AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think so. My sister is a silver member still about 4000 on the waitlist. This probably means if Melbourne makes a prelim she will either be unable to sit with us and be stuck up in the nosebleeds

Oh boo hoo! She hasn't missed out, she gets a ticket!

Oh boo hoo! She hasn't missed out, she gets a ticket!

Maybe. If Melbourne were playing Richmond, Collingwood or Essendon they almost certainly wont get a ticket. I sat next to someone who works for the AFL at the Richmond Hawthorn final this year and he was pointing out that an ever increasing % of the AFL members section are given to corporates in every final.

Maybe. If Melbourne were playing Richmond, Collingwood or Essendon they almost certainly wont get a ticket. I sat next to someone who works for the AFL at the Richmond Hawthorn final this year and he was pointing out that an ever increasing % of the AFL members section are given to corporates in every final.
Hence why Gold has slowed up...gotta allow corporate dimes to fill the decreasing afl member gold vacuum

Is there anyway to see your waitlist number online or do you have to wait for it in the mail or call them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email from September last year had me at 11854. Got my card for next year in the mail and am at 8494.

Unsure though if the number I received last year was already out of date or anything, but was told that I was "roughly 6 seasons off full membership".

What teams need to suck to get the most people not to renew?

Less than 500 spots in 12 months at the 8k mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Years of membership: 8
Waitlist: 8035

That whole "it'll take seven to ten years for gold" seems a little off at this point.

My conspiracy theory is that the AFL are "buying" out lapsed gold memberships and repurposing them for other needs.

Don't forget that in the 3 year period 2014-2016 there was a much larger than normal number of gold upgrades, 6500, see my previous posts on this. This means in those years you moved much further up the waiting list than normal, maybe 1k spots more each year than expected, people seem to gloss over this point. Last 2 years you have moved much less than normal, maybe 1k spots less than expected each year. Maybe it's just cyclical?

Also I thought gold was capped at 30k, but remember seeing some sort of official figures a couple of years back saying 31k current gold members, can't recall where I saw this. Maybe at some point they let an extra 1k in and are now in the process of clawing those back?

My conspiracy theory is that the AFL are "buying" out lapsed gold memberships and repurposing them for other needs.
Not a conspiracy...its the god honest ******* truth.

They are just not repurposing them. The idea is to buy out Level N and P for corporates, leaving possibly M (Front) and Q as Gold areas for the future.

Also I thought gold was capped at 30k, but remember seeing some sort of official figures a couple of years back saying 31k current gold members, can't recall where I saw this. Maybe at some point they let an extra 1k in and are now in the process of clawing those back?

They tweeted it. I doubt the accuracy of this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back