Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

No one says he is. But he’s reported he was at six on your board on draft night. Not sure why it’s such a sticking point for some.

Carlton supporters should be happy they got a player they rated at 6 with pick 19.

No sticking point for me, but it seems to be for others, especially using media sources as a position of fact

Are you hoping for Adelaide to play finals.
Would’nt get my hopes up , IMHO they’ll get close but a few other teams are ahead.
Crows will be best of the teams that just miss out.
Are you hoping? Adelaide have the second easiest draw apparently and so far have virtually everyone up and running, no camp to distract, no grand final hangover this year, improvement from their younger players that had to be blooded last year and the fact we still got 12 wins after everything that could go wrong did go wrong. It is every chance to be a 14 + win season

No sticking point for me, but it seems to be for others, especially using media sources as a position of fact
Yeah the media can be a bit hit and miss. But twomeys usually on the money with his club contacts.

I’d back him over so called ITK posters on this board.

Yeah the media can be a bit hit and miss. But twomeys usually on the money with his club contacts.

I would back a couple of ITK posters on our board over Twomey, who has no idea on talent identification. Either way, not sure why Liam Stocker is of such high interest, given both the Crows and Carlton have 1st round picks next year

An easy draw doesn’t guarantee wins, it just adds a slight advantage to your season which you then have to capitalise on. You’re still subjects to all kinds of variables in terms of injuries, form (both your own and oppositon teams) and the application of your game plan v the application of your oppositions gameplan.

Games aren’t won on paper.

An easy draw doesn’t guarantee wins, it just adds a slight advantage to your season which you then have to capitalise on. You’re still subjects to all kinds of variables in terms of injuries, form (both your own and oppositon teams) and the application of your game plan v the application of your oppositions gameplan.

Games aren’t won on paper.
Yes, Correct games are not won on Paper, but they are heavily influenced on the training track.
And the Crows addressed several of the biggest issues that affected the club this year.

Have many actually had a look through Adelaide’s draw and analysed it?

I can see only 5 potentially easy wins (Gold Coast - home, Fremantle - home, Gold Coast - away, Carlton - away, St Kilda - home) and a lot of danger games, including playing good teams at home and developing teams away.

Statistically they might have the second easiest draw, but that’s based on the metrics post Round 23. It’s impossible to predict the competition next year, in particular the second half of the year.

In theory they’d win games against GWS, Richmond, Port Adelaide, Essendon and Collingwood, but there’s a level of uncertainty.

An easy draw is only easy in the context of the previous season.

Last edited:

Brendon Bolton said 8. He would know.

We probably downgraded the talls in this draft since we had far more need for mids and small forwards (we likely had Rankine at 2, not Lukosius).

Watchers at training have likened Stocker to Luke Parker without the tank. Stocker is an absolute tough inside bull that runs both ways and has elite kicking skills both sides of his body he kicks and handballs with both left and right with precision. Not much else to say we just have to wait for intra club games to see his vision and decision making if its anything like his last few games at TAC then that also is in the elite category. People are excited to see what this youngster will bring to the table.

Watchers at training have likened Stocker to Luke Parker without the tank. Stocker is an absolute tough inside bull that runs both ways and has elite kicking skills both sides of his body he kicks and handballs with both left and right with precision. Not much else to say we just have to wait for intra club games to see his vision and decision making if its anything like his last few games at TAC then that also is in the elite category. People are excited to see what this youngster will bring to the table.
Exactly SOS should have taken him pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Carlton supporter, I'm pleased to have Stocker on board. He's a great selection for the club. Exactly what we need.

Adelaide will receive an upgrade on their future first which will give them flexibility and access to elite talent next year.

Richmond are very happy with RCD according to media reports.

Seems like everyone had a win :)
You'd think so, yet pages of bullshit continue to be written in two different threads about this same topic...

Last edited:
So from a Blues perspective the deal can't fail. Worst case scenario for us is #6 and #18 for Pick 1 in terms of our valuation.

Vastly different occasion for the Crows of course.

If Sticker goes alright and ladder expectations hold, it's a win/win.

Without a quote, Twomey’s suggestion is just scuttlebutt. I’ve linked a video to where Bolton said top 8.

Rated (by us) at 6:

Intresting watch for how an actual trade deal goes down (as opposed to the hypothetical trade deals that fly around by the thousand on here each year).

The recruiters were all pretty solid on Stocker (Agresta, Brodie, SOS) as was Bolton and Juddy. You can see them all re-watching his highlights in the room before OKing the trade. Agresta had some very high praise for him.

Rated (by us) at 6:

Intresting watch for how an actual trade deal goes down (as opposed to the hypothetical trade deals that fly around by the thousand on here each year).

The recruiters were all pretty solid on Stocker (Agresta, Brodie, SOS) as was Bolton and Juddy. You can see them all re-watching his highlights in the room before OKing the trade. Agresta had some very high praise for him.

Happy to see a source that’s not just Twomey.

Fascinating footage. Carlton didn’t care about the pick, they just wanted their player If their player rating ends up being spot on, then they’ve just shown the rest of the AFL how to live trade - player over pick number. If their rating of Stocker is wrong, perhaps it becomes a test case for how not to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back