7Cricket Vs Fox Cricket

Who has the better coverage?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Scorecard on Ch.7 is crap having 6 players on left side, then 5 and extras on right side. Bring back the batsmen on the left and scores on the right
Did 10 use that style for the Big Bash? A few unique things to the Big Bash coverage have made their way to 7 it seems like.

Say what you want about 9 but I don't think anyone can argue that 9's coverage looked better than 7's does currently. And given Fox have more experience with it their coverage was always going to look better.

The camera work, the graphics and the tech on 7 is definitely a work in progress at this stage.

Ive got fox so i havent watched 7 but it sounds like should give it a go.m

I too could listen to punter talk cricket all day

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fox coverage has been really good so far

Seven seems to have more a mixed bag, more trash on there.

This is so true... In some ways I wonder if you can't measure the strength of a broadcast by how it manages a rain delay. When 7 are on a couch with Mel, Ricky and Alison it's outstanding, and better than what Fox is doing; but if it's Flem or Trent Copeland talking s**t, or puff piece stories it's so, so bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been flicking across the two today, and I can safely say that both are an improvement on 9.

In terms of overall coverage, however, I'll have to give it to Fox. Their scorebug is more comprehensive than 7's, and while nothing will replace the iconic 9 cricket intro, Fox have a very respectable replacement.

With Adelaide having football and cricket media centres, it makes it easier for both broadcasters to have their own set ups. Be interesting to see what happens at grounds like Perth and Melbourne, which don't have separate media centres for the footy and cricket.

I find the fact that 7 and Fox both have Test broadcasting rights a bit odd.

I would have thought that 7 would cover Test cricket exclusively while Fox covered the ODI's exclusively.

It looks like it's a similar set up to what the NRL have these days - for the games 9 does, Fox League has it's own feed with it's own commentators. The 9 feed never airs on Fox League.

I suspect Fox Footy will be asking for this in the next AFL rights agreement.

ABC also used Fox's coverage, I suspect another part of the deal is that all highlights must use the Fox footage.

Which makes me wonder whether everything is paid for and run by Fox, and Seven just adds their own stuff to make it 'theirs'.

I believe Fox are the 'host broadcaster' of the match. The only people seeing 7's coverage are those tuning into 7. International viewers, newsrooms etc get the Fox Cricket feed.

Signed up to Kayo Sports after watching a couple of hours of Channel 7. While its a good change from Channel 9, Fleming and Slater are a massive no from me.

Fox is much better. Better hosts, better graphics. Michael Vaughan is good value.

Side note.. Kayo Sports is also very impressive.

Pretty average stint then from McGrath, Slater and Bradshaw. Even for their standards.
Personal highlight was after the Rahul wicket, Slater "we haven't seen that kind of stroke from him," McGrath "actually Slats, he's got a few runs with that big drive." Or something along those lines

Pretty average stint then from McGrath, Slater and Bradshaw. Even for their standards.
Personal highlight was after the Rahul wicket, Slater "we haven't seen that kind of stroke from him," McGrath "actually Slats, he's got a few runs with that big drive." Or something along those lines
That's a woeful trio.

I find myself flicking between the two stations. I like Tim Lane.

I think Fox is quote easily the best though, the only time I really feel like flicking back to 7 is when Howey is on.

I would like to watch some coverage on 7 as I have a lot of time for Tim Lane. But after being blessed with 4k coverage FTA television just looks pathetic.

Have been watching both (Fox at home, Seven at work) and both are a significant improvement on Nine.

Warne, in particular, has dramatically improved now he's allowed to do some actual analysis instead of shitful banter. Lane and Ponting both great on Seven though as well.

Probably give it to Fox on balance.

I was fairly pessimistic re: Fox's team after hearing McNamara was involved and some of their hirings but I've been impressed. It's not perfect but it's eons ahead of 9 and quite a bit better than any TV team worldwide other than Sky UK. It helps they've largely sidelined some of their bigger idiots (Healy, Lee) but it does feel like there's a genuine directive to actually talk about the game rather than the usual 9 bullshit. It's refreshing to see that Warne for example actually does have a pretty decent cricket brain rather than being the idiotic tool he was from about 2013 onwards.

Mostly I've only tuned into 7 when Ponting's been commentating. I genuinely think he's the best in the world at this point especially because he seems to get the best out of his co-commentators. Apart from him though the rest of the team is rather s**t. Lane and Mitchell are good commentators, Brayshaw depends on who are his summarisers.

The great thing about Ponting is that you can almost hear his brain ticking over as he is analysing what has occurred, what is happening and what is to come and how to best relate that to the viewer. On the other hand, you just know Fleming is rehearsing in his mind the perfect glib contrivance and how to say it to maximum effect.

Back