Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendon Bolton said 8. He would know.

We probably downgraded the talls in this draft since we had far more need for mids and small forwards (we likely had Rankine at 2, not Lukosius).
Typical bigfooty ITK posters.

Bolton even stated in the video they rated him at six.

Last edited:
Newman Bugg and Goddard were all delisted and you would struggle to find many sides who wanted Fasolo. Agreed they help depth wise but I wouldn't be expecting any of those players to drastically lift you out of the bottom 4. Brisbane, St Kilda and Freo are all ahead of you quite comfortably still imo.
Disagree Newman and Bugg can interchange as midfielders , absorb impact and add grunt they’re descent taking the pressure of Cripps, Kennedy , SPS , Dow, Fisher , Walsh , O’Brien perhaps Setterfield. Also releasing Murphy, Simpson or Thomas as small forwards too.
Exoecting Fasolo and McGovern to help forward line no doubt. It’s all about options and flexibility. I’m not saying we’ll play finals yet but it’s a step in the right direction. Silvagni , Agresta, Brodie did well

All of us here are experts based on a 2 minute youtube highlights clip and using Twomey/Knightmare phantom drafts to know where a player should go.

You could argue that the other very well resourced clubs that had 18 picks ahead of stocker - might give a fair indication

Given Carlton’s history of poor talent over the past 15 years - you’d hardly back them over the collective wisdom of the other clubs

You could argue that the other very well resourced clubs that had 18 picks ahead of stocker - might give a fair indication

Given Carlton’s history of poor talent over the past 15 years - you’d hardly back them over the collective wisdom of the other clubs

Hughes i believe is now at st.kilda and Rogers is flipping burgers in the lions canteen.
The talent Silvagni has added since his arrival is there too see for those who care too look , its completely different level ...

Hughes i believe is now at st.kilda and Rogers is flipping burgers in the lions canteen.
The talent Silvagni has added since his arrival is there too see for those who care too look , its completely different level ...
spot on...hughes and rodgers,left a train wreck of a mess,sos has done a brilliant job,hes basically had to start us a new club ,,,,,i think all these kids need are game time together.

spot on...hughes and rodgers,left a train wreck of a mess,sos has done a brilliant job,hes basically had to start us a new club ,,,,,i think all these kids need are game time together.

If Silvagni had done a brilliant job you still wouldn’t be languishing at the bottom of the ladder. The host of second rate GWS castaways he’s brought into the club is ample evidence of a guy that really hasn’t learnt a thing. First, he drafts them whilst at GWS, then, even when GWS are happy to part with them, trades for them again! It’s mind blowing and quite lazy recruiting. Bringing in both his sons also smacks of nepotism.

Silvagni comes across as a thoroughly unimpressive individual intellectually. Just hope that the Blues keep him as the longer he’s there the less likely you guys are to be a force again. He was a great footballer. But terrible list manager.

Typical bigfooty ITK posters.

Bolton even stated in the video they rated him at six.

Bolton said 8 in the Sam Walsh video of a couple weeks ago.

Clearly he misspoke in that video, he meant 6 as the noted in the inner-sanctum video of last night.

Silvagni comes across as a thoroughly unimpressive individual intellectually. Just hope that the Blues keep him as the longer he’s there the less likely you guys are to be a force again. He was a great footballer. But terrible list manager.

Ok, you know best :think:

GWS, Saints, reasonable possibilities are Freo, Bulldogs and Port.
We start gingerly again at least until new additions amalgamate better, we’ll be stronger 2nd half off the season certainly next year.
I wish you well for a good season. If you finish above us you'll likely get a home QF, that would be a big rise.

All of us here are experts based on a 2 minute youtube highlights clip and using Twomey/Knightmare phantom drafts to know where a player should go.
Quite a few of us watch the champs but then again we don't get to see some of the top prospects (e.g. Caldwell) or know just how well some kids finish their TAC year off (Bont, Oliver).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Silvagni had done a brilliant job you still wouldn’t be languishing at the bottom of the ladder. The host of second rate GWS castaways he’s brought into the club is ample evidence of a guy that really hasn’t learnt a thing. First, he drafts them whilst at GWS, then, even when GWS are happy to part with them, trades for them again! It’s mind blowing and quite lazy recruiting. Bringing in both his sons also smacks of nepotism.

