take place?

I would think we are 6 to 8 years away from moving into any city base would give the West Lakes base a 20 year lifespan. We really should be looking at a new venue now or we will be left behind.

I think we'll eventually move and probably want to, I also think we'll keep strongly denying it right up until the developers pay us to leave West Lakes.

I suppose in the city would be good, but I don't see any supporter facility being a huge success. My thoughts are it either has to be right on the doorstep of Adelaide Oval or public transport, or a busy road and therefore probably so small that it wont really serve the members on game day (think Gold Members only in the new shed) and that we'll be locked out of further expansion.

Or we'll find the space for an appropriately sized facility but it will be out of the way and out of mind for most people and won't make the money needed.

I also wonder how much training space we'll need in 10-20 years time, will the best clubs have an Essendon sized complex and in that case will a building approved for the parklands be enough in the future? Are Hawthorn still planning on moving to their $50 million+, 28-hectare training site in the suburbs in the next few years?

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great to have somewhere supporters can go and watch training and do whatever else, I just don't know that I'd make that the reason to move, I'd want to see some big improvements on what we've got now and see a way for that to grow over the next couple of decades.

There is obviously plenty of space in the city, but how much can we use, and who will we partner up with to pay for it all will be interesting.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back