Multiplat Far Cry 5

Remove this Banner Ad

DtwGoNgU4AAQD3p.jpg

"Although we can’t say for sure what role the two women on the cover of Far Cry New Dawnwill play, they do have a strung up white man in the background, while they sit in the foreground, looking over their shoulders menacingly, holding large weapons. Yeah, they bad."

Whole article on Kotaku about new Far Cry game managed to be written about having violent black women on the cover of games. Gee whiz

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/12/far-cry-new-dawn-leaked-box-art/

Looks fairly meh to be honest.

I guess its what we expect for a game release less than a year after the last. Will probably get suckered as im a fanboy and cant control myself

I guess its what we expect for a game release less than a year after the last. Will probably get suckered as im a fanboy and cant control myself

Some of that trailer intrigued me but yeah looks more like a DLC than a sequel. Reckon Father won't be the protagonist but probably will assist the protagonist.

Some of that trailer intrigued me but yeah looks more like a DLC than a sequel. Reckon Father won't be the protagonist but probably will assist the protagonist.

Will be interesting to see how long it is too. It's releasing for $59.95, so that usually indicates that it's going to be quite short. Probably good after how stale FC5 got after 20-30 hours (even sooner for most people)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how long it is too. It's releasing for $59.95, so that usually indicates that it's going to be quite short. Probably good after how stale FC5 got after 20-30 hours (even sooner for most people)

Hmmm, reckon it'll be a lot cheaper not long after release.

Finally got around to finishing the story mode last night. Really enjoyed the game but the ending felt really flat to me.

Decided to stay and fight. I’m a little bit disappointed that it finished in the bunker with Joseph back in control - how is that a finish? Seems very open ended to me. Like you’ve gone through all 3 regions, only to end up not finishing him off. What happens next as well. Just feels off to me.

Watched the ending for if you walk away, liked that one a little bit more but it still has the open ended problem - not to mention the fact that Joseph gets to carry on his merry way after all that gameplay.

I’ve got a fair bit to do still in terms of completing the game. Not sure if I’ll bother or not. I do enjoy it but there’s a lot left to do. Somehow I seem to have missed a lot of outposts in this one.

Overall I didn’t enjoy it as much as FC4 but that could be because FC4 was the first one I’d played.

Picked this up for $25 last week, never played a Far Cry game before. Am enjoying it but the story is getting in the way a bit. Every now and then I get captured out of the blue and have to endure some cutscenes and a bit of time on rails before they let me get back to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back