Wow another Carlton expert who has totally nailed us based on opinion that feels like it's been almost entirely lifted from poorly researched journo articles.

There is something lazy here but it ain't sos.

Wow another Carlton expert who has totally nailed us based on opinion that feels like it's been almost entirely lifted from poorly researched journo articles.

There is something lazy here but it ain't sos.

Would you mind pointing out the bits “lifted from poorly researched journo articles”?

I don’t think any of the facts that I posted are indisputable.

Betting odds are largely based on where the punters (read biased fans in many many cases) put their money as opposed to how the bookies think clubs will perform. It's more about exploiting the market than crystal balling team performances...

No, not really; the betting people are the market. Without them there isn't sports betting outside of your mates down the pub or banter on websites like this.

betting odds are largely based on the reality of the competition. Carlton are ranked bottom two and Adelaide top 8 because they are a pretty bad and good football teams respectively.

To say otherwise is clutching at straws big time.

Would you mind pointing out the bits “lifted from poorly researched journo articles”?

I don’t think any of the facts that I posted are indisputable.
Which gws players can we put a line through as terrible decisions? Please don't include the players brought into supplement senior depth(we had none which sos cannot be blamed for) or used as salary dumps to get the key piece of the trade done.

I'm looking and I see an 18th place finish.

At some point when you get the first pick in the draft for half a decade - you are going to get something decent.

No, not really; the betting people are the market. Without them there isn't sports betting outside of your mates down the pub or banter on websites like this.

betting odds are largely based on the reality of the competition. Carlton are ranked bottom two and Adelaide top 8 because they are a pretty bad and good football teams respectively.

To say otherwise is clutching at straws big time.

You really are struggling with how betting markets are formed and fluctuate.

Many people don't think so. Carlton fans typing 'everyone won' consistently doesn't make it so

Well we won't know for a while.

Pretty ridiculous to make claims about any draftees and trades before a ball has been kicked in anger.

To SOS and Bolton's credit, they have been open and transparent about rebuilding the footy from the ground up, Mick Malthouse gutted the club, and it would have been easy for him to try trade early picks for established stars, which whilst meaning we wouldn't bottom out, would be stuck in a Gold Coast/St Kilda cycle of mediocrity/not going anywhere.

Calling him a crap recruiting manager makes no sense, when he plucked out Zac Fisher as a 2nd round pick. (The lad is going to be one helluva weapon)

Most (informed) Carlton fans are very happy with how our list is shaping up, its not that far away from being very decent .

Our injury toll last year was unprecedented in all my years following footy, we lost the one player after Cripps we could have least afforded to all season in Docherty.

SOS is a much more shrewd operator than many of his critics think, getting a former top 6 pick (Setterfield) for basically peanuts is a good example of this, plus he kept Essendon and Dodoro honest in giving up 2 first rounders for Dylan Shiel.

You really are struggling with how betting markets are formed and fluctuate.

I have a fairly decent understanding. I merely find it humorous you are attempting to explain away Carlton being rated the worse team in 2019, outside of the Suns via "read biased fans in many many cases". A small minority of fans influence the market very slightly by dumb bets on their clubs via fanboiism etc by and large its a pretty good guide to the general competition. To disregard Stocker vs pick 2 by arguing betting markets are not based on reality is short sighted.

Well we won't know for a while.

Pretty ridiculous to make claims about any draftees and trades before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Yes well obviously. The guy isnt going to be drafted for 12 months.

Most (informed) Carlton fans are very happy with how our list is shaping up, its not that far away from being very decent .

I am not an informed Carlton fan. However If i were I would be worried being the worse team in the competition (spoon) to be drafting & trading a needs based mentality rather than the best available talent.

Last edited:
I have a fairly decent understanding. I merely find it humorous you are attempting to explain away Carlton being rated the worse team in 2019, outside of the Suns via "read biased fans in many many cases". A small minority of fans influence the market very slightly by dumb bets on their clubs via fanboiism etc by and large its a pretty good guide to the general competition. To disregard Stocker vs pick 2 by arguing betting markets are not based on reality is short sighted.

What is humorise is how you are referencing betting markets as a means of determining a finishing position, just as they got it wrong before the start of last year

How about you give me your opinion as to where we will finish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back