Current Royal Commission into Lawyer X gangland convictions on tainted evidence & police corruption

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it is a huge scandal and there is little doubt several of the heaviest Victorian drug dealers and contract killers will be freed and eligible for compensation. You simply cannot have a situation in our legal system where defendants are engaging and instructing a lawyer who is secretly informing privileged information to the Police/prosecution.
The roots of this go right back to the Walsh Street Police killings when the Victorian Wallopers very underhandedly bugged the police cells they provided for coke head Lawyer Andrew Fraser to speak with his client Anthony Farell and were listening in as Fraser told Farrell in no uncertain terms to shut his mouth , full stop.
It was unheard of at the time,largely ignored , and explained away as the" means justifying the end " to solve the brutal slayings of two young officers
Decades later we have progressed to this absolute farce which was entertained as a means to ending Melbournes underworld war/contract killing spree.

We don't know yet under the circumstances the information was supplied. People are speculating what happened.

Apparently only a few were clients of the barrister that were informed on at what point we don't know. It narrows it down.

Although in the process, a murderous gangland war was ceased. What a horrible predicament.

Otherwise, potentially the people making appeals not yet granted may have been assassinated.

Last edited:
No surprise this all happened under the Nixon and Overland reigns. Both were useless muppets.

Quite ironic that all these criminals have admitted to their crimes to lawyer X who then passed the info on, but yet they may be freed because of the lawyer/client privilege. The legal system hey!

No surprise this all happened under the Nixon and Overland reigns. Both were useless muppets.

Quite ironic that all these criminals have admitted to their crimes to lawyer X who then passed the info on, but yet they may be freed because of the lawyer/client privilege. The legal system hey!

Steve Bracks was in a bit over his head imo and I'm left leaning.

It's a disgrace but Daniel Andrews is showing us he has the spine to front it I think.

Today's Herald Sun.

15e1837db526b17804fccee41bc0e605.jpg

Steve Bracks was in a bit over his head imo and I'm left leaning.

It's a disgrace but Daniel Andrews is showing us he has the spine to front it I think.
I heard rumours that Bracks’ reason for resigning wasn’t due to family reasons but because he was involved in some turmoil that would have come out during his third stint as Premier. Wonder if this was it way back then?

I heard rumours that Bracks’ reason for resigning wasn’t due to family reasons but because he was involved in some turmoil that would have come out during his third stint as Premier. Wonder if this was it way back then?

Could be imo. This has been cooking for a long time.

.....because if Carl had an informer for a lawyer then his convictions are quashed and he isnt a criminal and therefore its not from criminal proceedings

;)

Smart thing to do really

Then go after Adam Hand Shand-y and Joe Silvester etc

Payday central

Have you heard Sly's last 3AW radio gig? He sounds quite nervous and a tad shrill, also not making much sense.

Ahh, the herald sun says....:rolleyes:

Keys words in the first article is possibly and If.
It’s possible I COULD be a rich man IF i win the lotto too. This sentence means little like the suns.

As for the hush money claim, what sensastiolist crap.

Regardless of what you think of a barrister playing snitch ( As wrong as it is) this is a typical sum for someone who gave away their professional career for the sake of giving evidence to police as an informer. She did not needed to be hushed, it was the coppers who spilt the beans on her.
Cheap when you consider she is a dead lady walking now and knew she would be if police broke ranks.

Again folks, wait for the facts and dont be a sheep and read the headlines of the Hun and assume that is what is happening.

Tony Mokbel, Rob Karam and Faruk Orman have already lodged appeals.

e6d53cf15473da18eeecb8ec0374a52a.jpg

View attachment 593109

I would imagine that whoever posted the bullets via Australia Post with the threatening letter, apparently from Russell St according to Barrister X, will be sweating big time.

TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND POSTAL SERVICES (TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS AND CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS) ACT 1989

85S. A person shall not knowingly or recklessly:
(a) use a postal or telecommunications service supplied by Australia Post to menace or harass another person; or
(b) use a postal or telecommunications service supplied by Australia Post in such a way as would be regarded by reasonable persons as being, in all the circumstances, offensive.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 1 year.

