Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

4k or above 4k?

I've got a 4k telle, just no 4k content.
Oh s**t, my mistake. I read it as you cant tell the difference between HD and 4k, not 4k and 8k. I have no experience with 8k so can't comment.

It won't stay like that. Remember that Foxtel (parent company) was also supposed to be ad free and depending on what programs you watch on Kayo there are ads.
Fox footy has no ads siren to siren, I expect Kayo to be the same. Fox advertise their cricket as no ads during play. I see no reason why they wouldn't honor that, as they have with the footy for years.

So far so good in Kayos first big test. No dropouts or extended buffering issues for me today.

Is complete s**t this arvo, constant stuttering both on my pc & android phone while netflix & nfl gamepass are ok so it's not me.

I've got day 2 of the test on for dad using the original Chromecast and it may as well be an illegal stream on a sketchy site. Buffering and blurry. Horrible.

Is complete s**t this arvo, constant stuttering both on my pc & android phone while netflix & nfl gamepass are ok so it's not me.
Absolutely no way is it out of beta. Stream completely stalled and had to be restarted no less than half a dozen times in an hour yesterday on a 100/40 connection

I've got day 2 of the test on for dad using the original Chromecast and it may as well be an illegal stream on a sketchy site. Buffering and blurry. Horrible.

Yep same as what I'm experiencing, contacted support & got usual it's likely your internet connection, except my phone was using mobile data & my PC the NBN, so yeah it's not me.

Yep same as what I'm experiencing, contacted support & got usual it's likely your internet connection, except my phone was using mobile data & my PC the NBN, so yeah it's not me.

You're not wrong. Like you said, my Netflix and NBA league pass is seamless this afternoon but Kayo is struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally it is getting a real test. More people have been made aware of the service in the last few weeks and this first test has probably increased the traffic by a fair margin.
Like anything new there will be plenty of bugs to to sort out. Hopefully by AFL 2019 it is fixed as that will really test it.

If you're getting buffering does it help to pause it for a few minutes and then watch it slightly delayed?

If you're getting buffering does it help to pause it for a few minutes and then watch it slightly delayed?
It looks to me to be a bit like YouTube is now. It buffers just a bit but not all the way like YouTube used to be, in the good old days. In other words, I don't think it makes much difference.

You would think these super high resolutions are only useful for very large screens.
I have a 55” uhd with a good upscaling engine

It does nothing to sd - sd is shiite and should be outlawed

It makes 720 look a little better - similar to watching 1080p on my old 1080p

It makes 1080p look almost as good as 4k

4k is lovely - but with the upscaling 1080p is good enough except when it goes funny sometimes and you get graininess.

Sport is where higher resolutions really hold their own

Possibly. Comes with a remote, has Chromecast built in, runs Android apps I think. It was discounted for Black Friday sales.
It's working really well for me so far. Only downside is that you can't download netflix from it's Playstore and Kayo reckons their app won't be released on it either.

First time I've had issues with it this arvo. A lot of issues.

Yeah heaps of issues yesterday arvo but was ok when I used for an hour in the evening.

We all need to report any issues to their support team, reckon thats the only way this will be operating at an acceptable level come AFL season. Would appear at this stage it's still in beta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back