News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was 1 student, a single bloke, NOT students plural. I know who it was. I was in their year level at Xavier and was also in the facebook group at the time: VCE discussion space. He said something about 'pakenham high povos' or something like that. From my recollection (I didn't know him very well) he was kind of a douchebag, a bit of an arrogant dickhead. Nevertheless I was still shocked when that happened.

Its just one student though so if you are throwing all private school or Xavier students into the same boat then you are just the same as him throwing all of the pakenham high/public school students in the same boat.

Pakenham high has a more diverse group of pupils and generalisations would be foolish. I think most here would however be comfortable in speaking generally about Xavier in respect to some things at least.

Xavier students generally come from well off families. But I can't infer anything from pakenham high students really other than they may be zoned to the school.

But they have excellent prospects for rehabilitation. :rolleyes:

They have no place in society. They can get ****ed the filthy animals.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

With the press scampering all over the place looking for the right court I think we’ve tasted a small morsel of how difficult it’s going to be for VicPol, and the press, to get some traction in the case.
The scrutiny on the cops by this family and their fiends, sorry, friends in the legal fraternity to do everything by the book is going to be huge.
Good luck to the cops.
So you are saying the are looking for prosecution or cops to slip up to have grounds to dismiss or appeal a verdict?

Worth having a crack at too;

Victorian Current Acts
CRIMES ACT 1958 - SECT 22

Conduct endangering life
A person who, without lawful excuse, recklessly engages in conduct that places or may place another person in danger of death is guilty of an indictable offence.

Penalty: Level 5 imprisonment (10 years maximum).

S. 23 substituted by No. 10233 s. 8(2), amended by Nos 49/1991 s. 119(1)
(Sch. 2 item 14), 48/1997
s. 60(1)(Sch. 1 item 16).
Cheers for posting the info on charges. Its interesting that they all have maximum penalty but none have a minimum.

The school I went to tried to do that to a mate of mine, only rather than ask him to leave they suggested he do a 'non-ATAR VCE', which meant he'd stick around and still pay them fees but not get an ATAR score when he finished (apparently it would 'take the pressure off him').

After having handed over all of that money over the years right up until year 12, he and his parents promptly told them to get ******, completed his year 12 like everyone else and happily dragged the school's average down with him :thumbsu:

Getting a super low ATAR is the same as no-ATAR so essentially you're doing study and exams for nothing, but good luck to him.

They would have if they could have.

Perhaps, but I would argue highly competitive schools are far better than schools who don't care. I'm sure they did everything they could for that kid, but some kids are just too lazy to study and the school suffers.

They have no place in society. They can get ****** the filthy animals.

I don’t disagree, mate. My comment was a sarcastic comment on the shitty reasoning soft-hearted judges give to perps when they hand out very lenient sentences where the punishment often doesn’t meet the crime.

I don’t disagree, mate. My comment was a sarcastic comment on the shitty reasoning soft-hearted judges give to perps when they hand out very lenient sentences where the punishment often doesn’t meet the crime.

Agree. I can’t for the life of me understand why judges aren’t independently assessed on their decision making and held to account. In most jobs you are and have your positions reviewed.
I’m just over the sickening violence we have in society. How hard is it to just not be a *******. I know i stir a few up on the MB, but there isn’t one poster here I wouldn’t talk to, have a beer with (or water) etc. An example needs to be made of these scum.

Last edited:
Pakenham high has a more diverse group of pupils and generalisations would be foolish. I think most here would however be comfortable in speaking generally about Xavier in respect to some things at least.

Xavier students generally come from well off families. But I can't infer anything from pakenham high students really other than they may be zoned to the school.
It’s been more than 15 years since I went there now but for what it’s worth most of the people I was pals with came from working class/emerging middle class families who sacrificed a lot to get them there.

There were a few little turds who fit the cliched privileged private school boy mould. Funnily enough some of those blokes got themselves in some serious trouble just after school.

Things might have changed over the years. When I saw what they now charge for VCE i couldn’t believe my eyes (it’s almost tripled) so it probably has become a school for a wealthier breed. Still, pricks like this would be a tiny minority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been more than 15 years since I went there now but for what it’s worth most of the people I was pals with came from working class/emerging middle class families who sacrificed a lot to get them there.

There were a few little turds who fit the cliched privileged private school boy mould. Funnily enough some of those blokes got themselves in some serious trouble just after school.

Things might have changed over the years. When I saw what they now charge for VCE i couldn’t believe my eyes (it’s almost tripled) so it probably has become a school for a wealthier breed. Still, pricks like this would be a tiny minority.

Tripling fees likely changes the balance somewhat though.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...b-brawl-over-great-niece-20181206-p50kpf.html

That guy in the Medallion Club brawl just copped 6 months in the clink for a far lower offence. Looks like Beanie Boy could end up with several years and his buddies also getting some time. Good to see magistrates cracking down on this doggish behaviour.
His charge was intentionally causing injury.

Our well connected chaps are facing conduct endangering life.

All things being equal youd think the sentence would be more severe given the charges are.

His charge was intentionally causing injury.

Our well connected chaps are facing conduct endangering life.

All things being equal youd think the sentence would be more severe given the charges are.
Yep, I think they're now looking at 1-2 years. If that last charge of gross violence gets up they're looking at 4 years.

Agree. I can’t for the life of me understand why judges are independently assessed on their decision making and held to account. In most jobs you are and have your positions reviewed.
I’m just over the sickening violence we have in society. How hard is it to just not be a *******. I know i stir a few up on the MB, but there isn’t one poster here I wouldn’t talk to, have a beer with (or water) etc. An example needs to be made of these scum.

Separation of powers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. I can’t for the life of me understand why judges are independently assessed on their decision making and held to account. In most jobs you are and have your positions reviewed.

Who do you want to assess them? The Government? Violates our constitution.

What about a private company? You want to give a private company control over our legal system/law? Unacceptable.

Most people who criticise judges generally are incredibly ignorant about the whole legal system and what punishments actually mean / are trying to achieve. The vast majority of judges get it pretty right, and if not then either party can just appeal the decision to a more senior judge. Seeing 1 biased newspaper article that doesn't even give half the facts and just names the sentence doesn't make anyone a legal expert.

There always has been and always will be violence in our society. If you want to reduce it then ban alcohol and go harder after drug dealers instead of the users.

If you can infer that Xavier students generally come from well off families then you can also infer Pakenham students come from less well off families

How on earth do you know Pakenham high has a more diverse group of students? You have no idea what you're saying

Who do you want to assess them? The Government? Violates our constitution.

What about a private company? You want to give a private company control over our legal system/law? Unacceptable.

Most people who criticise judges generally are incredibly ignorant about the whole legal system and what punishments actually mean / are trying to achieve. The vast majority of judges get it pretty right, and if not then either party can just appeal the decision to a more senior judge. Seeing 1 biased newspaper article that doesn't even give half the facts and just names the sentence doesn't make anyone a legal expert.

There always has been and always will be violence in our society. If you want to reduce it then ban alcohol and go harder after drug dealers instead of the users.

I reckon there should be an independent board set up made up of a cross section of the community to review decisions to see if they reflect community values.
You have to ask yourself, how do so many repeat offenders get allowed back out/off to reoffend. There are just just too many crimes committed by these people to name - Bailey etc.
I actually don’t think it’s ignorance on our behalf at all, in fact, i reckon there could be an arrogance coming the other way from the decision makers.
Yes, there will always be violence in society and there has been, but you tell me, how much violence perpetrated is by reoffenders. What are the numbers there?
As for going harder at illegal drug manufacturers etc, that’s a government policy/legislation issue which then empowers our police dept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back