Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

"Yeah, Im gonna be home late tomorrow as well, it's live trading and I've got reid on the other end I gotta... I know I said that and I thought I would have time to chat but we might be getting back into the 1st round I really gotta.... No we'll get Ben tomorrow, Im gotta do this first... yeah Ill pick some up one way home, yeah Juddy just be ready alright, no not you babe.. ok I love you too bye"
“Oh ... by the way ... what are you wearing?”
“Oh ... sorry ... no, not you Reidy ... wrong phone”

Don't think so Stig.

Sounds like Walsh is a fair way more advanced. Stocker has a bit of conditioning to get done first i reckon. I'm thinking later in the year for him. They clearly think he will be a ripper though. The words they use about him "tough" and "competitive" and "dual sided skill" are music to my ears.

They've made no secret that he needs to improve his endurance...doubt he'd play round 1 over our other young mids.

They've made no secret that he needs to improve his endurance...doubt he'd play round 1 over our other young mids.

Yeah, it's gonna be tougher for each intake to walk straight in the team.

For instance, SPS or LOB only had to be better than Graham or Kerridge to get a game early. Stocker has to be better than SPS or LOB.

Little bits i've picked up the last week or so suggest that Russell will be taking a little while to get Setters and Stocker "tuned" for performance first.

Walsh on the other hand is already ready. Just a tad of time for the other 2 first i think.

He's not a clown by any means but simply applies his viewpoints to the info he brings to the fore.
Said it here before that he's more of a by-the-numbers type of profiler than a visionary or projectionist.

If you accept this to be the case, you can take up his profiling and extend that to ones own vision. That's the real trick.

No doubting he puts in an inordinate amount of research time into posting his thoughts on draftees. In my view he also seems to be drunk/high on the adulation his sycophants lay at his feet, which In turn emboldens him to make outlandish comments.

Agree. Just after Stocker got interviewed SOS looked at Bolts twice with a very happy look and then fist pumped.

The handshake at the end is SOS back in his shell, business mode. He's a very shy man by nature.
SOS was doing everything in his power not to scream '**** YES' when talking to Bolts, and instead managed a fist pump before the handshake.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's gonna be tougher for each intake to walk straight in the team.

For instance, SPS or LOB only had to be better than Graham or Kerridge to get a game early. Stocker has to be better than SPS or LOB.

Little bits i've picked up the last week or so suggest that Russell will be taking a little while to get Setters and Stocker "tuned" for performance first.

Walsh on the other hand is already ready. Just a tad of time for the other 2 first i think.

Yep which is absolutely fine.
We've been so bad over the years that we've become conditioned to our kids playing seniors immediately...

I'll be happy to see more kids like Stocker and Setterfield playing in the 2's at least at the start of the season, to me it would mean it's a sign we've finally got enough depth to not have to throw any high draft pick into the starting 22.

I couldn't believe how a lot of people(well maybe half a dozen nongs on a BigFooty thread:)) saw Jayden Stephenson's body language when shaking Buckleys hand after getting drafted last year as negative.

I saw a kid who was so overwhelmed and grateful that a club had shown faith in him after the late heart scare had him supposedly dropping off the end of the earth. I came on BigFooty to comment how great it was only to find people saying his body language sucked:eek:

I would have liked to have seen SOS get just that little bit more despondent knowing that pick 16 wasn't happening just to see the mood suddenly change when he realised his plan just might be on after all as clubs started taking other players. Perhaps when they film the remake they can play up that scene a bit more. ;)

Bit harsh on Brodie. The lolly was important.
Great video. Shows how in a room of up to 10 people when doing live trading, someone has to take control or confused people might do trade too early and not even get their man...lol
So happy we were first club to have balls to jump into live trading and get our man.

If anyone not seen it yet, was posted earlier today somewhere else too I think.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-12-06/revealed-inside-draft-night
Didn’t help Brodie that bolts had already shaken his hand and threw another in for good measure while he waited for SOS to turn around... Brodie was like WTF are you doing little man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad we are finally early adopters. Seems like we took 20 years to embrace the draft process.
Indeed. Was my pet hate for last couple of decades. Amazing in a few years turned it totally on its head to be at the forefront of the new era of future pick trading and live draft trading. I think most clubs were a bit shy and wanted to see other clubs take the plunge first. In a few years time other clubs will fully embrace it too.

Last edited:
not many friendly salutations - very business like when against the clock - yep, no, we don't do the deal unless he's still there, thanks reidy, call us back, etc........full on and exciting to witness.......
They were a bit more rude on phone in Draft Day. He calls the other guy a pancake eating mother*er. I guess in NFL they can get away with being so rude to each other as if they screw the other dealer over the chances of needing to do a deal again in future with an upset opposition is slim. Think there are 32 clubs in that draft and you may do a trade with a specific club only once a decade. Chances of same guy in charge slim.

In AFL they still got to be on good terms as you could need to trade with that club a year or two later.

Just watched that again...it appeared Reid was willing to give us pick 16... not that it really matters from our end but it would have made a difference to them - particularly if the man they grabbed at 16 was gone by their pick 19.

Nope. Adelaide were just trying to get us to commit to the trade for 19 five or six picks ahead of time. Wanted more from us to give up 16, but we weren't interested.

That's reid trying to put pressure on SOS to get the deal done. Keep in mind it's not unedited footage

I realise that, but it was just so futile. Did the Gibbs trade fiasco teach him nothing?

No egg on Reid's face. Take an imaginary look in their war-room and imagine the club execs and whatnot hovering around. If Reid had just said "Yes sir, Mr Silvagni, sir, whatever you say sir" he'd probably have been sacked for failing to do his due diligence in securing a the most favourable trade for his club. He knew full well what the process needed to be from our end, he just needed to make sure he was asking the right questions.

Don't think so Stig.

Sounds like Walsh is a fair way more advanced. Stocker has a bit of conditioning to get done first i reckon. I'm thinking later in the year for him. They clearly think he will be a ripper though. The words they use about him "tough" and "competitive" and "dual sided skill" are music to my ears.
Only an outside chance, but the kid is a worker, he will push hard to get there.

As TerryWallet mentioned, think he steps in after the first few rounds

A bit like O'Brien or Fisher, possibly? Maybe debut around round 4 or 5 and play somewhere around 15-17 games

Nothing to do with my club but thought I'd have a look at that video. Good on the Blues for releasing that sort of inner sanctum content, it's always super interesting.

For the record I would've been happy with my club taking Stocker at #12, let alone #18. I reckon that kid is gonna make a few recruiters look silly. And hopefully with the return of Docherty and the additions of Walsh, Setterfield, McGovern, Fasolo, Newman and Stocker without really losing anyone of value, your mob can finish near or above the Crows and make their recruiter look doubly silly.

Nothing to do with my club but thought I'd have a look at that video. Good on the Blues for releasing that sort of inner sanctum content, it's always super interesting.

For the record I would've been happy with my club taking Stocker at #12, let alone #18. I reckon that kid is gonna make a few recruiters look silly. And hopefully with the return of Docherty and the additions of Walsh, Setterfield, McGovern, Fasolo, Newman and Stocker without really losing anyone of value, your mob can finish near or above the Crows and make their recruiter look doubly silly.
Nice post Schadenfreudefest