Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

Is it different because he’s a marquee player? Or have we committed to drafting him next year lol
Must be different. I reckon they have tweaked the rules again after Port and crows had like 5 wins between them.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
With the 2 Cat Bs this year and an SANFL Captain, we've got a lot of players who could be missing out on games completely if we're all fit.

If that happens that'll be the first moment this s**t deal we got in the SANFL to remove our reserves team comes back to bite us.

We have a list of 46 + SANFL Captain.

The 2 teams take 43 spots. So up to 4 players could miss per week. (Or those AFL player could be playing in an amateur league team, not sure how that'd work)

With the 2 Cat Bs this year and an SANFL Captain, we've got a lot of players who could be missing out on games completely if we're all fit.

If that happens that'll be the first moment this s**t deal we got in the SANFL to remove our reserves team comes back to bite us.

We have a list of 46 + SANFL Captain.

The 2 teams take 43 spots. So up to 4 players could miss per week. (Or those AFL player could be playing in an amateur league team, not sure how that'd work)
I don't think we'll have a 2017 situation where everyone is fit. But if it does happen, I could see Frederick, Pudney, Cox and Hewett being rested a little bit.

Also we'll have to see when the AFL games are played too, we might have to hold back an emergency or 2 every few weeks.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
He shouldn't be playing every week then if he's not captain.

Yeah I'm not really sure what the exact rules are but if he's actually captain I'm wondering why they didn't call him that.

“A few opportunities came my way in the WAFL and the SANFL but I was really interested in the role at Port Adelaide after the SANFL updated its rules recently,” Sutcliffe told portadelaidefc.com.au.

Yeah I'm not really sure what the exact rules are but if he's actually captain I'm wondering why they didn't call him that.

“A few opportunities came my way in the WAFL and the SANFL but I was really interested in the role at Port Adelaide after the SANFL updated its rules recently,” Sutcliffe told portadelaidefc.com.au.
We get 1 marquee player that plays every week. IMO that guy should be our captain if he's experienced enough. Sutcliffe has 100 AFL games under his belt and is 26 years old. So for mine it's either him or Jack Trengove.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can very much see us signing him for the AFL list end of year if he is consistent enough.

Not a great player but a little surprising he got delisted.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
We get 1 marquee player that plays every week. IMO that guy should be our captain if he's experienced enough. Sutcliffe has 100 AFL games under his belt and is 26 years old. So for mine it's either him or Jack Trengove.
There's no way it's Jack Trengove. It shouldn't and won't be an afl listed player..

There's no way it's Jack Trengove. It shouldn't and won't be an afl listed player..

Jack Trengove won’t be playing any AFL and is a leader. If Sutcliffe isn’t captain, who do we pick? Nobody else sticks out as an option.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He played afl this year, a couple of injuries he is every chance to play afl next year too..
Many PAFC reserves captains have played seniors.

I actually see it as a good thing.

I want our SANFL juniors to learn off of someone who is giving their all to get one last crack at the big time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He played afl this year, a couple of injuries he is every chance to play afl next year too..

Hartlett being back and Mayes being recruited will make it harder for Trengove to improve on his 3 AFL games off half back.

I also think Broadbent won’t play a game of AFL again, but if he somehow gets fit, I’m picking him over Trengove too.

Who do you think should be captain if it’s not Sutcliffe?

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hartlett being back and Mayes being recruited will make it harder for Trengove to improve on his 3 AFL games off half back.

I also think Broadbent won’t play a game of AFL again, but if he somehow gets fit, I’m picking him over Trengove too.

Who do you think should be captain if it’s not Sutcliffe?
It's Sutcliffe. Leadership player is just the new wanky term for sanfl captain. I'd be very surprised if he isn't in the number 1

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Many PAFC reserves captains have played seniors.

I actually see it as a good thing.

I want our SANFL juniors to learn off of someone who is giving their all to get one last crack at the big time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Completely different set up now.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
The term 'Leadership Player' is not new as it was actually in the original Reserves Agreement. This is the wording in the original SANFL/PAFC Agreement signed back in 2013. .

Top Up players – leadership player
  • Port Adelaide Magpies support team can contract one ‘leadership’ player per season.
  • 28 years and over, must have been on PAFC AFL or PAMFC list.
Obviously things have changed since 2013 because Cameron Sutcliffe is 26 and has never been on our AFL list.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Tiser today stated we had filled our quota of 12 top ups.
I always thought the new rules allowed for only 10.
A postervyestrday had us with 14 includinf Smith and Makoi.
Does anyone have a definitive answer?
Maybe we have 10 "primary" top ups, plus a further list of "supplementaries" who can be called on, BUT only in the event that the Power and Magpies in combination have such a horrendous injury list that even 10 top ups can't cover the total injuries/suspensions?

Tiser today stated we had filled our quota of 12 top ups.
I always thought the new rules allowed for only 10.
A postervyestrday had us with 14 includinf Smith and Makoi.
Does anyone have a definitive answer?
Maybe we have 10 "primary" top ups, plus a further list of "supplementaries" who can be called on, BUT only in the event that the Power and Magpies in combination have such a horrendous injury list that even 10 top ups can't cover the total injuries/suspensions?
10 contracted players + unlimited uncontracted players.

Back