NBL 2018/19 Season

Who will win the title

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I watched that unfold and was pretty unimpressed with Wiley being ejected. Glad the NBL have said what they did.

What does saying, 'oops, we stuffed up' achieve though? Will the referees be held accountable for their actions, or will the NBL continue with their 'everything is awesome' mantra, despite every man and his dog pointing out that NBL officiating has been at crisis levels for several seasons now.

Can't argue that the quality of the Refereeing is deplorable. I'm an over the hill C grade hack and if any of the part-timers called me or my team mates for some of the rubbish NBL players are being called for I'd be ****** off.

Mitch Creek signed by Phoenix

Good signing by the Phoenix. Adelaide Basketball ensured he'd never return to the 36ers.

Between the Creek debacle and the way they're treating the Lightning, Adelaide Basketball are an embarrassment to South Australian basketball at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the team that gets HCA out of those two, Sydney Kings are some sort of chance also.
I think Melbourne.

Perth have had a good part of the schedule and now spend a fair bit time of the road.

Not sure the Kings are good enough at the moment. Just scraped in over the Wildcats missing Cotton. You’d think if Cotton played, that result is reversed.

Kings play terrible basketball, there offense is ugly most of the time and their D is average at best, they lucky they have had Bogut down low leading the league in Blocks, otherwise they would be bottom of ladder I would think.

Perth play good team basketball which is why minus starters over last month or so, they still kept winning. Finals for them, most likely they play Melbourne, who have the talent to get it done most games

I hope Gleeson cops a fine for that. Would have been more satisfying if Bogut dropped him though.

Coaches should never touch a player and vice versa.

Gleeson should not have touched him. Also Gleeson should not have told the ref that Bogut touched him first. Terribly bad form trying to crash the opposition huddle though. Where have we seen that before?

On another note - Where were the fans last night?

the ticket prices are bargain basement in Sydney. Seats that cost 160 in Perth and are sold out all year are only 40 bucks in Sydney and you can take your pick.

It is a terrible sign for the league that they basically deal one club a free million dollar player over and above the salary cap, they set ticket prices at near giveaway levels... and still no one goes?

That is a worry.

Bogut did nothing wrong, it wasn't a timeout. He's allowed to stand where he wants on the court.

I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw him do that, at the same time I could understand why Gleeson would want him to move "spirit of the game" and all that.

I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw him do that, at the same time I could understand why Gleeson would want him to move "spirit of the game" and all that.

I'm not sure it's something I would do but still if you want a timeout, use one. If you have none left and want one, use them wiser. Bogut was obviously taking the piss but at the same time he was entitled to do it.

Gleeson should not have touched him. Also Gleeson should not have told the ref that Bogut touched him first. Terribly bad form trying to crash the opposition huddle though. Where have we seen that before?

On another note - Where were the fans last night?

the ticket prices are bargain basement in Sydney. Seats that cost 160 in Perth and are sold out all year are only 40 bucks in Sydney and you can take your pick.

It is a terrible sign for the league that they basically deal one club a free million dollar player over and above the salary cap, they set ticket prices at near giveaway levels... and still no one goes?

That is a worry.

Contrary to what the NBL would make you believe, Sydney have never really adopted the Kings. Their crowds have always been terrible.

I'm not sure it's something I would do but still if you want a timeout, use one. If you have none left and want one, use them wiser. Bogut was obviously taking the piss but at the same time he was entitled to do it.

Not gonna disagree with you there. I'm saying Gleeson probably felt like a gentlemens agreement was being violated.

At no stage does that give him the right to put his hands on an opposition player.

Gleeson has been fined $500 for the Bogut incident.

In a related article Gleeson was quoted as saying:

When questioned about the incident by media postgame, the Perth coach watered down the significance of the clash.
“Just a little bit of a love tap,” Gleeson said.
“I tried to run a play and the big boofhead tried to listen. So I said, ‘Get out’ for a little bit.
“He grabbed me so I was trying to milk it to see if could get something out of it.
“Bogues is a good guy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back