85X. (1) A person shall not knowingly or recklessly cause to be carried by post an article that consists of, encloses or contains:
(a) an explosive; or
(b) any prescribed dangerous or deleterious substance.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 10 years

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It would seem that Victoria might be a bit light on in Statutory and Case Law for when Police commit an act (registering a Officer of the Court [a Barrister] as an informant) that brings discredit or perverts the course of Justice. I'd expect this will be different by the time that the Royal Commission has finished

administration of justice offences - Parliament of Victoria
https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/i...om/admin_of_justice_offences/final_report.pdf

Bench Notes: Perverting and attempting to pervert the course of justice[1]
http://www.judicialcollege.vic.edu.... Notes - Perverting the Course of Justice.doc

34.1 - Perverting the course of justice - Judicial College of Victoria
http://www.judicialcollege.vic.edu.au/eManuals/VSM/9735.htm

Extracts»

2.9.9.2 - Perverting the course of justice - Commonwealth statutory scheme

The Commonwealth Crimes Act 1914 (Cth) proscribes various types of conduct that undermine the course of justice, including acting with actual bias, destruction of evidence, certain conspiracies against justice and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Offence name

Crimes Act 1914 (Cth) section

Maximum penalty

Judge or magistrate acting oppressively or when interested

s34

2 years

Giving false testimony

s35

5 years

Fabricating evidence

s36

5 years

Intimidation of witnesses

s36A

5 years

Corruption of witnesses

s37

5 years

Deceiving witnesses

s38

2 years

Destroying evidence

s39

5 years

Preventing witnesses from attending court

s40

1 year

Conspiracy to bring false accusation

s41

10 years

Conspiracy to defeat justice

S42

5 years

Attempting to pervert justice

s43

5 years

Compounding offences

s44

3 years

Section 43 is designed as a ‘catch-all’ provision to cover any conduct not caught by the specific offences against justice contained in the Act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would imagine that whoever posted the bullets via Australia Post with the threatening letter, apparently from Russell St according to Barrister X, will be sweating big time.

TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND POSTAL SERVICES (TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS AND CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS) ACT 1989

85S. A person shall not knowingly or recklessly:
(a) use a postal or telecommunications service supplied by Australia Post to menace or harass another person; or
(b) use a postal or telecommunications service supplied by Australia Post in such a way as would be regarded by reasonable persons as being, in all the circumstances, offensive.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 1 year.

85X. (1) A person shall not knowingly or recklessly cause to be carried by post an article that consists of, encloses or contains:
(a) an explosive; or
(b) any prescribed dangerous or deleterious substance.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 10 years

Sweating bullets?

They might not have actually posted it, if it happened at all. A creep I knew for a (thankfully) very short time put a love letter in a girl's mailbox but made it look like it'd been posted. He wanted to be sure she got it.

Heard him earlier in the week where he accused the high court judges of having too much red wine with lunch. He’s loosing it.
The high court judges comments although very relevant don’t reflect the case as a whole. They are pissed that the sanctity of the law has been pissed on by a some cops and want a be do good lawyers .
Sly would know more about what has transpired and what the likely outcomes are than anyone else in the land.
He is trusted by lawyers , cops and criminals .

Sweating bullets?

They might not have actually posted it, if it happened at all. A creep I knew for a (thankfully) very short time put a love letter in a girl's mailbox but made it look like it'd been posted. He wanted to be sure she got it.
Good point. Article doesn't say. Whoever it allegedly was, might've been wise enough to avoid Commonwealth Charges, and fingerprints, but I'd wonder if they were wise enough to wear a face mask to avoid DNA transfer from their mouth and nose? Hopefully, she kept it and they can put the clown away in the stone college with those other miscreants. ;)

I wonder who the Prosecutors were in each of these various cases that are now subject to the letters?

I wonder which of them knew at the time they were prosecuting those cases?

I wonder if they're about to be withdrawn from Prosecuting any high profile criminal cases that are coming up?

I wonder if any Judges are in the same boat?

Who knows?

The high court judges comments although very relevant don’t reflect the case as a whole. They are pissed that the sanctity of the law has been pissed on by a some cops and want a be do good lawyers .
Sly would know more about what has transpired and what the likely outcomes are than anyone else in the land.
He is trusted by lawyers , cops and criminals .

Sly knows what he’s been told, and people leaking do so with a specific purpose in mind. In his earlier interview he cherry picked from the high court ruling, miss represented some parts and dismissed others that didn’t fit the narrative, reading all his articles he’s clearly running the police case in public.

Who is Sly?

John Silvester or Sly of the Underworld. Just quietly, perhaps he might be a little bit concerned. :poo::poo::poo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Silvester_(writer)

Sly knows what he’s been told, and people leaking do so with a specific purpose in mind. In his earlier interview he cherry picked from the high court ruling, miss represented some parts and dismissed others that didn’t fit the narrative, reading all his articles he’s clearly running the police case in public.
The public will expect Police, Prosecutors & Judges associated with any of this to be stood down until the Royal Commission clears them TBH. I don't think that they can damage control any of it. This will kill many careers, and reputations even if the Royal Commission white washed all of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back