Sheffield Shield Round 6: Victoria v Western Australia @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Match result

• VIC win

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • WA win

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw, VIC more bonus points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, WA more bonus points

• Draw, equal number bonus points

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose a North fan would know a fair bit about irrelevance.
Excuse me.
Interstate franchises haven’t earned the right to chastise Vics. That’d mean we give a s**t about those irrelevant clubs.

Pipe down son

Just seen the Maxwell dismissal. Poor bastard!

Gotta laugh though, I have been involved in exactly the same style of run-out. I was the bowler. My team mates gave me so much s**t over dropping the catch.

Just seen the Maxwell dismissal. Poor bastard!

Gotta laugh though, I have been involved in exactly the same style of run-out. I was the bowler. My team mates gave me so much s**t over dropping the catch.

How big was the fine?

Were you maxed out?

I actually saw worse- our spinner dropped a dolly onto the stumps and ran out the opposition batsmen as he was laughing too hard at his mate getting out.

Wow
Vics 2nd xi looking good
I guess WA pop gun attack emphasised that.
Let's see how WA go batting after tea tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember that time when Hilton played tests. Back to his typical WA spudliness

Cartwright's career Shield numbers, as we speak:

Batting - 40.24 average (4 hundreds, 11 fifties, 5 ducks)
Bowling - 54.50 average, 79.61 strike rate, 4.10 economy rate

It's the idea that he is or should be an all-rounder that's the problem. Probably taken a lot of focus away from his batting.

Interestingly, he's bowled just 11 overs in 5 1/2 Shield matches so far this season. WA is hardly struggling for bowling talent, so they don't really need him to bowl anyway, but perhaps both player and state have realised that he's just not a bowler.

Interestingly, Stoinis' vast improvement as a bowler continues. He is becoming a genuine all-rounder.

I didn't even know that Maddinson had changed states, and he opens with a strong century for Victoria. Has boosted his career Shield average from 32.02 to 34.15 with that one innings alone.

Would be funny if it earned him a rapid re-call to the Test team, especially at ol' Finchy's expense.

Back