Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec is a good player, but surely Hall and Tyson are piss takes?

I genuinely believe North will get the best out of Hall. And his best is pretty good and just what we need. He was getting tagged in a s**t side as recently as this year whereas at north he will have all eyes on Higgins and Polec, with Cunnington feeding the ball out to him. He adds another dimension to our stoppages.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I genuinely believe North will get the best out of Hall. And his best is pretty good and just what we need. He was getting tagged in a s**t side as recently as this year whereas at north he will have all eyes on Higgins and Polec, with Cunnington feeding the ball out to him. He adds another dimension to our stoppages.
I often think back to how much better we looked with Billy f****ing Hartung in the team. Replace him with Polec and Hall and we look so much better again. Really like how we have specifically addressed our deficiencies in the off-season.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Polec is a good player, but surely Hall and Tyson are piss takes?
Both cost us bugger all; Hall for pick 69 and Tyson for a VFL ruckman who couldn't get a game in a team who did't play finals.
But at their best, both are best 22. Hall in particular has significant upside.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

"All eyes on Polec"

Chortle

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
GWS (talent through the list, some injured players return and they picked up another 4 players inside the Top 25 in a strong 2018 draft)
Collingwood (have belief now, midfield and ruck will win them the games they should - better luck with injuries through h&a season)
Port Adelaide (taking a punt here that its now ...or its never, Ryder freed up, Rozee should have immediate impact)
Melbourne (Hogan a loss, but they got to a prelim without him and should be as consistent as last year)
Richmond (Lynch and Riewoldt will be the best tall forward combination the league has seen for years, but other areas might wane)
Essendon ( Shiel looks ok, but they should have addressed inside mid clearance issue. Someone has to step up there. Will be about the mark if Daniher is back to his best)
Fremantle (don't have the toughest draw to start and 2nd half of the season should see newer recruits click - won't be a threat in finals)
West Coast ( home games the key, might find it hard to drive for back to back and lose interest and also lose too many h&a games to be in contention)

Geelong (home ground advantage always puts them in contention but something vulnerable about them even when their midfielders rack up possessions, another year older and not much to add)
Western Bulldogs (rebuild seemed to happen straight after their premiership - what's the plan, Bevo? You've been to the mountain, now its win some/lose some/win some etc )
Hawthorn (its a new generation of leaders at Hawthorn with apparently the same resolve and know-how to keep winning games of football, but lack of top draftees over the decade might eventually toll)
Carlton (list has talent, would even have them higher but unsure if Bolton is the man to coach)
North Melbourne (probably should be in the spot I put Fremantle in - swap if you don't support Fremantle)
Adelaide (Injuries made it hard to judge their 2018 season but i feel once you get to the precipice and you can't take the next step the following year the cohesion of a team starts to crumble - the message from Pyke might be stale. Capable of beating any team at home, but will lose games they are expected to win)
St Kilda (better than last season or much the same as)
Brisbane (4 win season in 2018 and everyone says they're going in the right direction. OK 8 win season in 2019)
Sydney (Surely somewhere along the line this team has to have a shocking season and plummet. Think of Pick 2 in 2019 Sydney fans and look to 2020)
Gold Coast (its 2010 again)

Last edited:
Essendon will be the umpire’s pets next year,Collingwood will still be up there and Richmond down the bottom as per usual,I wonder what new rule they will use against the Tigers r1 this time?

I still think it will be a Richmond Collingwood grand final.

Brave Pies versus those evil Tiges.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Essendon will be the umpire’s pets next year,Collingwood will still be up there and Richmond down the bottom as per usual,I wonder what new rule they will use against the Tigers r1 this time?

I still think it will be a Richmond Collingwood grand final.

Brave Pies versus those evil Tiges.

Already with the excuses, typical smasha.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Already with the excuses, typical smasha.
Complaining about biased umpiring for a season not even played yet.

With that much oomph behind it, confirmation bias becomes a powerful thing. He will get to the end of 2019 convinced events have proved him right, regardless of what the umps actually do.

