Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I know for a fact we would have taken RCD. Spoke to Matt Clarke personally.

From a list perspective it might be a win win for both clubs.

I do not know the players well at all, only saw limited vision. On face value RCD should be a better pick up for RFC because he has talent and 193cm players with ability that can go in the middle do not fall on trees. Would Stocker have been nice? Possibly but really I would have thought the preference for RFC would have been RCD simply because, disregarding other matters, another Stocker equivalent is likely to presentin in the next 3 years anyway even as a possible trade. I assume RCD was not on CFC due to them having Cripps already but its horses for courses and who knows if Stocker is going to be quick enough and get a sufficient tank? It might be a win win for both clubs but I am still not sure Stocker warrants pick 6, I know I would have taken others before him at that pick!!

it is also important to note that just because we would not have taken Stocker ahead of RCD, it doesn't mean Stocker is no good, nor does it mean that RCD is a gun.

Lennon CELLIS ect proves that we have made just as many mistakes as other clubs with first round picks .

Good luck two both players, hope they are both AA level footballers

it is also important to note that just because we would not have taken Stocker ahead of RCD, it doesn't mean Stocker is no good, nor does it mean that RCD is a gun.

Lennon CELLIS ect proves that we have made just as many mistakes as other clubs with first round picks .

I think it is more to the point that there has been a little bit of social media that Carlton pinched him from us. That can't be further from the truth as we really didn't expect RCD to slide to us. Stocker was in a group of 3 or 4 we thought might make it to our pick. The club rated Stocker highly but rated RCD just that little bit higher. Both good players but they felt that RCD had a higher ceiling.

I think it is more to the point that there has been a little bit of social media that Carlton pinched him from us. That can't be further from the truth as we really didn't expect RCD to slide to us. Stocker was in a group of 3 or 4 we thought might make it to our pick. The club rated Stocker highly but rated RCD just that little bit higher. Both good players but they felt that RCD had a higher ceiling.

My (not highly informed) understanding is that Stocker was seen as low risk, good return player. Likely to be a solid B+ midfielder.

RCD was seen as a riskier proposition, but with a very high ceiling - as in very very high potential. A grade

So when RCD slid we saw an opportunity to gain a potential franchise player.

Carlton saw a genuine star in Stocker, and good on 'em. But that virtually all the draft watchers saw Stocker as a high quality role player and RCD as a potential super star, I'm happy that we got RCD.

And looking at videos RCD has the ability to do things that very few can. If he can translate his ability to the AFL (Not an easy thing to do) then we might just have won a huge victory for the next decade. But now it's up to RCD and us to turn potential into performance.

Just have to look at Stockers interview on the RCd inro prior to the draft

Its almost like Stocker is in awe of RCD

Stocker might get to Marc Murphy level (if it all works out for them)
RCD will be in the Fyfe,Cripps,Bont,Curnow converstion in 3-4 years time

Am i doing this right :p

I dont I hope Carlton has stuffed it up again .... I hate Carlton

The consensus draft compared to actual draft, had RCD as the biggest 1st round slider. Slid from 14 to 20 (-6). Compared to Stocker sliding only 1 spot (18 to 19).
http://www.hpnfooty.com/?p=31341

RCD -6
Jack Ross 11
Fraser Turner -18

We will the biggest bargain hunters in this year's draft if we sign Stack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like RCD has a bit of work to do on his tank, Really struggled in the 3klm time trial

English & Turner impressed with their running as did Ross

Coaching staff felt English and Fraser werent far off AFL level tanks before preseason started. By all accounts Ross is impressing too.

walsh and stocker over Lukosius, RCD and pick 1 2019

wow that’s a monumental fk up, good one SOS :thumbsu:
Come on now - It Walsh, Stocker and a 2019 Rd 1 pick

over

Lukosius, RCD and pick 1 2019

lets not make things up.

I say good on the Blues for backing themselves if thats the kid they wanted.

Come on now - It Walsh, Stocker and a 2019 Rd 1 pick

over

Lukosius, RCD and pick 1 2019

lets not make things up.

I say good on the Blues for backing themselves if thats the kid they wanted.

Good on the Blues? Are you even a Richmond supporter? LOL

Come back to me if they ever climb up the ladder and tell me again "Good on the Blues"

Supporters reckon we are unbearable, they haven't seen anything yet if Carlton start winning.

Good on the Blues? Are you even a Richmond supporter? LOL

Come back to me if they ever climb up the ladder and tell me again "Good on the Blues"

Supporters reckon we are unbearable, they haven't seen anything yet if Carlton start winning.
I have had Hawks fans make that claim about us also.... they have short memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back