Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey is definitely next i the queue and would be playing but for the leadership issue. Wade isn't the answer as a keeper or batsman, he's no doubt a fighter but way too much bottom hand for my liking. Paine is skipper until the next leader emerges....and he may be doing it just now, I'd put Head as Test Captain before Ussie for a number of reasons.

Good knock by Head, I know age doesn't come into it much but he is 10 years younger than Marsh and 8 years younger than Finch. Moving Finch down the order at the expense of Head as was suggested earlier is ridiculous.

Travis Head looking very comfortable. Can’t believe I ever actually doubted his ability. I know it’s his home deck, but he’s facing some tough bowling.

As an Adelaide person, I've sat back and read all the criticism of Head, one poster suggested he will make a pair and disappear from the scene. It's been rather amusing. There's no doubting Head's ability to play at Test level. I'm not a total fan as yet because he tends to not turn 50s into 100s .... hopefully he will in this Test. He's also a possible future captain if the situation presents itself. Very pleased in how he's batted today.

I'd take Carey. More upside, just as justified. Future potential leader. He's 27 - if he isn't ready now, how old does he have to be? I'm not sure if he'll ever average more than 40 in FC which is what he's doing this season.

He’s had a woeful Shield season today has been the first times he’s done anything this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back