Other Ways To Watch AFL

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I love the idea of Kayo especially if you can split the subscription. Streaming is so much more affordable and is very convenient. It still shits me AFL on demand is size limited to your phone so an alternative streaming option for the TV is very appealing. Especially at that price.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Had foxy for years.
And now signing up my parents.
Looking at signing up my MIL, but only four Italian channels.
There is a streaming service that offers 55 Italian channels. Hard to go past that.
Still don’t understand the Foxtel hate.
An Australian company, employing Australian talent, vs streaming services employing foreign people. Not even on air talent, just backroom slobs.
Streaming services v talking heads, who commentate, analysis the contest and ad to the overall enjoyment of the telecast.
There is no comparison if you enjoy your sport.
But, hey, the hate blinds all.
Had foxy for years.
And now signing up my parents.
Looking at signing up my MIL, but only four Italian channels.
There is a streaming service that offers 55 Italian channels. Hard to go past that.
Still don’t understand the Foxtel hate.
An Australian company, employing Australian talent, vs streaming services employing foreign people. Not even on air talent, just backroom slobs.
Streaming services v talking heads, who commentate, analysis the contest and ad to the overall enjoyment of the telecast.
There is no comparison if you enjoy your sport.
But, hey, the hate blinds all.

I'm confused re your talk of foxtel and talking heads etc.

You do realise that Kayo is owned by Foxtel and the content is exactly what you are provided on fox sports except for the fact that you have the option to watch live or catch up. You can even start the stream from the start while the game is still live. I cant think of one argument you might have that would convince me paying $68 vs $25 is better.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood

You do realise that Kayo is owned by Foxtel and the content is exactly what you are provided on fox sports except for the fact that you have the option to watch live or catch up. You can even start the stream from the start while the game is still live. I cant think of one argument you might have that would convince me paying $68 vs $25 is better.

872714.jpg

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've had foxtel for years now and I'm betting you won't. Anything decent is already on Netflix or soon will be. The only other decent channel is the history channel and thats at additional cost.

Give credit to Foxtel where it's due. They have hit it out of the park with Kayo. Their existing Foxtel service is disgusting though.
I also had foxtel for a number of years and only watched the footy and other sport.

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

I've never heard of Kayo - the only reason I have Foxtel is for AFL.

Will check out Kayo for sure... be great if I can get rid of Foxtel.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

I agree. Although some people still have data limits on their internet plans. I'm assuming Kayo still uses your data? So that may be another concern for some people.

Foxtel is a no for me eternally.
I will never give a stinking cent to the right wing Koksucker Murdoch.
Kayo sound interesting though I am only interested in one sport AFl.
Why can't the AFL run their own subscription streaming service.

ED. Wake mate.

PIE TV....

Do it.
* PayTV

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

ED. Wake mate.

PIE TV....

Do it.
**** PayTV

There is the Telstra live pass but if you were going to get that I’d pay the difference and get K-O ... I assume it’s in reference to boxing knockout ? Stupid name - but have been using the 14 day free trial this arvo and it’s great

There is the Telstra live pass but if you were going to get that I’d pay the difference and get K-O ... I assume it’s in reference to boxing knockout ? Stupid name - but have been using the 14 day free trial this arvo and it’s great
Telstra live pass is for phone or tablet only no?
As for boxing I would not want any of my cash going to support an idiot like Mundine so that would be a no for me too.

DogCoffee

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Telstra live pass is for phone or tablet only no?
As for boxing I would not want any of my cash going to support an idiot like Mundine so that would be a no for me too.

Yeah I think it is actually - I get it for free with my pre paid boost plan.

Kayo will dominate, will be the Netflix of sports in Australia. Surprised I only heard of it today I’m usually all of tech related stuff.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood

ED. Wake mate.

PIE TV....

Do it.
**** PayTV
Isn’t Kayo just a streaming version of Foxtel.
Owned by? Well I best not tell you because you would have to walk away.

And it started off with no ads
That was the entire sole condition and primary reasoning made which saw pay TV was allowed in this country. You paid for the service and had the advantage of no ads.
Lasted a few years then...surprise.. the Libs changed the laws to allow Murdoch to place ads.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood

ED. Wake mate.

PIE TV....

Do it.
**** PayTV

aahhh.... you give money to Kayo you're giving it to the previously mentioned Mr Murdoch. And how long do you think it will be before Kayo introduces select pay-for-view ??

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

ED. Wake mate.

PIE TV....

Do it.
**** PayTV

I tend to agree. But my love of watching the Pies triumphs over any distaste I have about giving coin to that despot Murdoch. Missing the footy is outrageous to me. Streams have become so unreliable I can't hope they work because half the time they fail. If I go to the pub they're just showing Fox so i'm psuedo supporting Murdoch anyway, except my wallet ends up lighter and i'm likely to be in no good state when I wander back home. This is the best of a bad option to me.

My ideal would be to stream through AFL Live Pass full size on my TV. If I could access that through say a club membership that would be awesome. I'd be able to access all games stress free which is important as an interstate supporter who doesn't know where they will be watching the game from week to week. And in doing so would be supporting my club. That would be more valuable to me in a membership than 3 home games a season that I likely cant make. I wonder if that could ever be negotiated? I'd love for the club to advocate for this for it's interstate supporters.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
I agree. Although some people still have data limits on their internet plans. I'm assuming Kayo still uses your data? So that may be another concern for some people.

Maybe but the majority will be on some form of unlimited or at least could be for an extra $10 a month.

Back