Other Ways To Watch AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been using the trial at the moment and it's pretty good but they will need to have it down pat by time AFL season comes around! Few things they need to fix but the cost and value is awesome.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't still in Beta?

So if you have a tv with the Kayo app dowloaded then you should be able to watch this no problem on the tv screen

Long as it can connect to the Internet you should be.

Works Overseas?

Okay. I not going oversea's but I think it Sucks that you can't watch the Channels Overseas thru Streaming

Thanks for Link bowla81

Yeah it sucks you can't watch without a VPN, but it's still too expensive for me. I buy the International membership with a watchafl account as I only watch footy.

Yeah it sucks you can't watch without a VPN, but it's still too expensive for me. I buy the International membership with a watchafl account as I only watch footy.

How much does that Cost Mate?

$155

A watchafl account costs $189, so it's cheaper and I can support the club.

That is Expensive just for Streaming Overseas. You going to try Kayo with a VPN then?

Kayo would be $300 yearly + VPN account, and I only watch footy so that's too expensive for me. I hate watching footy on illegal stream sites, so it's the only way.

Kind of Sucks they have a Monopoly on this so they can charge what they want:(

Isn't still in Beta?
betamax_tape.jpg

You can't beat any match which features Drew Morphett AND Lou Richards....
Shame about the result...but probably the last game copied to Beta and the last time Carton had any success...

Who needs FOXTEL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if this has already been said... but wouldn’t an iPad with a Telstra SIM card do the trick?
Small screen I know, but all data is free isn’t it and you have immediate live access?

Edit: Looks like this will cost $30 a month as you need to keep recharging your balance? Still $30x6=$180 plus including some text and phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been said... but wouldn’t an iPad with a Telstra SIM card do the trick?
Small screen I know, but all data is free isn’t it and you have immediate live access?

Edit: Looks like this will cost $30 a month as you need to keep recharging your balance? Still $30x6=$180 plus including some text and phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will only display the same size as a phone. That's the limitation for Telstra.

Kind of Sucks they have a Monopoly on this so they can charge what they want:(

Jokes?
We finally have a subscription based service that isnt too expensive and people still complain.

You also forget you can split the cost with a friend and make it $12.5 a month. That's $3 a week. Less than a coffee.

Ahhhh.......this thread sucks.......
Pay the fee.
Currently, no set up fee. IQ4, which is a pretty good machine, $68 per month in HD.
Gives you FF, cricket, F1.
All NO ADS during play/race.
Plus if you have a 4K TV, broadcast of cricket in that resolution.
If you multiply the monthly fee by 12, divide it by 52, it’s $15.70 a week.
About what, 3 coffees?. Or a half a pack of cigarettes. Or a half a bottle of johnnie walker.
But wait, can’t go without those “luxuries” can we?
All this for a simple box that records first run shows, records that second AFL game that clashes with the game you are watching, gives you lots and lots of extra AFL programming.
As well as pre race F1, post race F1. Even a dedicated F1 show.
Plus dedicated soccer channels.
Plus enough new drama/documentary/lifestyle programming.
First world problem.
Enjoy your phone resolution AFL.
Ughh.

Pay the fee.
Currently, no set up fee. IQ4, which is a pretty good machine, $68 per month in HD.
About what, 3 coffees?. Or a half a pack of cigarettes. Or a half a bottle of johnnie walker.
All this for a simple box that records first run shows, records that second AFL game that clashes with the game you are watching, gives you lots and lots of extra AFL programming.
First world problem.
Ughh.

Well you still have to have Basic Foxtel with a Box buy with Kayo you don't have to do it and does come more Affordable

Pay the fee.
First world problem.
Ughh.

Why would you do that when you can pay $12.5 a month (if you split with a friend) and get the ability to watch 4 sport events in split screen at once in HD/4K?

App is excellent and supports chromecast so you can watch on your TV.

“Only watch footy”?
I’m betting you might find more to watch if you subscribed to Foxtel.

I've had foxtel for years now and I'm betting you won't. Anything decent is already on Netflix or soon will be. The only other decent channel is the history channel and thats at additional cost.

Give credit to Foxtel where it's due. They have hit it out of the park with Kayo. Their existing Foxtel service is disgusting though.

Why would you do that when you can pay $12.5 a month (if you split with a friend) and get the ability to watch 4 sport events in split screen at once in HD/4K?

App is excellent and supports chromecast so you can watch on your TV.
Hmm....
I’m not sure your pricing policy stacks up.
“With a friend”.
Yep..... enjoy getting the dollars out of your friend. This is how friendships are destroyed.
I’m yet to see a positive review of this new Foxtel, and yes your dollars still go to Murdoch.
I’ve just signed up my parents to Foxtel, install is happening tomorrow. The service will be excellent for them. No third party chrome cast device to confuse them.
And many, many more options to view than sport.
Plus 4K if I buy them the TV
.Which I’ll more than likely do.
I need to ask the question for those who have signed up to Kayo.
Is it ad free during play?
Or is it like Foxtel Go?
Ads after every goal/over?
Interested in the response.

Hmm....
I’m not sure your pricing policy stacks up.
“With a friend”.
Yep..... enjoy getting the dollars out of your friend. This is how friendships are destroyed.
I’m yet to see a positive review of this new Foxtel, and yes your dollars still go to Murdoch.
I’ve just signed up my parents to Foxtel, install is happening tomorrow. The service will be excellent for them. No third party chrome cast device to confuse them.
And many, many more options to view than sport.
Plus 4K if I buy them the TV
.Which I’ll more than likely do.
I need to ask the question for those who have signed up to Kayo.
Is it ad free during play?
Or is it like Foxtel Go?
Ads after every goal/over?
Interested in the response.

Lol you must have s**t friends. Direct debits are pretty easy these day. Even if you dont share....its almost 3 times cheaper than your option.

Kayo is ad free, streams via chromecast or web browser on any size screen, available in whatever resolution the event is distributed in and can be used on multiple screens at once (each of those screens with the ability to split into 4). Foxtel for sport is dead sir. Gone the way of the Dodo.

I've had foxtel for years now and I'm betting you won't. Anything decent is already on Netflix or soon will be. The only other decent channel is the history channel and thats at additional cost.

Give credit to Foxtel where it's due. They have hit it out of the park with Kayo. Their existing Foxtel service is disgusting though.
Had foxy for years.
And now signing up my parents.
Looking at signing up my MIL, but only four Italian channels.
There is a streaming service that offers 55 Italian channels. Hard to go past that.
Still don’t understand the Foxtel hate.
An Australian company, employing Australian talent, vs streaming services employing foreign people. Not even on air talent, just backroom slobs.
Streaming services v talking heads, who commentate, analysis the contest and ad to the overall enjoyment of the telecast.
There is no comparison if you enjoy your sport.
But, hey, the hate blinds all.

Had foxy for years.
And now signing up my parents.
Looking at signing up my MIL, but only four Italian channels.
There is a streaming service that offers 55 Italian channels. Hard to go past that.
Still don’t understand the Foxtel hate.
An Australian company, employing Australian talent, vs streaming services employing foreign people. Not even on air talent, just backroom slobs.
Streaming services v talking heads, who commentate, analysis the contest and ad to the overall enjoyment of the telecast.
There is no comparison if you enjoy your sport.
But, hey, the hate blinds all.

Big Reason for me Rupert Murdoch used it as a Reason why Aussies don't want fast internet because they already have Foxtel plus no Competition for Paid TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back