Umpires should really be paid more.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Complaining about biased umpiring for a season not even played yet.

With that much oomph behind it, confirmation bias becomes a powerful thing. He will get to the end of 2019 convinced events have proved him right, regardless of what the umps actually do.

Umpires should really be paid more.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
:por Smasha should be paid less.

roosmad

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2007
Phoenix
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
millwall fc
Here goes...my first ever ladder prediction

1: Richmond
2: Adelaide
3: GWS
4: Melbourne
5: West Coast
6: Essendon
7: Collingwood
8: Port
9: Sydney
10: Hawthorn
11: Freo
12: Geelong
13: Bulldogs
14: North
15: Brisbane
16: Carlton
17: Saints
18: Gold Coast

I think the top 6 are clear of the rest in terms of potential (barring injuries) and the bottom 3 are IMO miles off the pack.

I think there's a chance the Swans, Hawks and Cats all finish out of the eight, but this will be as far as they drop before building back into the eight - I just don't see them as ever really being bottom 6 material in the near future (success breeds success in modern sport - even in an equalised environment).

I can see Freo finishing 9-11 wins. We've got our easiest draw in years and should reasonably expect to be 3-0 (North home, Suns away, Saints home) - and a good start can go a long way to a decent season - even if we drop off the pace after the bye like the last two seasons.

Awesome off season laughs......seriously

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
GWS (talent through the list, some injured players return and they picked up another 4 players inside the Top 25 in a strong 2018 draft)
Collingwood (have belief now, midfield and ruck will win them the games they should - better luck with injuries through h&a season)
Port Adelaide (taking a punt here that its now ...or its never, Ryder freed up, Rozee should have immediate impact)
Melbourne (Hogan a loss, but they got to a prelim without him and should be as consistent as last year)
Richmond (Lynch and Riewoldt will be the best tall forward combination the league has seen for years, but other areas might wane)
Essendon ( Shiel looks ok, but they should have addressed inside mid clearance issue. Someone has to step up there. Will be about the mark if Daniher is back to his best)
Fremantle (don't have the toughest draw to start and 2nd half of the season should see newer recruits click - won't be a threat in finals)
West Coast ( home games the key, might find it hard to drive for back to back and lose interest and also lose too many h&a games to be in contention)

Geelong (home ground advantage always puts them in contention but something vulnerable about them even when their midfielders rack up possessions, another year older and not much to add)
Western Bulldogs (rebuild seemed to happen straight after their premiership - what's the plan, Bevo? You've been to the mountain, now its win some/lose some/win some etc )
Hawthorn (its a new generation of leaders at Hawthorn with apparently the same resolve and know-how to keep winning games of football, but lack of top draftees over the decade might eventually toll)
Carlton (list has talent, would even have them higher but unsure if Bolton is the man to coach)
North Melbourne (probably should be in the spot I put Fremantle in - swap if you don't support Fremantle)
Adelaide (Injuries made it hard to judge their 2018 season but i feel once you get to the precipice and you can't take the next step the following year the cohesion of a team starts to crumble - the message from Pyke might be stale. Capable of beating any team at home, but will lose games they are expected to win)
St Kilda (better than last season or much the same as)
Brisbane (4 win season in 2018 and everyone says they're going in the right direction. OK 8 win season in 2019)
Sydney (Surely somewhere along the line this team has to have a shocking season and plummet. Think of Pick 2 in 2019 Sydney fans and look to 2020)
Gold Coast (its 2010 again)

Only a Freo fan would have Freo leap frogging the premiers.

Everything going well 8th....possibly 7th...
So you're outraged because Bigfooty has the Roos best finish roughly 2 spots below where you think they might finish?

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A very relevant use of the word. Well played.

Great to see the confidence coming back into Melbourne supporters after so many years of... now what was that word again? ... inheritance?...inelegance?...ah that's right... irrelevance

Why is it that every year, North fans are the ones that seem to get upset and cry over peoples predictions?

They're predictions, people think North is going to be s**t in 2019, just like they have been for the last few years. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back