Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Trident Wolf Eclipse was pretty good. Was hard for them to do any worse following up The Wild Hunt though, thought that was an awful album.

I only gave Trident Wolf a couple listens and will probably give it a couple more that I’ve now got with the times and use Spotify. It certainly wasn’t as s**t as Wild Hunt but I just feel like they have lost any charm. The previous three had character and they weren’t afraid to try things. Since Wild Hunt it’s like they have to put all their efforts into their evil tough guy image and the music is an after thought.

Yeah you're right, their first 4 albums were great, I'll have to re-vist I remember really loving Casus Luciferi. Not sure what went wrong during the writing of The Wild Hunt, don't think I could listen to that one again, lol.

My stand outs of the three albums after Rabid Death's Curse

Then just flicking through Wild Hunt trying to find anything worth comparing them to and this is the closest I could find to an 'epic' Watain tune. However any time it started going anywhere cool they manage to * it up only a few bars later.

This has a great riff. Hooked at the moment. Never paid any attention to these guys. Ever.

Only took them 40 years to finally break through ey..?

Got some hand me down LPs but yeah never really rated them much either, might revisit & check out the new stuff.. Intro wreaks of No Remorse

Only took them 40 years to finally break through ey..?

Got some hand me down LPs but yeah never really rated them much either, might revisit & check out the new stuff.. Intro wreaks of No Remorse

Overnight sensation then? Ha ha. This recent album is fantastic. Never in 1 million years did I imagine I'd say that ...

Been listening (well its been on in the background) to the recent Dimmu Borgir album. Absolute Rubbish. What's to like about this puss? Seriously.
While I'm on my metal-high horse...current Arch Enemey song has come on just now. Holy *. Amott's just building his retirement fund. What a waste of talent. This guy could be playing this dross with his eyes closed. Sleepwalking.

Np: Testament - The Ritual. Thoughts on this? Whilst I'm feeling a little cheeky, let me take a stab at the feedback.

Pacman - thought it was ok but prefers "Practice What You Preach". Either way he'll let us know with a post somewhere between 1am and 3am tonight.
DV - thinks its a massive sellout and has NEVER forgiven them. But still keeps the disc as a collection filler. But its a sellout.
Schauermann - likes the first two LPs and a couple of obscure demo's and that's it. But is going to see them in Berlin next week for the 9th time on a triple bill with Forbidden and Exodus. The beer will be damn expensive at the venue too.
Dwwaino - not really a thrash man ol' dwwaino...thought they were Eric Peterson's side project, black metal offering Dragonlord being his main band. Will check them out though now he's got Spotify.
James doesn't mind it but rates it well below the first 3. And the last 2. And he's seen them 3 times since 2000 and can tell us the setlist from each of those 3 occasions.

(sorry to anyone I missed...)

How am I doing here?

Last edited:
Np: Testament - The Ritual. Thoughts on this? Whilst I'm feeling a little cheeky, let me take a stab at the feedback.

Pacman - thought it was ok but prefers "Practice What You Preach". Either way he'll let us know with a post somewhere between 1am and 3am tonight.
DV - thinks its a massive sellout and has NEVER forgiven them. But still keeps the disc as a collection filler. But its a sellout.
Schauermann - likes the first two LPs and a couple of obscure demo's and that's it. But is going to see them in Berlin next week for the 9th time on a triple bill with Forbidden and Exodus. The beer will be damn expensive at the venue too.
Dwwaino - not really a thrash man ol' dwwaino...thought they were Eric Peterson's side project, black metal offering Dragonlord being his main band. Will check them out though now he's got Spotify.
James doesn't mind it but rates it well below the first 3. And the last 2. And he's seen them 3 times since 2000 and can tell us the setlist from each of those 3 occasions.

How am I doing here?

Brilliant. Bang on. I'm so black metal I don't know why I don't have lightning bolts shooting out of my hands.

I'm hit and miss with Testament. Bought a box set of theirs a couple years back and got into some of it. Wasn't too keen on the last thing they released but you're correct that now I have Spotify I can check it out without having to waste any cash :D

Last edited:
I'm not far off dwwaino lol. Thrash really isn't my thing, I've heard some classics like albums from Megadeth, Sepultura, Metallica, Slayer but once it gets beyond that it might be the odd song from bands like Kreator, Exodus, Annihilator.... maybe a few others. It's quite an embarrassing thing to admit. :oops:

They're probably more death metal but I like the 80s stuff like Possessed and Protector, and of course really early Sodom. That's about the limit of my thrash haha.

How am I doing here?

Haha. I only remember the first song. May pull it out later.

*boots up Spotify*
*tries to think of something random hasn't listened to in a long time*
*Starts typing Zarathustra*
*now playing In Hora Mortis*

Where has this app been all my life.

Ha ha. I got an email today from Spotify. It had created a “Your Top Played songs for 2018” playlist for me. That’s service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How am I doing here?
Haha great post, i guess I'm hanging out with pacman and james lol.

A couple of great songs ('electric crown' rips, and has one of my favourite solos ever), but the rest is pretty hit & miss for me

Probably not the worst guess.

But somehow I am quite unfamilair with them. Own a few releases, but hardly listen to them.

New Metal Church is a winner. More focussed than ‘XI’. Some noticeable throwbacks to the previous Mike Howe era song wise too. Easily their best since Hanging in the Balance.

Rot Away, The Black Things, Into the Fold, Out of Balance all ‘fave song’ clubhouse leaders.

Screenshot_20181208-095757_Instagram.jpg
Shaping up to be a good start to the year.

Gearing up for a CUB tour and beer tasting session at 1pm. Abbotsford Brewery. Guess we’re both doing some ‘reps’ today

I would ask for a case of Abbotsford Invalid Stout and get stuck right in. However, the only black liquid I currently drink is espresso. Haha. Enjoy.

I would ask for a case of Abbotsford Invalid Stout and get stuck right in. However, the only black liquid I currently drink is espresso. Haha. Enjoy.

b0f7c3e0e48c4edcfe3242c49ffbf1bd.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back