Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get the angst here. CS needs to get away - some would say far away - from the club. Let him go.

Im sure there was discussion amongst coaches before he left with a game plan. And they are installing it now sans CS standing there. So what.

He'll be back after Xmas is my guess when the whole group returns.

GO Catters
That's what the off season is for...

The whole group has already returned mate and so should he. He's the head coach for crying out loud!

The whole group has already returned mate and so should he. He's the head coach for crying out loud!
I saw Collingwood on the news the other day, Buckley managed to be back at Collingwood on time ... and he was jumping out of his skin to take on 2019.
Some Clubs run better programs than others I guess
Some clubs are more professional than others too I guess

Yes the whole group has returned.
I meant after the xmas break - but for semantic purposes I should have been clearer.

And what off season. Right out of finals into the trade period and drafting etc.. that was the end of November.
I dont mind CS taking Dec off and coming back early Jan.

Regardless of the opinion of his contribution when here ( theres a thread for that so dont do it here!!) the bloke in that HC position is entitled to down time - and a good chunk of it - and if that occurs Dec 1 - Jan 6 or so... then so be it.

GO Catters

Nah, it's pathetic. He should be taking his leave in the off season like every other coach does.

We're currently running match simulation sessions 3 times a week and our head coach isn't there. It's an absolute joke!

What off season?

Next thing we'd hear if he took off on holidays during the pre-draft and draft periods would be how irresponsible he is for taking off...and what a bad look it is when every other coach is present at the National draft.. The guy cant win whatever he does with the anti-Scott brigade.

Scott's holiday break would have been well planned in advance just as the training programme would have been in his absence ....this would be a non issue for the players....

I dont get the angst here. CS needs to get away - some would say far away - from the club. Let him go.

Im sure there was discussion amongst coaches before he left with a game plan. And they are installing it now sans CS standing there. So what.

He'll be back after Xmas is my guess when the whole group returns.

GO Catters
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. God knows we all need some time off.

You'd think that the assistants would relish more responsibility & step up.

The problem is that he's coming back! Lol

Whilst he's head coach he should be there not only to instruct and teach his game plan but to build relationships with the younger guys. It's no wonder that there has been talk of a disconnect between them and Scott. It's like he's giving all of the other head coaches a head start in a way...

Honestly, it's shithouse!

Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 6.31.15 pm.png Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 6.31.42 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mmm those photos certainly suggest the young fellas are at ease with the coach

Inkblot-Test-1.jpg
So what do you see here jester???

So we are supposedly having a fairly big change of game plan with an emphasis on forward pressure and the head coach is on leave. WTF.
At least they're addressing one of our problems by changing the game plan and I don't mind him being away, the least he has to do with the club the better.

About Time the mods cleaned this up
There is a forum for the scott haters
clarko is os, no-one cares

Seriously people wake up, many coaches only really turn up on game day
scott is much better than the crap being peddled on this site
Well this would have been discussed there but It's closed cause one of the mods thinks there's a need for renovation.

LOL Great PR move by the club to post photos of Scott at breakfast with the younger players. This dispels the suggestion he is not close with them... Or it comes across as fake.. I guess it's up to the individual to determine the nature - it looks more setup than coach/player bonding IMO. The guys at the end of the table would struggle to hear what he is saying anyway.

Yep, I feel you. In normal circumstances a 19-20 year old is definitely able to be at complete ease with one of the heads of his organisation.
Those photos are less CEO meets the plebs and more school teacher tells off the cool kids for calling something 'gay'.

What this pre-season needs more than anything now is not even news of players 'back on the track' or entire postcodes 'trained down'.

It's simply crying out for the Scott thread to re-open.

That way, this thread could actually become relevant and worthwhile reading again.

It's so much easier to ignore the inanity when it's all contained to one thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back