2018 LFFL Draft - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is for all the s**t talk/banter that is not an actual selection.

Just the one rule here and this is one that WAG annually posts about - don't discuss players that are yet to be taken. Once picked, go nuts, but don't mention any names of players yet to be taken in the draft.

Otherwise banter all you like!

Fairly certain I've had Taylor Walker every season since inception. Sad to see him become a Mozzie. Thought he may have lasted a few more rounds based on 2018 form.

Fairly certain I've had Taylor Walker every season since inception. Sad to see him become a Mozzie. Thought he may have lasted a few more rounds based on 2018 form.
Think it's a pretty astute pick up. Has been in for surgery early, trimmed down bunch of kgs, and already done a mini pre-season. Will be primed.

Haven’t heard of that player before.

fightingfury_88 you‘re up.
I've moved your quote over to its proper place. Shame on you for breaking drafting protocol ;) I can see how you might consider AW a left-field selection, though, but Witherton is a fantasy star. His rebound figures are up there with the best and he's a known touch counter. I'm expecting solid 40s all year from him.

I've moved your quote over to its proper place. Shame on you for breaking drafting protocol ;) I can see how you might consider AW a left-field selection, though, but Witherton is a fantasy star. His rebound figures are up there with the best and he's a known touch counter. I'm expecting solid 40s all year from him.
Think the joke is it's Witherden haha

Oh s**t, cheers Nuggets. Well, at least Pie has managed Pie to lure me into this thread to talk up my own players; no mean feat.

Oh s**t, cheers Nuggets. Well, at least Pie has managed Pie to lure me into this thread to talk up my own players; no mean feat.
Yeah 1) it was for the above joke. 2) it was to tag FF into the thread since you didn’t ;)

Round 1 and 2 review up. Will try to get a few done before flying out the the US. Solid pickings all round to date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey was a great pick. Actually thought he'd already been picked otherwise I would have picked him.

Lyons could be a great pick too. Had actually written down his name but changed it at the last second.

Only question on Lyons is will he play, and really should. Just remember mullet being the second bet ranked defender last year....

Only question on Lyons is will he play, and really should. Just remember mullet being the second bet ranked defender last year....
Lyons has a lot more to him than Mullett. Should be Lions best 22 help out the young midfield. Allows Neale to spread more outside and forward too.

I’m more hopeful he plays the same role rather than being given a tagging job or something.

Lyons has a lot more to him than Mullett. Should be Lions best 22 help out the young midfield. Allows Neale to spread more outside and forward too.

I’m more hopeful he plays the same role rather than being given a tagging job or something.
Why do the suns let him go if he walks up in another midfield, that buffled me when he was delisted.

Why do the suns let him go if he walks up in another midfield, that buffled me when he was delisted.
Well they got a bloody favourable picks deal that raised my eyebrows but it made sense once Lyons left. Not in Dew’s plans.

Good to see there’s no more unwritten rules any more. Would have taken him but assumed we still ran with that so he was a safer bet.
Waat? Of course there's the unwritten rule. Your main ruck and carryover is Martin, so you get his immediate replacement. If you choose four rucks, you don't get access to all the backups just cause you chose them! :rolleyes:

Waat? Of course there's the unwritten rule. Your main ruck and carryover is Martin, so you get his immediate replacement. If you choose four rucks, you don't get access to all the backups just cause you chose them! :rolleyes:
Haha probably came across more salty than I intended. More annoyed I nearly selected him than changed my mind lol.

But I would like that option though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back