Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

You did not watch Milera this past year it is very apparent.
What’s apparent is that Adelaide supporters can’t comprehend the point of a discussion!
Let me try and help.
I THINK MILERA IS A VERY VERY GOOD PLAYER AND HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE IN THE GAME,MAYBE EVEN BE AN “A” GRADER ONE DAY.......BUT TO SUGGEST THAT IF RECRUITERS HAD THEIR TIME AGAIN THEY WOULDN’T CHOOSE CHARLIE AHEAD OF HIM IS JUST ARGUING FOR THE POINT OF IT.
Is that clear now?

What’s apparent is that Adelaide supporters can’t comprehend the point of a discussion!
Let me try and help.
I THINK MILERA IS A VERY VERY GOOD PLAYER AND HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE IN THE GAME,MAYBE EVEN BE AN “A” GRADER ONE DAY.......BUT TO SUGGEST THAT IF RECRUITERS HAD THEIR TIME AGAIN THEY WOULDN’T CHOOSE CHARLIE AHEAD OF HIM IS JUST ARGUING FOR THE POINT OF IT.
Is that clear now?
Nice caps.

The issue with curnow pretty sure was character. DUI or something just before draft and a lot of clubs let him slide as a result. Adelaide being one.

Good on Carlton for taking the punt and letting a punk kid grow up into a sensible adult.

We had form ages ago of burning a top 10 pick on an incredibly talented but questionable character in Angwin and we are quite risk averse.

If everything is else was excluded (character, go home risk, team balance etc), then I'd pick curnow every day.

To say though time over the we'd pick curnow isn't true, because we'd likely make the same holistic decision for the same reasons and let him slide again.

Wow. Such arrogance. You'd think their team had just done a Hawthorn style 3peat instead of being the perpetual cellar dwellers that they are.

Arrogance?

The comment had nothing to do with Adelaide or Carlton specifically.

Was merely pointing out you clearly missed the point of that thread if you think the reason Milera hasn't been mentioned but Curnow has, is because Milera is going nowhere.

Let me try and help.
Is that clear now?

Maybe we cannot comprehend, and your so right,
But the fact is, if the Crows had their time again they would still pick Milera, In 2015 they had no need for KPF,
and were after outside speed and spread. with there first, pick.
Maybe if he was around for the second pick where they bid on Himmelberg and eventually selected Doedee.
Even if they had selected him I doubt he would have played regular football for the Crows until this year.
Note that in 2016 and 2017 the Crows had the best scoring forward line in the competition. Who out of JJ (back up Ruck) and Walker (Capt) would he replace and I doubt he would have had the run to replace Lynch.

By the way, reading back you guys are jumping at shadows, the initial comment that started all this crap. was Hamish Olivie has not missed a 1st round pick and he has not. Every player he has selected in the 1st rd has been good for the Crows.
It was you and your mate that turn this into a Milera vs Curnow arguments which is a complete waste as they are completely different players. And both will have good careers,

But if you disagree feel free because it makes no difference

Arrogance?

The comment had nothing to do with Adelaide or Carlton specifically.

Was merely pointing out you clearly missed the point of that thread if you think the reason Milera hasn't been mentioned but Curnow has, is because Milera is going nowhere.
Fair enough. I didn't mean to include you in that post actually, my mistake. Apologies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really don't think the Blues rated Lukocious in the top 6?

King Twins i can understand, but surely not Luko
Really dont know mate but we right for talls and maybe we needed that 1 extra mid. Also they probably knew they were never going to get Luko.

That's a good video, really interesting to see.

If they rated Stocker 6...

Walsh, Lukocious, Rankine, M. King, B. King, Smith - which wouldn't they have top 5?

After the ACL, perhaps Max, drops out of the top 6

I didn't have Stocker in the top 15, so will be interesting to watch his progress

Let me try and help.
Is that clear now?
That is far more balanced and reasonable post. The comment that got Crows fans up and about was something along the lines of "Milera is not in the same universe" as Curno. That comment was way over the top.

Shows how highly rated Liam is at the Blues.

Fantastic insight into what actually happens in those little booths. Port clearly rated their access to pick 18 a lot higher than Adelaide did to their 19. Had to laugh at Reid asking for the player name. SOS and Reid have developed quite the relationship over the years. Will work out for both clubs I think.

Paul Brodie diving into the Lollie bag was arguably the best moment. Neck and neck with the SOS pump of the fist.

Well played AFL and Carlton. We want more of this stuff please.

It's an interesting vid and good on the blues for putting it up.

Kinda negates the theory that we were after duursma then did the deal when Port picked him. Sounds like Reid couldn't do it fast enough and wanted it done well before pick 18.
He didn't want port to get in on it although carlton tried it but port wanted duursma

That's a good video, really interesting to see.

If they rated Stocker 6...

Walsh, Lukocious, Rankine, M. King, B. King, Smith - which wouldn't they have top 5?

My guess is either B.King or Smith.
B.King mainly because we are quite well stocked for young KPP's and we need a mid.
May have rated Stocker over Smith as a midfielder partly due to his character and dual-sided kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back