Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. But really, who is? Holland has shown he probably isn't test standard despite having three excellent domestic seasons, O'Keefe is struggling to stay on the park, Swepson is promising but has struggled for Queensland this season, Agar oddly missed the game today and has mixed test form at best, and Zampa isn't a FC cricketer's a-hole. Right now the best bet is Agar, and that's scary for Australian cricket. Need to pray that Lyon plays 5 tests over in England.
Have I heard correctly that Agar is feeling burnt out and taking a break from cricket?

What’s the go with Holland? He barely played last season and has only played 2 shield games so far this season?
Last year he missed the entire second half due to SA, this year he missed the first 3 due to UAE/injury
No one at present.
Not even Pope is close, he needs to get guys out with his stock ball as well, just getting wickets with the googly won’t be as easy at international level
Pope is nowhere near it. Way too inaccurate.
Have I heard correctly that Agar is feeling burnt out and taking a break from cricket?
That's the public reason for him missing this game or something similar. I'll dig around to find out what's really going on.

250 against us with a decent bowling attack is very competitive score at the minute .

Thought Head was great , for the most part batted within himself which is what you need to do on this deck .
Harris looked at home at test cricket first up and was suprised when he got out

There is a reason Victoria bat Finch middle order, and we saw why yesterday against the moving new ball.

I actually thought although Handscomb looked ok he was quite streaky at times . Very poor shot to get out with with he had done some pretty tough yards.

Entertaining game so far , I just think India have more scope to play better then us with the personal they have.

That's the public reason for him missing this game or something similar. I'll dig around to find out what's really going on.
It seems like his best chance at making money in cricket is in the short form of the game. Maybe he recognizes he is a bit off a test call up and therefore choosing to freshen up for the upcoming bbl comp.

It seems like his best chance at making money in cricket is in the short form of the game. Maybe he recognizes he is a bit off a test call up and therefore choosing to freshen up for the upcoming bbl comp.
I talked to his brother in September. I can guarantee that wasn't the case then, so something major would have had to change since then.

Mitch only making 20 for WA against Victoria.

Great to see Maddinson back in the runs after having to force his way into the state side. He had some very honest things to say after his knock which was great to see.
Basically admitting he had been gifted games in the past and him having to work just to earn a spot is the best thing for him. I was a huge knocker of his test selection but I do love that honesty. Hopefully he can start to show his full potential.

Matty Wade off to a good start again. If he can go on to make runs here he has to be putting pressure on.

Wade's been having a run that deserves selection.

Mitch failed with the bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finch isn’t good enough to open for Victoria or Queensland. Yet gets the gig for the national xi. Staggering.

Handscombe’s shot to get out was a symptom of too much hit and giggle cricket. Was he trying to guide the ball between 1st and 2nd slip?

I can't get my head over/around/under the fact that we've got Finch AND Harris opening for Aus. It all just feels wrong. But every time I look at the team apart from the bowlers, it all feels wrong and did in the UAE too.

Having said that, I wanted Finch to do well in the UAE and I want him to do well this series.

I can't get my head over/around/under the fact that we've got Finch AND Harris opening for Aus. It all just feels wrong. But every time I look at the team apart from the bowlers, it all feels wrong and did in the UAE too.

Having said that, I wanted Finch to do well in the UAE and I want him to do well this series.
Only Finch out of those two feels wrong to me. Mostly because he's not an opener. But Harris 100% deserves his spot at the top of the order right now.

Only Finch out of those two feels wrong to me. Mostly because he's not an opener. But Harris 100% deserves his spot at the top of the order right now.
That is one of many issues. Finch, not an opener. Bring in Burns, not an opener and also not putting on big scores. Renshaw, opener but not scoring runs.

Joe Burns is an interesting player

14 tests, made three tons, averages 36. First class average of 40.

Just never been a favoured son. Always seen as a bits and pieces player who plugs a gap until someone we like better is fit or in form.

Just never been a favoured son. Always seen as a bits and pieces player who plugs a gap until someone we like better is fit or in form.
He’s on a similar level to the other options in that he has a weak technique. Anything on a length around off stump he always looked like edging.

I reckon we could replace Marsh/Finch with Burns/anyone and it’d just be shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I really like Burns, but he is a middle order (5 or 6) for mine. Plays too far outside off, and a long way from his pad (as is so often the modern way), and does so with angled bat. Even in the middle order he has to fix that or he will never be reliable except on the flattest surface.

1. Harris
2. Khawaja
3. Finch
4. Handscomb
5. Head
6. Wade
7. Paine
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

Remove this Banner Ad