Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Great deal by the club and as I’ve said before the only risk in this trade is if they picked the wrong player which according to that video they seem pretty sure Stocker is the one.

Big ups to the Club for releasing that. As bad a decision as the training lockouts is, this is a great decision. As a draft devotee, and a curious bugger, that vision was just what i would like to see.

I think by releasing it they must be very confident in Stocker's maturity and mind. I get a bit of a sense that Stocker is in the Doc mould as a mature young guy. Personally i thought 19 was about Stocker's correct range but that vision shows that he was genuinely their Pick 6 so i'm all aboard with doing the trade.

The guys showed they were right across their brief and we got him at the lowest possible point, before Richmond.

Kudos on the homework of the new system, the balls to use it, and the openness of releasing the vision.

Can see why it takes forever to do deals with Adelaide, Reid doesn't get simple concepts.
He's just looking out for his own list. Can understand why they would want to lock away the deal early if all their main guys were off the board. If freo or port took stocker then we wouldn't deal, and they'd have to pick a player they don't rate as highly or don't need.

He's just looking out for his own list. Can understand why they would want to lock away the deal early if all their main guys were off the board. If freo or port took stocker then we wouldn't deal, and they'd have to pick a player they don't rate as highly or don't need.
True, but apparently they wouldn't have done the deal if Duursma was still on the board.

Actually, usurper is one of those words that breaks the rule. Due to the ‘y’ sound. The use of An actually doesn’t apply directly to the letter that starts the word but the sound. Like ‘that was an honest thing to do’ - ‘o’ sound starting the word

‘A usual’ is the same. Etc etc.
I know it's the sound...guess I pronounce usurper incorrectly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but apparently they wouldn't have done the deal if Duursma was still on the board.
That's incorrect. Watch the video again. Reid is trying to do the deal at pick 17 whilst Duursma is still available and ultimately goes at 18.
Callum Twoomey is simply an Essendon flog trying to put the boot into Carlton anytime he can and reporting untruths is something all Essendon supporting journalists are famous for.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Fist pump from SOS sums up how much he wanted him, despite being super cool on the phone.

Bolts seemed a little surprised to be getting his Christmas present in October

Good video on the trading of draft picks to get stocker. The fat guy stole the show, making so much noise to get a lolly while sos is trying to make a call, tries to fist pump/shake Bolton hand
Bit harsh on Brodie. The lolly was important.
Great video. Shows how in a room of up to 10 people when doing live trading, someone has to take control or confused people might do trade too early and not even get their man...lol
So happy we were first club to have balls to jump into live trading and get our man.

If anyone not seen it yet, was posted earlier today somewhere else too I think.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-12-06/revealed-inside-draft-night

We may as well all forget Stocker being any good. Knightmare likens him to Armatage of saints fame.

I really do need to stay away from reading his stuff.
He also had Charlie Curnow at 25. I wouldn’t listen to him too much.

And Jesse glass McCasker at 57. Lol.

We may as well all forget Stocker being any good. Knightmare likens him to Armatage of saints fame.

I really do need to stay away from reading his stuff.

Has no idea mate. The popularity of certain figures in society has always staggered me. This clown is right up there.

The video produced regarding this trade, is the kind of supporter engagement that gets members and builds long term relationships. You cannot put a value on SOS fist thumping and pure axiliration in getting the deal done and his man. More of that please.

I was a little surprised that this club allowed this sort of info to be available to the wider audience. It is so ....un-Carlton like.
It can serve to be a product of future ridicule to some, but the bigger picture shows that we're prepared to back ourselves in, as to who we want to come to the club and how we'll go about it.

To me the club showed itself to stand by its convictions, without worrying about the end result. We don't hear about this often, let alone be privy to the unfolding of our thoughts, standings and strategies.
It's a bold move and even if it somehow happens to be not the best end result, one can only applaud the club for showing its face throughout this process .

Has no idea mate. The popularity of certain figures in society has always staggered me. This clown is right up there.

He's not a clown by any means but simply applies his viewpoints to the info he brings to the fore.
Said it here before that he's more of a by-the-numbers type of profiler than a visionary or projectionist.

If you accept this to be the case, you can take up his profiling and extend that to ones own vision. That's the real trick.

It needs to be said that Callum Twoomey is coordinator of third fourth fifth and sixth party information; rather than a professional recruiter and or judge of AFL talent. No more needs to be said.
After hearing him for a few minutes on trade radio he lost me... could hear his angst against our club clearly through what he was saying.