Media BFFCL Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fizzler has done an amazing job filling list spots at the Bolts but an expansion team raiding three players from a single team needs be looked at by the admin group.
I do agree somewhat. Committee will discuss this further shortly.

haha RCK logo v Northern Phoenix logo The Half Back

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bffcl-squad-submission-thread.1209800/

tenor.gif
Clearly overcompensating for something, it's not the size it's how you use it, the best things come in small packaged, etc etc.

Fizzler has done an amazing job filling list spots at the Bolts but an expansion team raiding three players from a single team needs be looked at by the admin group.
Maybe you campaigners should have pay me....

Last edited:

I have explained this at committee level, but I didn't headhunt all 3 and in fact TJASTA was the only one I actually actively recruited. That being said 3 is pushing it and anything more should, and probably will be, outlawed. Now let's all focus on the fact I've brought in 8 rookies including 6 or 7 Queenslanders. :p

Maybe you campaigners should of pay me....
Maybe you should learn English. You'll fit in well in Queensland :p

I have explained this at committee level, but I didn't headhunt all 3 and in fact TJASTA was the only one I actually actively recruited. That being said 3 is pushing it and anything more should, and probably will be, outlawed. Now let's all focus on the fact I've brought in 8 rookies including 6 or 7 Queenslanders. :p
At least you can see what I'm talking about. There was always going to be attrition with two expansion sides but its something the committee should be aware of given each team has half the numbers of an Sweet FA squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you did was un-Australian
Wd0u8Fz.gif
Edit ... This post is directed at you Cadaver. You are dead to me...

View attachment 592886

The third and final signing from the Bolts, Hatchy1992 was keen to link up with the new Brisbane franchise having been born and raised in the eastern city, and gets the opportunity to relocate closer to family. He played as an all-rounder in the T20 Big Bash but will return to his traditional role as an aggressive opening batsman for the Dolphins.
Very excited to be aboard for the new season! Extremely excited of being a part of our inaugural season!

Thanks to the Bolts for giving me my opportunity in the league and as such allowing me to have a successful season both team wide and personally.

However the opportunity the Dolphins gave me was too hard to turn down.

The purities of cricket

Phoenix captain and general statistician The Half Back has done some investigating into the squad lists for the One Day and Test seasons coming up and the flavour of the season seems to be All-Rounders. "It is very interesting to see just how many all-rounders there are in the competition these days." Back said during an interview last night. "Gone are the days when you pick 6 pure bats, 1 keeper and 4 bowlers, it's all about the dynamics of picking guys that can do a bit of both, jack of all trades, master of none." The batting all rounder said.

For this upcoming season, there is currently 82 players contracted and the breakdown is as follows:

Pure Batsman - 26
Batting All-Rounders - 12
Wicket Keepers - 6
Pure All-Rounders - 10
Bowling All-Rounders - 8
Pure Bowlers - 20

The competition consists of 26 batsman, 6 wicket keepers, 20 bowlers and 30 all rounders. The conventional 5-1-1-4 of batsman-all-rounder-keeper-bowler of old is out the door with more and more all rounders in the top order and lower order, giving captains extra options, especially during the test matches when sides start to build a partnership.

THB stats has devised a metric to see which team is the "purist" in terms of squad make up.

6th place - Blue Mountain Bounders - raw score of 8.5 with 13 squad members = .654
5th place - Melbourne Bolts - raw score of 9.25 with 13 squad members = .712
4th place - Brisbane Dolphins - raw score of 10.5 with 14 squad members = .750
3rd place - Red Centre Kangaroos - raw score of 11.75 with 14 squad members = .839
2nd place - West Coast Whales - raw score of 13.0 with 15 squad members = .867
1st place - Northern Phoenix - raw score of 11.5 with 13 squad members - 0.885

It will be interesting to see how differently teams go whether having players play multiple roles or have the purists dominate theirs will work better for them. Only time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back