Prediction Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

Where will Carlton finish in 2019?

• 16th

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • 17th

Votes: 165 35.9%
  • 18th

Votes: 221 48.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential to improve on 2018:

Inclusions. Docherty back and Mitch McGovern in makes this a different team already. An injury free Murphy and Kreuzer would be a boost too.

Good Injury run. Young team needs players to get a bunch of games in together.

A large number of young players who’ve shown talent (Dow, SPS, Curnow, McKay, Williamson, Fisher, O’Brien, Marchbank, Weitering, Setterfield). If most could make even a small improvement, the collective effect might translate into a couple more wins, the bigger the step, the bigger the effect.

Andrew Russell making an impact on the team’s physical and mental fitness.

Potential not to improve on 2018:

Just a couple of injuries to the wrong players could derail the season completely.

Stagnation. While they’ve shown talent, players like SPS and Weitering didn’t progress in 2018. If Carlton’s long list of young talent stagnates, it’s probably gonna mean more of the same.

The draw. Not a great draw for a bottom of the ladder team I must say.

Their improvement is entirely predicated on young players improving. Could go either way.
I certainly can't point to other lists and say that Carlton is much stronger than anyone. You can say they have more potential but in terms of actual expected performance in 2019, its a lot of unproven or developing young players that probably aren't ready to shoulder the load for an entire year of AFL. These players are generally backed up by players past their primes eg Murphy, Kreuzer, Simpson, Curnow etc.

I'd predict 18th and 3-4 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anywhere between 10th and 18th. I'm in total agreeance with juddy in his opinion that 90% of the game is between the ears. If we can snag a couple of early wins and stay in one piece on the injury front then I think we may see a new Carlton starting to take shape.

Also, If Andrew Russell is the fitness messiah he's claimed to be that will have a big impact. David teague will also have a significant role to play. I think we will surprise a few sides early/mid way in the season but then possibly fall away.
But as stated, confidence is a funny thing. If things start to work and plans click into gear ....who knows.

It may not be apples with oranges but I keep reminding myself of the pies this year. They really surprised me and Buckley went from zero to hero in a very short space of time. I think we can possibly be that side next year.

yada yada yada....14th.

12th with a massive rise in 2020. You have to remember we had much a state league squad in 2018 (hence bums like O'Shea and Mullet got games.
To be fair to the current CFC regime, they never once spub trump like propaganda on the fanbase, they freely admitted there would be tough times ahead.

The bottom half of the top 8. Can't see anything other than an unprecedented leap forward next year. It will be the Dawn of the Dynasty.

Their improvement is entirely predicated on young players improving. Could go either way.
I certainly can't point to other lists and say that Carlton is much stronger than anyone. You can say they have more potential but in terms of actual expected performance in 2019, its a lot of unproven or developing young players that probably aren't ready to shoulder the load for an entire year of AFL. These players are generally backed up by players past their primes eg Murphy, Kreuzer, Simpson, Curnow etc.

I'd predict 18th and 3-4 wins.
Simpson past his prime?? Have a laugh. He's apparently our only elite player on our list according to champion data. Teams are still tagging him in games.

Back