News Swans Talk In The Media 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

and genuinely how many players can say they are entirely responsible for a rule coming into existence.

No idea, I bet Wilt Chamberlain would be responsible for one though...

No idea, I bet Wilt Chamberlain would be responsible for one though...

You might be confusing things. The Stilt created more kids than rules.

Speaking of Grohan, White was also key to rule changes.

Waste of time IMO. Plenty of local talent that would like a spot on an AFL list who have been playing our game since childhood. There’s zero evidence to suggest these Irish, American etc imports fare any better in aussie rules than the local kids.

I almost totally agree, except where there’s the possibility that some of these kids are practicing (from a young age) AFL skills. I’m sure there will be a competition here and there but from what I’ve heard, they’re adult expats.

Quite a few have been successful but there’s been more success in them returning home and this is where an Aussie talent misses out.

I almost totally agree, except where there’s the possibility that some of these kids are practicing (from a young age) AFL skills. I’m sure there will be a competition here and there but from what I’ve heard, they’re adult expats.

Quite a few have been successful but there’s been more success in them returning home and this is where an Aussie talent misses out.

Yeah and I guess that's the hard part, differentiating those that have played AFL for most of their lives from those that just did a quarter-life code change. I just think it's called aussie rules not international rules for a reason. But of course the AFL is thinking about the $ and all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irish kids come in as a Cat B rookie if I recall.
They may compete with a local academy talent for a spot on the Cat B list. They also may well have much more ‘natural talent’ than a lot of our academy kids (speed, leap, agility, endurance etc).

It’s a bit of a free hit really as they won’t compete with the more credentialed kids that would go in the National or even standard rookie draft.

Irish kids come in as a Cat B rookie if I recall.
They may compete with a local academy talent for a spot on the Cat B list. They also may well have much more ‘natural talent’ than a lot of our academy kids (speed, leap, agility, endurance etc).

It’s a bit of a free hit really as they won’t compete with the more credentialed kids that would go in the National or even standard rookie draft.
Luckily plenty of the current Academy boys have enough ‘natural talent’ to justify drafting and enough of them are working bloody hard to make the most of that talent.

Luckily plenty of the current Academy boys have enough ‘natural talent’ to justify drafting and enough of them are working bloody hard to make the most of that talent.

My post wasn’t meant to be demeaning towards our academy kids....

It’s just another talent pathway for us to look at, that’s all....

Are you seriously suggesting the code restrict itself to Australian domiciled payers? On what rational basis? Given the right of people to come to this country to better their situation under the appropriate visa?????
Tonga pays in the red and white and bring a wonderful culture to the best game in the world

Last edited:
Yeah and I guess that's the hard part, differentiating those that have played AFL for most of their lives from those that just did a quarter-life code change. I just think it's called aussie rules not international rules for a reason. But of course the AFL is thinking about the $ and all that.
Australian football is played all over the world actually. Its called Aussie rules because of its origins not its future

Are you seriously suggesting the code restrict itself to Australian domiciled payers? On what rational basis? Given the right of people to come to this country to better their situation under the appropriate visa?????
Tonga pays in the red and white and bring a wonderful culture to the best game in the world

How the f*** do you get any of that from my post?! Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back