Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Fist pump from SOS sums up how much he wanted him, despite being super cool on the phone.

Bolts seemed a little surprised to be getting his Christmas present in October

Yeah that was a bit illuminating to me. I had assumed that Bolts would have had some input in a decision like this, but he really was just like a kid waiting to see what his presents were.

I think it answers the age old query on who has the say on drafting.

Agresta, Brodie and SOS all pick the players. Then SOS makes the final decisions. And the coach works with what he gets. Just as it should be. Bakers baking the bread.

StKilda put up a series of vids like this in the McCartin draft. They are good stuff and what the punters want to see. Sure they are chosen content and lightly/strongly edited for consumption, but they give you a great insight.

Can you imagine Liam Stocker watching this? Imagine it as to how you'd feel.

The exercise in itself showed just how raw the AFL as a whole are with all of this, but just how exciting it will be in the future.
Kudos to the CFC to get the ball rolling in this exciting new way of doing business. We can only get better as we go along

Yeah that was a bit illuminating to me. I had assumed that Bolts would have had some input in a decision like this, but he really was just like a kid waiting to see what his presents were.

Agresta, Brodie and SOS all pick the players. Then SOS makes the final decisions. And the coach works with what he gets. Just as it should be. Bakers baking the bread.

StKilda put up a series of vids like this in the McCartin draft. They are good stuff and what the punters want to see. Sure they are chosen content and lightly/strongly edited for consumption, but they give you a great insight.
you seriously suggesting bolton didn't know about stocker?

He's not a clown by any means but simply applies his viewpoints to the info he brings to the fore.
Said it here before that he's more of a by-the-numbers type of profiler than a visionary or projectionist.

If you accept this to be the case, you can take up his profiling and extend that to ones own vision. That's the real trick.

Agreed. He is a numbers man.

I've followed his work over many years and he is a poor judge of talent. He puts in lots of hours but his opinion I always completely disregard. The mistake most people make is believing the "experts" that provide the most information.

Very interesting process. Everyone is on the edge of their seats. You can see SOS is trying to remain calm and restrained however he’s like a cat on a hot tin roof. The only levity in the whole process is Reid wanting to know which player Carlton is interested in.

The footage at the finish shows an 18 year old who looks like he’s been in the system for a few years. All going well I can see both Walsh and Stocker debuting in round 1. If they don’t then the selected players will be in red hot form.

I have been critical of the media team previously, but have to give credit where it is due.

That’s an amazing video. Compelling viewing and you can see what it does tonsupporters, just on what the responses have been in here.

Can’t think of anything I’ve seen from any club that gets close to it.

More of that please.

SOS's body language when shaking Boltons hand at the end was intersting, pretty icy.
Really intersting video, glad the club put it together.

From his Footy Classified interview, I got the feeling SOS believes Bolton to be a good care taker while the club is building. However, I am not sure how far Bolts will take us into the future. Will be an interesting one to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS's body language when shaking Boltons hand at the end was intersting, pretty icy.
Really intersting video, glad the club put it together.
From his Footy Classified interview, I got the feeling SOS believes Bolton to be a good care taker while the club is building. However, I am not sure how far Bolts will take us into the future. Will be an interesting one to watch.
Bit of a reach. I think SOS made it clear. He has a job to do. He is not involved in other aspects of the club. In any case, Bolton will decide his own fate.

SOS said after the draft that “we back our recruiters in”, regarding the trade. Agresta, Brodie and team rank and list the players, SOS is the deal maker. As everyone else has said, that was fantastic to watch and shows clearly why they did what they did. It was great to see the discussions progress from early teens to when we eventually pulled the trigger.

Loved Juddy's response when they basically said 'your up'.....for him it seemed like he was representing the club in handing the kid his Carlton jumper....by their responses, it looked like none of them had any idea the absolute thrill it gave Stocker being presented the jumper by his childhood hero.

Great touch. Great video.

Now, all we have to do is to persuade them to open the doors to training sessions :p

Can you imagine Liam Stocker watching this? Imagine it as to how you'd feel.

The exercise in itself showed just how raw the AFL as a whole are with all of this, but just how exciting it will be in the future.
Kudos to the CFC to get the ball rolling in this exciting new way of doing business. We can only get better as we go along
Glad we are finally early adopters. Seems like we took 20 years to embrace the draft process.

Just watched that again...it appeared Reid was willing to give us pick 16... not that it really matters from our end but it would have made a difference to them - particularly if the man they grabbed at 16 was gone by their pick 19.

Only if we were willing to give up additional later picks. They refused 16 for the deal we ended up doing for 19.

Can see why it takes forever to do deals with Adelaide, Reid doesn't get simple concepts.

Reid: "Can we do the deal?"
SoS: "Not until we know our player is still on the board."
Reid: "Oh ok. But can we do the deal?"
SoS: "wtf? I just explained this. No."
Reid: "ok ok ok, I got it. Now, about this deal...."

Fair call, seems to be a few with that view. Personally I'm not convinced either way.

I didn't see it that way at all.
SOS manufactured the deal in response to his recruiters advice and that makes for perfect sense.
I've now seen the answers to my questions about how the mechanism operates. I now applaud and respect it.

That's incorrect. Watch the video again. Reid is trying to do the deal at pick 17 whilst Duursma is still available and ultimately goes at 18.
Callum Twoomey is simply an Essendon flog trying to put the boot into Carlton anytime he can and reporting untruths is something all Essendon supporting journalists are famous for.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
How so?
Just watched that again...it appeared Reid was willing to give us pick 16... not that it really matters from our end but it would have made a difference to them - particularly if the man they grabbed at 16 was gone by their pick 19.
Nope, SOS said during the video they wouldn't give up 16.