Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

From his Footy Classified interview, I got the feeling SOS believes Bolton to be a good care taker while the club is building. However, I am not sure how far Bolts will take us into the future. Will be an interesting one to watch.
Yep then we can bring in Mick Malthouse to finish off his good work

Loved Juddy's response when they basically said 'your up'.....for him it seemed like he was representing the club in handing the kid his Carlton jumper....by their responses, it looked like none of them had any idea the absolute thrill it gave Stocker being presented the jumper by his childhood hero.

Loved the serendipity of the jumper being presented by Judd - childhood hero, same club.
It was a real case of 'better lucky than good' but it's nice that fate fell that way. The fact that Juddy was the only one in the room that could have covered the distance to get there in the required time turned into a brilliant moment.
Hopefully a sign of positive things to come for Blues - even 'shanks from the trees' lead to a birdie putt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Adelaide were just trying to get us to commit to the trade for 19 five or six picks ahead of time.
No egg on Reid's face. Take an imaginary look in their war-room and imagine the club execs and whatnot hovering around. If Reid had just said "Yes sir, Mr Silvagni, sir, whatever you say sir" he'd probably have been sacked for failing to do his due diligence in securing a the most favourable trade for his club. He knew full well what the process needed to be from our end, he just needed to make sure he was asking the right questions.
Totally agree...the pressure in the Cow's war-room would have been no different to ours, maybe more. They had two picks close to one another (16 and 19), so would have been trying to work out which players they are looking to pick, along with the added pressure with the Carlton trade, which we couldn't commit to. Reid would have had his henchmen all looking at him "so, are we trading or picking"?

I reckon with the trades we've done with them over the past few years, SOS would have much preferred to be dealing with Reid, than that nob Dodoro.

Yeah i don't think Reid cracked under pressure just think he is out of his depth as a list manager.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reid's been pretty good for them imo. He paid up for a contracted Gibbs when they were 100% in premiership mode, just as every team should. He has probably got a better return then expected from all of the Lever, Cameron and McGovern trades. Not paying up for Lever when they had Doedee there was also a bloody good move which he deserves a lot of credit for.
The Stocker trade was a no brainier for us if we truly rated him in the top 6 but it is also likely they didn't rate anyone else much so a probable top 4 pick next year is again probably a really good move by them.

Nope. Adelaide were just trying to get us to commit to the trade for 19 five or six picks ahead of time. Wanted more from us to give up 16, but we weren't interested.

No egg on Reid's face. Take an imaginary look in their war-room and imagine the club execs and whatnot hovering around. If Reid had just said "Yes sir, Mr Silvagni, sir, whatever you say sir" he'd probably have been sacked for failing to do his due diligence in securing a the most favourable trade for his club. He knew full well what the process needed to be from our end, he just needed to make sure he was asking the right questions.

Would have liked to have known who was in the Crows box. To me it sounds like it could have been someone pressuring Reid to keep asking SOS to do the trade ahead of time. I've had bosses like that, you tell them the lie of the land but they don't believe you or just want to keep pressuring, it's a right pain in the arse.

Reid's been pretty good for them imo. He paid up for a contracted Gibbs when they were 100% in premiership mode, just as every team should. He has probably got a better return then expected from all of the Lever, Cameron and McGovern trades. Not paying up for Lever when they had Doedee there was also a bloody good move which he deserves a lot of credit for.
The Stocker trade was a no brainier for us if we truly rated him in the top 6 but it is also likely they didn't rate anyone else much so a probable top 4 pick next year is again probably a really good move by them.
Pity his Gibbs move was 12 months too late.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would have liked to have known who was in the Crows box. To me it sounds like it could have been someone pressuring Reid to keep asking SOS to do the trade ahead of time. I've had bosses like that, you tell them the lie of the land but they don't believe you or just want to keep pressuring, it's a right pain in the arse.
More likely they were confident of getting McHenry at 19 so were trying to extract some later picks from us

Last edited:
Still think that we've got the better of the Cows over the past few years...the Gibbs trade for 2 first rounders last year landed us some great young talent.

Interesting this year though. If the MM trade had have fallen through by chance, we probably would still have traded the 2 second rounders to the Swans for pick 13. So we would have picked up Walsh and Stocker through the draft anyway, but no Gov.

So, technically, we've swapped 2019 first round picks with them, and got Gov in return...so if we by chance finish close to them in 2019, we pretty much got him for nothing (except the state player access pick, which we got for nothing anyway).

Maybe that's why SOS likes dealing with Reid :)