List Mgmt. Welcome: Tyson Stengle, new Crow!

Reckon we’ll go a small instead of McGovern or go with Fogarty?
Think we may do a bit of both, depending on the opposition & conditions.

Also may depend on managing Fog & how much he builds up his tank.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So we traded Stengle for pick 64, which we had to get by trading a future pick, right?

Can anyone confirm if Richmond actually used that pick? Reason I ask is Twomey’s by the numbers says 9 academy and 6 father sons. Last pick taken was 78. Does that mean the last natural pick used was 63?

Pretty sure that our original 71 didn’t get used, so you can understand why Richmond said that wasn’t enough. I’m just wondering if the one we traded Stengle for was even used?

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
So we traded Stengle for pick 64, which we had to get by trading a future pick, right?

Can anyone confirm if Richmond actually used that pick? Reason I ask is Twomey’s by the numbers says 9 academy and 6 father sons. Last pick taken was 78. Does that mean the last natural pick used was 63?

Pretty sure that our original 71 didn’t get used, so you can understand why Richmond said that wasn’t enough. I’m just wondering if the one we traded Stengle for was even used?
Richmond traded it to Geelong for their 2019 4th rounder. Geelong drafted Jake Tarca from South Adelaide with it.

We have 3 picks in 2019, we gave up another one when we didn’t need to.

And? It's a round 5 pick. Utterly worthless seeing at that point you may as well get whoever you are after on the rookie list where they are both cheaper and not on the cap.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I do, but I'm also not deluded enough to think i know more than those on the actual system.
What’s deluded about stating because we did a trade no one can explain, we have now lost a fourth round pick and we only have 3 next year.

Here’s a question for you, do you think we will only use 3 picks next year?

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What’s deluded about stating because we did a trade no one can explain, we have now lost a fourth round pick and we only have 3 next year.

Here’s a question for you, do you think we will only use 3 picks next year?
If we have 3 then more than likely we'll only use them, would make sense given we have to delist 3.

Or going by our recent track record, we are losing a first 22 player so we'll get more picks from that.

But in reality, it's all speculation.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
So we didn’t need to do that trade with Gold Coast
What makes you say that? Our late picks were 73 and 83, 73 dropped down to 67 and we gave Carlton their 5th rounder back to push that up to 64 to grab Lachlan Sholl. So if you're saying we could have traded what became 67 to Richmond for Stengle, then maybe we could have, but then we wouldn't have Sholl either.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What makes you say that? Our late picks were 73 and 83, 73 dropped down to 67 and we gave Carlton their 5th rounder back to push that up to 64 to grab Lachlan Sholl. So if you're saying we could have traded what became 67 to Richmond for Stengle, then maybe we could have, but then we wouldn't have Sholl either.
What did 83 become? Looking at it I think he became 72. Carlton still had 70 which they could have used on the player they grabbed at 66 and then picked up Ben Silvagni at 72.

Also by doing that trade with Gold Coast and then giving the pick to Richmond, we needed to give up a 2019 pick to move up to get whereas had we gave Richmond 71 and then traded we wouldn’t have needed to do the Scholl trade. You can’t tell me the Stengel trade would have fallen over if it was pick 73.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
What did 83 become? Looking at it I think he became 72. Carlton still had 70 which they could have used on the player they grabbed at 66 and then picked up Ben Silvagni at 72.

Also by doing that trade with Gold Coast and then giving the pick to Richmond, we needed to give up a 2019 pick to move up to get whereas had we gave Richmond 71 and then traded we wouldn’t have needed to do the Scholl trade. You can’t tell me the Stengel trade would have fallen over if it was pick 73.
Geelong were grabbing Sholl at 65, that's exactly why we moved up. And Richmond would have known 83 would have moved up, usually 4th and 5th round picks always do, so it must not have been enough to satisfy Richmond.

I was actually incorrect earlier too. Richmond got pick 62 from us for Stengle which they drafted Luke English with. It was their own 4th rounder (pick 68) they sent to Geelong for a 2019 pick.

It was a fourth round pick.

Fair, doesn't change that it's still a practically worthless pick.

We could trade out of the 4th round of every draft from herein and I wouldn't care in the slightest. After all, at that point, the talent is both very marginal, and better suited for the rookie list where they're not on the cap.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair, doesn't change that it's still a practically worthless pick.

We could trade out of the 4th round of every draft from herein and I wouldn't care in the slightest. After all, at that point, the talent is both very marginal, and better suited for the rookie list where they're not on the cap.
Interesting despite it being a worthless pick Richmond wanted one for Stengel who we gave 3 years to.

Back