Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With all this fishing way outside off...we are close to seeing someone leave a ball onto middle stump

Imagine if Shaun Marsh is dropped for Mitch Marsh
35 test average vs 27. Shaun will be kept for 'experience' and he does have talent but by god that shot was terrible. How could you watch India's first innings then be tempted by a ball so wide after facing just 18 deliveries?

My prediction, this innings is going to go the same way as our innings back in Clarke's heyday. Khawaja to score a big double ton and a random bowler will stick around to get 60 while the rest of the lineup flop.
Cummins. He'll be the new Australian test poster boy by the end of the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demosthenes

Premiership Player
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Everyone lauded Pujara for the exact same style of knock
Well, he did make 123 doing it. I'm sure similar plaudits will be forthcoming if Khawaja does similar.

I am a little skeptical of his ability to do so, though. Historically, Khawaja has had a slight habit of imploding when a spinner gets him pinned down. If he conquers that problem, nobody will be more pleased than I.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure that he is that good. His Shield record is not that great.
Sadly is good by contemporary standards. Was a good segment in the break where Ponting, Brayshaw and Slater were talking about how we used to have guys averaging well over 50 in FC who couldn't get a Test, now averaging mid to high 30's gets you on the selection radar.

Shaun Marsh last 6 test matches:
16, 7
7, 0
3, 4

90 runs @ 8.18

What more does he have to do to be dropped?

Change his surname. Dead set I’m over this spud

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Well, he did make 123 doing it. I'm sure similar plaudits will be forthcoming if Khawaja does similar.

I am a little skeptical of his ability to do so, though. Historically, Khawaja has had a slight habit of imploding when a spinner gets him pinned down. If he conquers that problem, nobody will be more pleased than I.

I can't recall a lot of that at home though, his big issue early last summer was driving at too many early on from the quicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back