VFL 2019 List Changes for VFL Pies

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure about the "dominant player at VFL level" bit!! It's rather uncommon for an axed AFL player to stick around and keep playing at the same VFL club, so he must like the place!

Don't mind this signing.

Just wait for Oxley to be our pick in the mid season draft for Murray.

That would not be a Huge Shock and they Play Similar Positions but Neither are Best 22

Not sure about the "dominant player at VFL level" bit!! It's rather uncommon for an axed AFL player to stick around and keep playing at the same VFL club, so he must like the place!
There's been a few more recently at other clubs, but for us Daniel Nicholls (2008-09) and Paul Licuria were the last with Justin Crow (2008, 10) also doing similar albeit after a 3 season break.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Oxley gets picked up in the mid-season rookie draft to replace Murray, who cares? The bloke isn't the greatest player but he's got AFL experience which will be a bonus.

We also don't know how it will work in terms of contract lengths. It could literally just be the second half of the year to fulfil the remainder of Murray's contract and keep a list spot filled.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
And just to add to my above comment - if he comes in he also already has a personal connection to the majority of our AFL list which also gives him another leg-up over some newbie coming in. At least with newbies coming in at the end of the year they have a whole pre-season to get to know their new teammates, but for the mid-season rookie draft they're just thrown in. Oxley won't have that issue.

If it goes down that path, he's good depth. Won't get a game unless absolutely necessary, and will more than likely be temporary.

And just to add to my above comment - if he comes in he also already has a personal connection to the majority of our AFL list which also gives him another leg-up over some newbie coming in. At least with newbies coming in at the end of the year they have a whole pre-season to get to know their new teammates, but for the mid-season rookie draft they're just thrown in. Oxley won't have that issue.

If it goes down that path, he's good depth. Won't get a game unless absolutely necessary, and will more than likely be temporary.

As long as it's a End of Year Contract he gets

kpsmagpies

Debutant
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wasn't Heidelberg thrown up earlier?

Yeah I posted a while back before his delisting was announced... told he and his bro will be at Heidelberg next year but I see there is news about vfl clubs after him so maybe he has better offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Just wait for Oxley to be our pick in the mid season draft for Murray.

So my understanding is the B sample results and final decision on a pending suspension will be known early January?
If Murray is suspended anywhere between 2 to 4 years, will we delist him? If its 2 years l think we will keep him on the rookie list, considering he is only what 22/23, but anything over 2 years we will delist him.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
So my understanding is the B sample results and final decision on a pending suspension will be known early January?
If Murray is suspended anywhere between 2 to 4 years, will we delist him? If its 2 years l think we will keep him on the rookie list, considering he is only what 22/23, but anything over 2 years we will delist him.
I could be pulling this out of my arse but an ASADA ban may be seen as a breach of contract.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I... I just can't... CFC2010, do you want to do the honours...?

7FEA4CCD-629A-401C-AB1A-58F60BBA539D.gif

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Surely we're not far off the VFL fixture being released for next year.

2018 Fixture came out December 15 last year
2017 Fixture came out December 11 two years ago

With the Pies playing lots of night games next year we shouldn't have any clashes to worry about. I'm looking forward to lots of Pies Friday night wins next year followed up by a relaxing Saturday arvo at Victoria Park!

An added bonus of having so many Thursday/Friday night games is that it will be very rare for our carryover player to miss the VFL game next year. Hopefully all the emergencies will get to play in the VFL most weeks.

blackwhite2010

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could someone please tell me if Woodward is still with our vfl side for 2019?

Loved watching him this year and the whole afl grand final thing with him and how upset he was . I'd love to see him play with us again next year

Back