Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair the rumour was started by the Herald Sun and then it was also supported by AFL.com's Cal Twomey and FOX Sports Matt Balmer. The latter two reported it's what club's believed prior to the draft and what fueled the dogs belief that they could trade back in the draft and still get him.

If it is true, it'll come out eventually.... just like it did with Wingard.
This is the important bit - right now, everyone is acting like it is guilty until proven innocent. It's like we've learned nothing from the last few years of bullshit rumours circulating AFL media. Media publications are prone to extrapolating or outright making things up to generate clicks, yet people are still falling for it. Until there is actual proof from within a club that he has said anything of the sort, I think it's extremely unfair to be tarnishing his character

This is the important bit - right now, everyone is acting like it is guilty until proven innocent. It's like we've learned nothing from the last few years of bullshit rumours circulating AFL media. Media publications are prone to extrapolating or outright making things up to generate clicks, yet people are still falling for it. Until there is actual proof from within a club that he has said anything of the sort, I think it's extremely unfair to be tarnishing his character

There is a reason this is being discussed in the rumour thread dude. No one is saying it's a 100% fact. At least I'm not.

maybe centered around living at home with his family)

Yep! As I said Australian Football League may be the wrong sport for his 'special' situation because it involves maybe being recruited by an interstate club & then if not, even with a Victorian club there will some travel.
Sounds like draft tampering if ever I seen it.
Just like this.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/01/09/the-tamper-affair-how-pies-lost-a-young-star/
If the AFL were fairdinkum about it, then they would apply the appropriate punishment for tampering.

It's just that they aren't as that wouldn't suit the 'heritage listed' foundation clubs of Victoria.

There is a reason this is being discussed in the rumour thread dude. No one is saying it's a 100% fact. At least I'm not.
I really don't know why people come into rumours thread expecting 100% fact. Is like I want to read rumours but I want fact .

I guess it's just that I'm seeing this 'rumour' spilling out into other threads, and people are starting to make assumptions on his character. It's fine to discuss hypotheticals, but people seem to be taking it quite literally at this point

I guess it's just that I'm seeing this 'rumour' spilling out into other threads, and people are starting to make assumptions on his character. It's fine to discuss hypotheticals, but people seem to be taking it quite literally at this point

If I were you I honestly wouldn't give a s**t and just be stoked that your club has got a great player.

I enjoy how everyone just latches on to random Bigfooty rumours as if they are absolutely true. There's been literally zero evidence whatsoever that Smith demanded to stay in Victoria, yet everyone is suddenly talking down his character as if he's gone and slapped their child or something

I don’t know about the medical note but he did 100% tell interstate clubs not to select him and did say he would return home. This is not a rumour, it’s a fact.

David Beckham is OCD and I’m pretty sure he came under much more scrutiny than Bailey Smith ever will. He went ok in his chosen sport.
Yeh David Beckham has also lived in three different countries playing his sport, I don't think there's a lot of similarities.
If the rumours are true Smith is either full of s**t or has some fairly big issues. I'm guessing he is like 90% of 18 year olds and is just full of s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair the rumour was started by the Herald Sun and then it was also supported by AFL.com's Cal Twomey and FOX Sports Matt Balmer. The latter two reported it's what club's believed prior to the draft and what fueled the dogs belief that they could trade back in the draft and still get him.

If it is true, it'll come out eventually.... just like it did with Wingard.
He got his wish so even if true we don't know if it will ever be confirmed.
There have been enough sources to say he was very keen to stay in Victoria, regardless of what he said to interstate clubs in interviews.

So a journalist saying something with no source = FACT. Guess we should've trusted McClure when he said Sloane was 100% going to Victoria

So a journalist saying something with no source = FACT. Guess we should've trusted McClure when he said Sloane was 100% going to Victoria
You problem trusting fully on rumours not others.

rumour
/ˈruːmə/
noun
plural noun: rumours
  1. 1.
    a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Last edited:
You problem trusting fully on rumours not others.

rumour
/ˈruːmə/
noun
plural noun: rumours
  1. 1.
    a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
Below is the comment I was referring to. The guy is LITERALLY quoting it as fact, not rumour. So take your bullshit sarcastic response elsewhere if you're not even going to bother looking at the context

I don’t know about the medical note but he did 100% tell interstate clubs not to select him and did say he would return home. This is not a rumour, it’s a fact.

There were rumours that all of the top 7 bar Walsh requested not to be drafted interstate. All that this rumour tells me is that Smith is smarter than the other 5

Below is the comment I was referring to. The guy is LITERALLY quoting it as fact, not rumour. So take your bullshit sarcastic response elsewhere if you're not even going to bother looking at the context
In draft rumours thread .

Last edited:
At the end of the day any interstate club could still have picked him.Then it is up to the club to convince him to stay with a good program and strong support group .There have been dozens of players that did not want to leave their home state that have been drafted interstate and have chosen to stay At the end of the day the club has to sell it self to. Good strong clubs don't seem to have to much trouble keeping draftees that where a little unsure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back