Multiplat Far Cry 5

Remove this Banner Ad

bump - finished the game. Got to say, as much as I liked playing the game when the story is live, there is little replay ability or desire to touch arcade.

You gonna have a crack at the DLC? I burnt out on FC5, but had gold edition and said once they're all out i'd download and play. Currently running through Vietnam at the moment and rather enjoying it. The lack of vehicles makes it a bit more exciting because you have to walk around everywhere, and avoid danger/detection

Loved FC3 and FC4, didn't care much for Primal (probably because Horizon ZD was similar but 100x better, I'll force myself to finish it one day), this worth getting? Will play DQ after I finish Spiderman then maybe FC5 before RDR2.

IMO a must play.

I loved it and am still playing it while waiting to defeat the last Boss and clear his region as i am having to much fun exploring the open world in the other 2 regions that i already liberated!

FC5 is a 10/10 for me but everyone is different i suppose and some don't like it as much for whatever reasons.

I wouldn't call it a 'must play', its an alright game which IMO gets kinda boring and becomes a chore to finish.

As i said we are all different regarding opinions on it.

New game on it's way, and it's definitely a sequel to 5!

Surely means it will just be a Primal type release, a spin off/sequel but not a major entry in the Far Cry series. Have always wondered how Far Cry would be post apocolyptic, so here's our chance. Calling a March/April release date

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 got so damn boring but grinded through, the hope that they would deliver a direct sequel and have it post apocalyptic is what kept me interested.

Very keen to see how they do this.

I felt like Far Cry 5 was somehow less than the sum of it's parts. Great gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, a fun setting, an interesting story dynamic...but overall just a good game, instead of great.

Apocalyptic Far Cry would be interesting...will it essentially become Fallout lite?

I loved FC5, particularly the setting for it, but it is a game I wouldn’t replay again, there was that ‘grind to finsish’ aspect to it, can see both sides as to why some people really enjoyed it and others who thought it was just boring.

The last few posts are why I think this will be the last Far Cry (as we know it at least) for a while. It can't keep going, even the greediest of publishers would know that. There is only so long it can be milked. The post apocalyptic setting is how they can really shake it up and they can bring the ridiculousness of the spinoffs into a main series game. Everyone is different - I can get into a gameplay loop that is typical of open world games than I can some epic story driven saga which is why I like Far Cry games. They're basically stress free and dumb fun. Definitely a one and done sort of game though.

The last few posts are why I think this will be the last Far Cry (as we know it at least) for a while. It can't keep going, even the greediest of publishers would know that. There is only so long it can be milked. The post apocalyptic setting is how they can really shake it up and they can bring the ridiculousness of the spinoffs into a main series game. Everyone is different - I can get into a gameplay loop that is typical of open world games than I can some epic story driven saga which is why I like Far Cry games. They're basically stress free and dumb fun. Definitely a one and done sort of game though.

Ubi refreshed AC with Origins I feel the same needs to happen with Farcry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back