Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest difference between them and channel 9.

They've been talking about the cricket!!!

That, and that alone, makes them tenfold better than the last two years. I can deal with Brayshaw using Slater as a comparison point to Pant; I can deal with Copeland making a s**t analysis of Handscomb using Kohli as a benchmark (honestly, the players couldn't be further apart in terms of their technique!) but as long as they're talking about what's going on in front of us, they're better than nine, and at an acceptable level for a free broadcaster.

Enjoying the commentary far more than Nine. But not sure why they decided to do an interview with Harris's Dad in a different studio during the play. Just made it harder to follow the cricket, and impossible to follow the interview. The production values and angles they use for the set where they have the touchscreen thing leave a bit to be desired, but that stuff isn't really important anyway.

Was the same when he had guest stints for Ch9 too, not a natural commentator, if it wasn't for his involvement with the Pink test he wouldn't get a look in.

He must know someone or something.

He just doesn't have a personality or have anything interesting to contribute.

He did a segment with Mel and he looked so far out of place interacting with her.

McGrath is as bland and dry a commentar as you’ll get. Does the analysis, but isn’t natural in front of a camera. He’s also a follower - he’s been good I’ve found when partnered with Ricky, but give him Slats and he’s not good, doesn’t offer much

Says nothing no well informed cricket fan would not already know. Boring and states the obvious, little wonder why broadcasters dont want him on board.
Katich? He's great. No wonder you don't like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is about as good as you. Uninformative, you listen to it in the hope of hearing something you don't already know, but it never happens.
He is about as good as me. Knows the game, makes intelligent comments and insights. So I can understand why someone like you wouldn't enjoy his commentary, it's too advanced for your mind.

70,000 posts. What a waste of time.
As insightful as ever :thumbsu:. No wonder you're the second least respected poster on the board, behind LPno1.

I'll have a whinge, Trent Copeland what are you doing with yourself. You dominate shield cricket yet miss a game so you can play around on a smart TV with basic analysis of how bowlers hold the seam etc. If there were to be a couple of injuries to the bowlers then chances are you could probably get a gig yourself but that's not going to happen if you're not playing.

I'll have a whinge, Trent Copeland what are you doing with yourself. You dominate shield cricket yet miss a game so you can play around on a smart TV with basic analysis of how bowlers hold the seam etc. If there were to be a couple of injuries to the bowlers then chances are you could probably get a gig yourself but that's not going to happen if you're not playing.

Yeah, quite bizzare.

Imagine an AFL player in his early 30's asking his coach for a week off so he can go and commentate another match. the heck.

Unpopular opinion- one day Trent Copeland will host channel 7's (or another station if the rights change hands) cricket coverage.

He is a very good media performer and has been for a number of years on the ABC.

I dont disagree. on radio you project your voice. He can do that. On camera he's somewhat awkward. Having said that on foxsports bill and boz he's ok, cause he's sitting down, pen and paper. You can partially hide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back