Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only his 2nd season in professional football. He'll most likely choose for a club where he believes he will play. I think that right now he'll get more opportunities at PSG than at City or Barcelona, especially now it looks like Rabiot will leave on a free.

Surprised he chose PSG over City who would have been offering similar money and a better project.
Maybe he’d rather live in Paris than Manchester?

Re De Jong - I just read an article where a French journalist confirmed he'd walk straight into PSG's starting XI, as a CM next to Verratti. At City he would be the successor of a guy who will still be there next season. And Barcelona aren't short of CMs either at the moment. Looking at it like that, PSG does seem like a smart choice for a guy who is still young and who will want to be a first choice at his new club.

Does that mean Rabiot is leaving PSG?

Yeah his contract runs out this season and he's stopped negotiating.

Bradesmaen said:
The Dutch league is so good though.. I mean 35 year old RVP is what... 5th top scorer? (I realise the irony with Glen Murray)

The Dutch league has always been inferior to the bigger leagues but that never stopped it from producing world class talents. It's true that he's relatively unproven at the highest level but it's not like he's being judged on his performances against De Graafschap and Willem II either. He debuted in a team that made it to the EL final, his current team is in the last 16 of the CL, he's a Dutch international who was very impressive against the world champion and Guardiola recently spent a few hours with him and his agent to convince him to join City.

By the way, PSG have denied the rumour and say it was created by Ajax to start a bidding war between City, Utd and Barcelona.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah his contract runs out this season and he's stopped negotiating.

The Dutch league has always been inferior to the bigger leagues but that never stopped it from producing world class talents. It's true that he's relatively unproven at the highest level but it's not like he's being judged on his performances against De Graafschap and Willem II either. He debuted in a team that made it to the EL final, his current team is in the last 16 of the CL, he's a Dutch international who was very impressive against the world champion and Guardiola recently spent a few hours with him and his agent to convince him to join City.
Davy Klaassen.

Straight swap for Higuain?
Nah, we'd look at someone younger imo. Sarri would love him but we arent going to pay the money Juve wants and we dont do multiple season deals for footballers over 30 usually.

I like Batshuayi to be recalled(hes struggling at Valencia) and given a shot.

They'll both probably be sold in the summer, Giroud will be out of contract too. Fair old striker clean out coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back