'2 Nations, 1 Obsession' doco on Australia-India rivalry.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Aussie rules is number one easily,not even worth arguing.

You know there are 12.1 million people in NSW and Queensland who largely don’t give two f***s about it yeah?

Basically 39k people attended each day of the ashes last summer, 27k attended each big bash game - a competition with no history and no tradition whatsoever.

I love afl but regardless of the fact that every man and his dog in the south loves it, you can’t classify something as a national game when half the nation doesn’t care

AFL is number one easily in this country,no contest.

Not getting excited for the test series as it will feel like away games for Australia,we will hear a huge roar when India gets a wicket on our home soil lol.

We aren’t good away......

India should win home.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
AFL is number one easily in this country,no contest.

Not getting excited for the test series as it will feel like away games for Australia,we will hear a huge roar when India gets a wicket on our home soil lol.

We aren’t good away......

India should win home.

Based on what, crowd numbers?

If that’s your argument, you’re pushing s**t up hill.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On a different note, I wonder if the percentage of Australia supporting Indians is comparable to the number of India supporting Australians. If it was the case the Australian teams fanbase in India could be comparable in size to its Australian fanbase. I'm pretty sure Warner would have more Indian fans than Australian ones due to the IPL at this point for sure.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
On a different note, I wonder if the percentage of Australia supporting Indians is comparable to the number of India supporting Australians. If it was the case the Australian teams fanbase in India could be comparable in size to its Australian fanbase. I'm pretty sure Warner would have more Indian fans than Australian ones due to the IPL at this point for sure.

There may be a lot of fans like me who will go for India in this series purely because of the Australian dislike but I’d imagine most of them would, like me, be in the ‘I don’t really like either of them’ camp.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair point

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I don’t hate Indians,they are very nice people.

The Tiger lives in India.

But it feel weird when an Aussie goes out to a huge roar and a sea of blue on Aussie soil.

Will feel like an away tour for the Aussies.

It's not like the indians are buying all the tickets, if it's a choice between an empty seat at a test or an indian fan in that seat i want the indian fan there.

Back