2018 Pakistan vs New Zealand (T20s, ODIs & 3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 203 to win with 5 wickets in hands.

This is gonna be fun

Sarfraz will feel he can win this but don't think the tail will be strong enough to chase this even if he does keep going.

Yeah Sarfraz ain't winning it.

Poor old Pakistan. They just seem destined never to get it all together at the right time do they. String of great bowlers, too many holes besides Saeed Anwar and Inzamam-ul-Haq (ijaz to an extent though he was a bit older) with the bat. Find a keeper who can bat a bit, he’s so bad with the gloves they can’t pick him and he forgets how to bat anyway (Kamran). Find two gun bowlers to fill the void, they end up in jail. Just as Younis and Misbah strike it rich with the bat. Yousuf’s peak is right in the middle of all of it.
Uncover a ripping pool of bowlers to pick from, only Azhar and Shafiq look world class in the top 6. Sarfraz loses form.
And they can’t play at home.

What a debut Will Somerville!! And what a journey. One of the genuinely nicest blokes you'd come across. Would you believe he was only a part time spinner back in underage club cricket and I don't even think he got much of a bowl at all in representative cricket. He was one of our star batsmen. Someone saw something in his bowling when he was about 19 or 20 and the rest - as they say - is history.

Test rankings once NZ take the last wicket:
114 - India
108 - England
106 - South Africa
105 - New Zealand
103 - Australia
93 - Sri Lanka
92 - Pakistan

If Pakistan had won this Test:
99 - Pakistan
98 - New Zealand

If it had finished a draw:
101 - New Zealand
96 - Pakistan

Test rankings once NZ take the last wicket:
114 - India
108 - England
106 - South Africa
105 - New Zealand
103 - Australia
93 - Sri Lanka
92 - Pakistan

If Pakistan had won this Test:
99 - Pakistan
98 - New Zealand

If it had finished a draw:
101 - New Zealand
96 - Pakistan
First time New Zealand have ever been above Australia in the test rankings?

NZ win the series 2-1.

Great stuff from them.

How does Pakistan blow it against NZ but not any other team in UAE?

This has been a really poor batting display. Haven't even tried to dig in.

On the other hand, what a fantastic series win for NZ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did i hear them say yesterday the Kiwis haven't won a test series in asia since 1969 ??

Nah against Pakistan away.

This is the first series win in 'Asia' in 10 years, I think?

Next up NZ host SL for 2 Tests.

If NZ win 1-0:
116 - India
108 - England
107 - New Zealand
106 - South Africa

If NZ win 2-0:
116 - India
109 - New Zealand
108 - England
106 - South Africa

No matter what happens in the AUS v IND series, NZ cannot get the #1 ranking. India will remain #1 unless they lose 4-0, in which case Australia will become #1. India would drop to 3rd.

A good series to watch. I was tuning in to all three matches.

The commentary was excellent, as was the camerawork. The cricket was terrific, some special stuff from both sides.

Now I have to put up with the flogs of Australian cricket coverage. What a sad contrast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back